15-17 Front Turn Signal Swap?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m new to this forum and have been trying to get up to speed with mods, etc. I am sad to say I have no idea what Forscan is. But I am kind of getting the idea that the Opt-7s definitely need improving out of the box as is.
I didn't notice at first, but you are located in Sac right? If so, then I may be available to help you with FORSCAN since I already did a few things with it like disabled the annoying honk when you closed your door after getting out of the car with the key fob. Also did a digital cluster swap too. Depending on where you are in Sac, I can aid real quick. I am usually in Rancho Cordova for the most part.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I didn't notice at first, but you are located in Sac right? If so, then I may be available to help you with FORSCAN since I already did a few things with it like disabled the annoying honk when you closed your door after getting out of the car with the key fob. Also did a digital cluster swap too. Depending on where you are in Sac, I can aid real quick. I am usually in Rancho Cordova for the most part.
Thanks man that’s nice of you. I’ll let you know when I get some free time. I’m located in Roseville. That horn honk is annoying as F too lol.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I have had both the Raxiom and opt7. The only issue I had with the Raxiom was moisture getting on the inside of the lenses other wise they worked fine. the Opt 7 work great for a while, but then they would randomly hyper flash when I used the turn signal the inside indicator would work normally, but the turn signal would only go half way two or three times per sequence. It would only do this if the lights were off, if they were on everything would work normally. I called Opt7 and they sent me a resistor harness that I had to install in the lights, after that everything has been working flawlessly. I really like my Opt 7s.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
IIRC, that was an issue with the opt7's in the beginning and I think they subsequently started incorporating that in kits that followed, so should not be an issue now.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Opt7 are by far the best looking, if they fixed the issues they had when first released I would say 100% go with those.

Sponsored

kenbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I just installed my opt7's a few days ago, installation wasn't too bad. I didn't use a FORscan, it turned out well my I do like them

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Opt7s, very happy with them. They look the best in my opinion.

About the DRL issue, etc.... I can speak from experience.

My Opt7s worked normally for the first week or two and were on white as DRLs. For whatever reason after that the white DRLs did not come on and the blinker sequential was scattered during the day. At night they worked fine. This was using the lights in Auto mode, I didn't try manual off or on.

I fixed it by a simple Forscan change that now has them working 100% properly without any additional harness. White DRLs during the day and night, properly working sequential blinker. You also have the option to make the DRL orange if you wanted. If you already have Forscan, it will be a breeze to fix. If not, I would say its better to spend your money on the parts needed for Forscan rather than a harness, since you can further use it for other changes and improvements.
I literally just started having that issue is the only way to fix it with a FORscan?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I literally just started having that issue is the only way to fix it with a FORscan?
Someone else said that Opt7 is now including/offering harnesses that fix the problem I think?

I would just go with Forscan though. I'd rather make some code changes and be able to improve other features rather than crawl under the car again and mess with wiring lol.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weird I didn't get a wiring harness with mine. I can't be the only one with this issue. My brother has a FORscan but I will have to wait for him when he comes to my house in December. Do you know the codes/process with your device to fix your issue?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Weird I didn't get a wiring harness with mine. I can't be the only one with this issue. My brother has a FORscan but I will have to wait for him when he comes to my house in December. Do you know the codes/process with your device to fix your issue?
I will get the codes off my car this weekend as I've been promising on this thread for awhile lol.
Sponsored