Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
It's not just one event though... Mag tests have the '15 slower than the outgoing model as well, I believe it was mentioned a few times. That's not going to cut it for me fellas. I bought a '15 wrx which is slower than the '14 and I knew that going into the deal. It's dumb that subaru didn't improve all performance metrics, including acceleration, and you can bet I complain about it. I feel the same way about the '15 s550. The wrx is a fun corner carver that gets decent mileage, has 4 doors, and costed ~$27k otd. If we're playing the mod game, I'm sure the $7k gap between the gt and wrx could get me pretty far. Stock performance is important, it sets the bar and modding only takes it further. I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time but I do enjoy racing, and on track perfomance is important too. I don't take my car to road circuits, but I still tune in for lightning lap, and other track tests because I want to see what a car can do. Stoplight drag races are fun, and I don't know about you guys but I don't like to lose. Are we even sure the gt pp will be faster than the 1le on the track?

Furthermore, if you don't care about drag racing, and handling is your main concern, maybe you should consider a brz or mx-5.
Subaru?

1. I will never own a Subaru with the god-awful boxer motor. I don't want a car that sounds like the bathroom of a mall food court. And I never wanna be lumped in to that owners category; Subaru drivers are the only ones I refuse to help when I see them stuck in a ditch.

2. Anyone can always get a Miata and make a track monster for less than $10k...but you're still in a Miata.

Nope, I'd rather slap some fat tires on a Mustang and beat both the previously mentioned cars but it will come down to what type of track you're own. A larger track is gonna rely more on power but a technical track is where a nimble, little car with win. It's why touring car racing has always been awesome throughout the years.
Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The drama queens that post here... :doh: Christ, guys, this car was released literally a week or so ago and it's already "game over"? Give it more than a week; I can guarantee the benchmark hasn't been set, yet. Hell, didn't one of this site's vendors take their brand-new 2015 GT automatic with 20-inch wheels directly from the showroom floor to a drag strip and run a very respectable 12.86 @ 107? Again, that's an automatic Mustang with 20-inch wheels, and it only had 138 miles on the odometer.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/video-sct-mustang-4078.html

akwal07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang kona blue v6