I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't bother with the OPT7's...as you can see there are a number of issues apparently since your thread got derailed lol. Get the Diode Dynamics...I love mine and not a single issue. Worked right out of the box and it was a plug in a go affair.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I know... Nine out of ten people report issues. I am not gonna bother with the OPT's. Unfortunately @Diode Dynamics have withdrawn their product from their website and they have not launched yet a European version... I am waiting impatiently on that and I hope to be able to buy their turn signals before I sell the car :)

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I wouldn't bother with the OPT7's...as you can see there are a number of issues apparently since your thread got derailed lol. Get the Diode Dynamics...I love mine and not a single issue. Worked right out of the box and it was a plug in a go affair.
Thats an asinine comment because they have just as many issues as any other companies. Infact they totally pulled them from the production line and they dont even sell them anymore.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
emerica that is the exact issue I was having. Just call OPT7 and they will send you an harness, no charge, that you install in your light and that will fix your issue see this video https://support.opt-7.com/143342-Special-Resistor-Install-2015-Ford-Mustang-Only
Do you know if their engineering team is aware of the root cause and I guess the resistor being the resolution to it? I find it concerning the phone support would offer that solution, and the email support just wants to send me a whole new fixture acting like they are unaware of the problem.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Sorry guys I seem to have lost my OBD2 reader so I can't check the codes. Looking over the spreadsheet and going by memory I am pretty sure this is what I changed. I will check if I find my reader.

BCM 726-45-01: xxxx 7Fxx xxxx (Allows Forscan DRL Changes)
BCM 726-26-02: x1xx xxxx xxxx (Enables Parking Lights as DRL)
BCM 726-50-01: 10xx (Enables dedicated LED DRL lights)

To get the OPT7's to be yellow in DRL mode, set 726-50-01 to 08xx.

See lines 25 and 26 on the Forscan codes spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SN7v6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/edit#gid=53101868
This is not where you should look at for fixing the problem. I believe the solution is given in line 70 in the above spreadsheet, that shows how to address the turn signal hyperflash due to aftermarket LEDs. So if you go to block 726-27-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx and you change X from 1 to 0, you should be able to eliminate the problem, without even upgrading to the new harness. Has anyone tried this?

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats an asinine comment because they have just as many issues as any other companies. Infact they totally pulled them from the production line and they dont even sell them anymore.
How so? OP asks for what type of turn signals to get and it turns into an OPT7 support page...think that basically proves the point the product has some major issues. Don't get mad cuze you got a rushed POS product. I didn't make you buy it, I almost got them myself but they had issues from the very first ones. Waited for the DD ones and not problem one. Little triggered there bro...less coffee

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
This is not where you should look at for fixing the problem. I believe the solution is given in line 70 in the above spreadsheet, that shows how to address the turn signal hyperflash due to aftermarket LEDs. So if you go to block 726-27-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx and you change X from 1 to 0, you should be able to eliminate the problem, without even upgrading to the new harness. Has anyone tried this?
The line you mentioned is not being quoted in the post. I think that's where some confusion is coming from. I do believe I already disabled the hyprrflash for good measure when I got the car .

I'll double check tonight. I still dont see how if hyperflash was the issue because of the signals being LED, why i would ONLY affect the passenger sides module, ONLY when there are not lights on. Seems like quite a unique scenario.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
How so? OP asks for what type of turn signals to get and it turns into an OPT7 support page...think that basically proves the point the product has some major issues. Don't get mad cuze you got a rushed POS product. I didn't make you buy it, I almost got them myself but they had issues from the very first ones. Waited for the DD ones and not problem one. Little triggered there bro...less coffee
Ill support and back up OPT7 and DD both. They both make great products and I have a slew of them from both companies. You basically bashed OPT7s product saying dont get them because theres a slewwww of issues. Then you recommend DD product, again, a product which doesn't exist anymore because they clearly have issues as well. You think they pulled that product from their production because its not having issues? You think recommending that specific product to a consumer is a good idea at this point?

