Sponsored

15 - 17 Kenne Bell 2.8l LC Polished Supercharger Unboxing

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just thought id post this here in case its of interest to anyone. I bought this kit a while back and made this video wit @Kristian87 but hadn't got around to editing and posting. Its a straight up video without the crappy background music and shows what you get in each box.

Hopefully it helps you guys in making your decisions with regards to which kit to get etc. The kit is Right hand Drive compatible. Just need a slightly longer brake booster hose and an extra jubilee clip to account for the brake booster being on the opposite side to the left hand drive variants.

I have no affiliation to KB whatsoever aside from following them on Instagram :D

Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I actually have a KB on my 2014 gt500. I bought the car used so ill need to research exactly what it is. But I think its a 3.2lc and it has the twin kb tb on it and the 5 inch intake. I plan to trade the car in on either a 2016 up gt350 or gt auto. So I'll need a lot of those parts to fit it onto the coyote. Mostly the lower manifold and intercooler. I've done some fab work and turbo kits so I'm sure I can figure it out. Hopefully KB will sell me just the parts I need without the head unit and all the top end stuff.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually have a KB on my 2014 gt500. I bought the car used so ill need to research exactly what it is. But I think its a 3.2lc and it has the twin kb tb on it and the 5 inch intake. I plan to trade the car in on either a 2016 up gt350 or gt auto. So I'll need a lot of those parts to fit it onto the coyote. Mostly the lower manifold and intercooler. I've done some fab work and turbo kits so I'm sure I can figure it out. Hopefully KB will sell me just the parts I need without the head unit and all the top end stuff.
The guys over at KB are super helpful. If you tell them what you have I'm sure they will be able to hook you up with the parts you need for a transplant.

My advice is just to straight up give them a call. Rick and Mike will get things sorted ASAP. The best thing is that they are the manufacturers of the kit so I'm sure it won't be any trouble for them to get things sorted.

I hope you find the video helpful when you need to compare and contrast with what you have under the hood and once the installation video is up, that will help even more.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Awesome! Great looking package. I'm still curious why your 2.8 has the flat snout like the 3.6L and larger. I'm hoping to have what I'm doing about a blower or GT350 by the time the worlds silliness is over.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Great looking package. I'm still curious why your 2.8 has the flat snout like the 3.6L and larger. I'm hoping to have what I'm doing about a blower or GT350 by the time the worlds silliness is over.
I have no idea. I honestly didn't even notice until it was pointed out. I prefer it though so it's a good thing haha.

If I was in the States. I would have put the 3.6 on hands down especially if I had good consistent e85 tested at 85% available at my local gas station.

Thanks for watching.

Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Is there an easy way to identify the size of a KB head unit? Length or part numbers perhaps?

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Nice to see another KB out in the wild.
66-C75326-AB18-4-B44-A412-26330-D6-BED0-A.jpg

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there an easy way to identify the size of a KB head unit? Length or part numbers perhaps?
I think it's just the size. You will definitely see the difference between the 2.8 and the 3.6 in size but I guess all that matters is that the owner knows.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice to see another KB out in the wild.
66-C75326-AB18-4-B44-A412-26330-D6-BED0-A.jpg
Yessur

We are out there for sure. I don't understand why KB doesn't have as much presence on the forums as others. ‍♂

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Yessur

We are out there for sure. I don't understand why KB doesn't have as much presence on the forums as others. ‍♂
Whipple is the dominant brand now, but I’ve had four KBs, including the last pushrod kit they produced, and don’t plan on switching brand loyalty.
Sponsored