15-17 Xforce non-res mid pipe kit

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think I finalized on getting the Xforce cat-back kit for my 2017 Mustang GT. I talked with Xforce USA and they mentioned they are coming out with a new kit that has the two mid-pipes, just like the 2018+ kit. I don't have a date for the kit yet. But it will have the original mid-pipe and this non-res mid-pipe.

They also stated I can purchase just the new pipe directly from them now, so I can get the original kit from a vendor now and get everything built before the spring. This I like as the kit is on sale now and I have no idea what the new kit would cost.

The new pipe is around $200 and is bolt-in ready. A little more if I had a shop build me one, but it is done and I can have the option of both pipes.

Thoughts? Thinking of buying it. And has @beefcake or @LethalPerformance heard about this? (since you sell the kit)

ES-FM15-C2B.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
RookieDDZ

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Quick update
Big thanks to @beefcake for helping me get the xforce catback kit and the non-res mid pipe.
BFEABAE4-A4B7-4274-BD6B-E5811E78FD58.jpeg

F78445C4-A65B-4536-AA4D-EDC6C4D7C9B8.jpeg

07DCF928-E7B6-46D2-9B49-81175237BF9C.jpeg
the new non-res midpipe is a perfect fit. And it sounds great. From the reviews I saw and heard, lots of people wished the kit was louder. This does it, and I’m assuming it is very close to the same if you replace the midpipe with a cut and clamp X/H pipe.
I will work on a video soon. Raining like crazy right now

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Yes glad you got the non resonated. My kit had the resonated pipe and tone was great with the headers I tore up that resonator going into driveways. I contacted xforce and they were going to send me the straight pipe but ultimately I traded the 2017 for my 2021 so I didn't have them send it.

OP
OP
RookieDDZ

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes, I'm pretty happy with the whole kit. And Xforce has been great to work with. I had a bunch of questions and they got back to me quickly, multiple times a day.
I just need to adjust the drivers side muffler as it is sitting a little lower than the other side, maybe 1/2 inch. Any advice would be great.

Quick search helps myself find the answer
(rotate the round part of the hanger up or down to adjust the height)
I guess I got the second muffler right the first time.

Last edited:

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Yes, I'm pretty happy with the whole kit. And Xforce has been great to work with. I had a bunch of questions and they got back to me quickly, multiple times a day.
I just need to adjust the drivers side muffler as it is sitting a little lower than the other side, maybe 1/2 inch. Any advice would be great.

Quick search helps myself find the answer
(rotate the round part of the hanger up or down to adjust the height)
I guess I got the second muffler right the first time.
Glad yours worked out I had to bend the hanger a bit. And I had a few issues nothing to do with quality of the part that was amazing and their headers fit great. But more with packaging. They didn't send enough header bolts, nor enough flange bolts to connect the sections, also short on two flange gaskets. No big deal I work in a shop so all easy fixes other than that tone was good at idle even with the resonator and absolutely screamed under acceleration. And with the valves closed was perfect for date night.

Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I'm about to cut into the resonator this week. Wish I had the straight pipe so I didn't have to do math LOL

OP
OP
RookieDDZ

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm about to cut into the resonator this week. Wish I had the straight pipe so I didn't have to do math LOL
Cut away. I have mine in the for sale section if you screw up :)

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC