Sponsored

15-17 GT w/PP wear&tear/maintenance costs?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I'm curious what expenses I need to plan for down the road when I pull the trigger on a 17 GT with PP?

Biggest concern would be tires. From the posts I've seen people say the P-Zero's last 6mos-under 2 years. I know when it comes to tires there are endless choices but what'd be the average of what people pay for decent rubber?

Next would be brake pads and possibly rotors. Not sure how long the rotors are expected to last but pads are a given that they wear out. Hopefully they last at least a year with 8-9mos of commuting/weekend driving out of the year. I tried searching for the Brembo pads...just the pads...and couldn't find them. So I have no clue what they go for.

Suspension items like shocks/springs. I forget what comes with the PP but what's a ballpark figure for what they'll cost to replace (without labor since I do my own work)?

Clutch/trans I'm hoping lasts at least 5 years but probably less than 10 with normal driving. Since that's one thing I don't currently monkey around with I'm guessing that'll be a solid $3k including labor...right?

Is there anything else I should know about parts that'll need replacing every few years?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
I have a totally stock '15 GT PP and mine is solely a daily driver. Never tracked or taken to a drag strip. Heck it's never been to "Mexico" either so your mileage may vary but I've only had to replace tires at a little over 13k miles. Other than that the car has been flawless.

I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for the replacements and so far (less than 500 miles on them) they have been great. I'm hoping for better mileage with these tires.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I think currently the best bang for your buck street tire is the Nitto NT555 G2. It has a 320 treadwear. The grip is really good in dry and wet. Just don't expect traction flooring it in first though you will still roll through them. Usually by 2nd i'm hooked to the road. They are also priced decently.

I run a 255/275 20" setup and I paid a little under $800 before mounting them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a totally stock '15 GT PP and mine is solely a daily driver. Never tracked or taken to a drag strip. Heck it's never been to "Mexico" either so your mileage may vary but I've only had to replace tires at a little over 13k miles. Other than that the car has been flawless.

I went with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for the replacements and so far (less than 500 miles on them) they have been great. I'm hoping for better mileage with these tires.
The PZero's lasted 13k??

That should be 2-3 years of driving for me using this only on nice days in warmer months. I thought they wore out quicker as did the Brembo pads. Still curious how much those cost.

Thanks for sharing

-Emt1581

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
The PZero's lasted 13k??

That should be 2-3 years of driving for me using this only on nice days in warmer months. I thought they wore out quicker as did the Brembo pads. Still curious how much those cost.

Thanks for sharing

-Emt1581
Yeah, I've seen guys post much shorter life spans for their P Zeros too but I guess I was lucky or wasn't driving them hard enough! They were pretty bad in the rear by 13k miles though. I do most of my driving on the Interstate and that may have helped my mileage on the tires.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
My rear tires have both been replaced under the dealer's wheel and tire warranty, which I HIGHLY suggest spending the $500 on. So far, my investment in the warranty has saved me almost $500, as I've gotten three new rear tires, and one of my front tires has been patched. The front tires are original on my car, and at 19k miles, look just fine. I expect I could get about 40k miles from them. The rears? Not so much. When my last original rear tire was replaced at 16k miles, it was time. Then I got a screw in the tire, and the dealer replaced it.

As for pads, I heel/toe basically everywhere, and tend to brake late and hard, even on the street. My stock PP pads had plenty of life left when I swapped them for Power Stop Z23 pads at 17k miles. I would anticipate at least 45k miles from the pads. The pads don't bite as hard, initially, as the stock PP pads, but stop just as well. They also dust WAY less, and for $80 and like two hours, I'd highly recommend swapping the stock pads. You'll save time on cleaning the wheels, BELIEVE me!

JR

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My rear tires have both been replaced under the dealer's wheel and tire warranty, which I HIGHLY suggest spending the $500 on. So far, my investment in the warranty has saved me almost $500, as I've gotten three new rear tires, and one of my front tires has been patched. The front tires are original on my car, and at 19k miles, look just fine. I expect I could get about 40k miles from them. The rears? Not so much. When my last original rear tire was replaced at 16k miles, it was time. Then I got a screw in the tire, and the dealer replaced it.

As for pads, I heel/toe basically everywhere, and tend to brake late and hard, even on the street. My stock PP pads had plenty of life left when I swapped them for Power Stop Z23 pads at 17k miles. I would anticipate at least 45k miles from the pads. The pads don't bite as hard, initially, as the stock PP pads, but stop just as well. They also dust WAY less, and for $80 and like two hours, I'd highly recommend swapping the stock pads. You'll save time on cleaning the wheels, BELIEVE me!

JR
You mentioned the dealer's tire warranty....is that through Ford? If so, what are the months/miles it's good for? $500 would seem to be a steal if you get at least one new set out of the deal!

Thanks for the info on the pads.

-Emt1581
Sponsored