I didn't pull the trigger early on any product, I purchased the DD turn signals back DD back in January 2018. They worked for about 2 months until the one decided to stop lighting up and functioning at all. It had to of been lose wires or soldered connections on the board because when playing with them they would intermittently glow. After alerting DD and asking for a replacement they could not offer one because they were having production issues with the housing and were trying to figure out problems. This went on for 7 months until they disclosed they were de-continuing production on the product and offered me a refund.

So sir, perhaps you're dull, and need more coffee because again, suggesting a product that is no longer in production, or support because it had issues to someone on here is an asinine thing to do.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
The line you mentioned is not being quoted in the post. I think that's where some confusion is coming from. I do believe I already disabled the hyprrflash for good measure when I got the car .

I'll double check tonight. I still dont see how if hyperflash was the issue because of the signals being LED, why i would ONLY affect the passenger sides module, ONLY when there are not lights on. Seems like quite a unique scenario.
Hyperflash is not the problem. The OPT7s have the correct internal resistance that hyperflash was never a problem with them. The issue is they dont act properly during the day (without the new additional harness)

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Hyperflash is not the problem. The OPT7s have the correct internal resistance that hyperflash was never a problem with them. The issue is they dont act properly during the day (without the new additional harness)
I totally agree with you on this. After explaining the situation to Opt7 they now are sending me a harness

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The harness will fix the issue. I have not had the erratic flash since I install them on mine. It is just a pain because you have to pull the lamps to install it.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ill support and back up OPT7 and DD both. They both make great products and I have a slew of them from both companies. You basically bashed OPT7s product saying dont get them because theres a slewwww of issues. Then you recommend DD product, again, a product which doesn't exist anymore because they clearly have issues as well. You think they pulled that product from their production because its not having issues? You think recommending that specific product to a consumer is a good idea at this point?

I didn't pull the trigger early on any product, I purchased the DD turn signals back DD back in January 2018. They worked for about 2 months until the one decided to stop lighting up and functioning at all. It had to of been lose wires or soldered connections on the board because when playing with them they would intermittently glow. After alerting DD and asking for a replacement they could not offer one because they were having production issues with the housing and were trying to figure out problems. This went on for 7 months until they disclosed they were de-continuing production on the product and offered me a refund.

So sir, perhaps you're dull, and need more coffee because again, suggesting a product that is no longer in production, or support because it had issues to someone on here is an asinine thing to do.
Yep I will continue to support their product since they are working on a housing issue and are getting a fix. Mine work flawlessly and the product is worth waiting for a fix. Pure and simple. The opt7's are junk and all the stuff on this page proves it. Asinine thing to do is call someone out who is trying to help because you don't agree with them. If you wanna troll go back to a honda board numbnuts. Decaff...will help with your apparent anger issues.

Sorry OP for the derail since someone is apparently butthurt I suggested something. Hope you get the lights you want.

/unsub

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KinJira I don't know what kind of chip you have on you shoulder against Opt7, but Mine have worked perfectly since they sent the harness. I have no leaks and no led that are out. On the other hand I am on my second DD side marker lights. While yes they did replace them no questions asked, the same could be said for OPT7 all I had to do was talk to support and they sent out the harness to fix the issue.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Yep I will continue to support their product since they are working on a housing issue and are getting a fix. Mine work flawlessly and the product is worth waiting for a fix. Pure and simple. The opt7's are junk and all the stuff on this page proves it. Asinine thing to do is call someone out who is trying to help because you don't agree with them. If you wanna troll go back to a honda board numbnuts. Decaff...will help with your apparent anger issues.

Sorry OP for the derail since someone is apparently butthurt I suggested something. Hope you get the lights you want.

/unsub
Unsub??? C'mon were just starting. You proved my point for me about yourself thanks for leaving.

BTW, if anyone needs a recommendation on a TV, make sure you get the same one that is no longer made and has had power issues. Because you know, it's the same one Konjirra ought back in 2002 and his works.
Sponsored