Sponsored

15-17 GT BBK Throttle Body Question

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Hello, I am looking to purchase a used 85mm bbk throttle body for my 17 GT. The person I am wanting to buy from does not have the 4 bolts that comes with the throttle body from BBK. Does anyone happen to know if the factory throttle body bolts will still work on that BBK throttle body. If not do you I could get what I need from like a autozone, napa, orielly's part shop, ect?

Any inside on this would be great. Thank you
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Reusing the stock bolts for the 85mm BBK TB should be fine. Unless your having throttle response issues with the stock TB money would spent elsewhere would be a better idea. BBK TBs have a high failure rate. It's better to Port the stock one out. Why because if you need to replace the guts it's far less expensive to purchase another stock TB then to purchase another BBK TB. Stock unported TB is on 1000+ HP cars no issues.

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Reusing the stock bolts for the 85mm BBK TB should be fine. Unless your having throttle response issues with the stock TB money would spent elsewhere would be a better idea. BBK TBs have a high failure rate. It's better to Port the stock one out. Why because if you need to replace the guts it's far less expensive to purchase another stock TB then to purchase another BBK TB. Stock unported TB is on 1000+ HP cars no issues.
Cool, that makes sense. Yeah I wasn't even hunting for a aftermarket throttle body, but I have someone on my local craigslist that is selling it and took it off his GT before he traded it in he said. He will take $200 for it. Think that is a good enough deal to get and try it out at that price since they are $500 new?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
200 is not a bad deal, considering porting one is 150-200 for a stock tb. It's a nice improvement in throttle response, it does not add much of any HP or TQ on the top end. It gains in the curve and throttle response.

OP
OP
cobraman800

cobraman800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
200 is not a bad deal, considering porting one is 150-200 for a stock tb. It's a nice improvement in throttle response, it does not add much of any HP or TQ on the top end. It gains in the curve and throttle response.
Cool thanks for the info and your input. I appreciate it, I think I will go for it then at that price
Sponsored