15-17 Front Turn Signal Swap?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Reading what it says at CJPP, it just makes it so the turn signals are on with drl's...when you turn and activate, they fade and go into blink mode. Paraphrasing..."optional wiring harness to use the DRL input wire to connect directly into your OE headlight wiring harness. This means that the upgraded LED turn signals will also have full-time Daytime Running Light functionality--the bright white LEDs will be on like regular running lights, but will dim when the turn signal and the amber LEDs are engaged." So I'm thinking they will do the same for the OPT7's. From OPT7...The OPT7 Mustang Arrow lights function as white DRLs in the following scenarios:
When your headlights are switched on.
When your lights are set to Parking mode.

Which means you have to have your lights on, hence why I'm thinking get the harness so I can have them as drl's as well.
Only thing I would be concern about is how to connect it right. That harness has a purple wire coming out and that connects with the purple wire from their turn signal. If you can figure that out, then it may work with the Opt7 :question:
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I was seriously considering the Opt7 turn signals I didn't know the DRL issue was that big of an issue with them, still considering them though.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I have to look when I get home, but I think I have the vehicle electrical schematics on my PC. A DD schematic of what wires the harness plugs into would be helpful.

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
The OPT7 Mustang Arrow lights function as white DRLs in the following scenarios:
When your headlights are switched on.
When your lights are set to Parking mode.

Which means you have to have your lights on, hence why I'm thinking get the harness so I can have them as drl's as well.
What about if you have it on “auto” and at night when your lights switch on automatically, do the DRLs come on then? Or only in the two scenarios you listed?

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Drl's are always on no matter what you have your lights set too as far as I know, So the Opt7's would only be lit if you had your parking lights on or head lights on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Drl's are always on no matter what you have your lights set too as far as I know, So the Opt7's would only be lit if you had your parking lights on or head lights on.
Sorry man I’m totally not following.. the DRLs are always on no matter what, but they would only be lit if the parking lights or head lights were on? I feel like I might be leaning toward the Diodes.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I think the confusion is in the term drl...when I say drl I mean the three bar, gill looking lights right next to the headlights. I've been talking about the Opt7's acting as drl's...they won't, unless you have the lights on which is why I was wanting to maybe try the DD harness. I need to see if I have the car electrical diagrams (pretty sure I do).

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I think the confusion is in the term drl...when I say drl I mean the three bar, gill looking lights right next to the headlights. I've been talking about the Opt7's acting as drl's...they won't, unless you have the lights on which is why I was wanting to maybe try the DD harness. I need to see if I have the car electrical diagrams (pretty sure I do).
Awesome man I appreciate it. I’m curious to see how that goes for you, keep me posted. I mean, I love the Opt-7s but I also want it to work properly and almost as OEM as the Diodes seem to do (with the harness). The Opt-7s with a coupon code are also significantly less than the Diodes (about $70 excluding the harness). I’m just surprised Opt-7 hasn’t come out with a more straightforward “fix”

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't agree with you more...they should've made a harness to give you the option of having to operate 1. normal as is, and 2. normal but staying on white with the gill drl's lit as well.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have the Opt7s, very happy with them. They look the best in my opinion.

About the DRL issue, etc.... I can speak from experience.

My Opt7s worked normally for the first week or two and were on white as DRLs. For whatever reason after that the white DRLs did not come on and the blinker sequential was scattered during the day. At night they worked fine. This was using the lights in Auto mode, I didn't try manual off or on.

I fixed it by a simple Forscan change that now has them working 100% properly without any additional harness. White DRLs during the day and night, properly working sequential blinker. You also have the option to make the DRL orange if you wanted. If you already have Forscan, it will be a breeze to fix. If not, I would say its better to spend your money on the parts needed for Forscan rather than a harness, since you can further use it for other changes and improvements.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I’m new to this forum and have been trying to get up to speed with mods, etc. I am sad to say I have no idea what Forscan is. But I am kind of getting the idea that the Opt-7s definitely need improving out of the box as is.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
I’m new to this forum and have been trying to get up to speed with mods, etc. I am sad to say I have no idea what Forscan is. But I am kind of getting the idea that the Opt-7s definitely need improving out of the box as is.
I agree, they do need improving. But for me I liked them better than any other options, and I wanted to make Forscan changes anyway, so it was worth it to go with the Opt7s.

Forscan is a program that you can use with our cars to change settings you otherwise wouldn't be able to. You can do things such as disable the annoying double horn honk when you close the door while running, you can change how many blinks the one touch blinkers do, you can remove factory sound processing, change Sync themes, change locking behavior, the list goes on......

These two threads will show you everything about it and what you can do with it. It seems confusing but it's actually really easy.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-codes-s550-mustangs.98260/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ok now this is interesting now that it can be done in FORSCAN. I'm with you @MCF84 I do know what it is but don't have any of the FORSCAN stuff, was going to get it anyways...need that OBDII bluetooth adapter and then download the software. It's what to do after that that I have no knowledge/scared/apprehensive/etc cuz I don't want to brick my car.
@ahl395 could you post up what you did in FORSCAN?
I'll still look at the diagrams tonight.
EDIT: you typed faster than me ahl!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Ok now this is interesting now that it can be done in FORSCAN. I'm with you @MCF84 I do know what it is but don't have any of the FORSCAN stuff, was going to get it anyways...need that OBDII bluetooth adapter and then download the software. It's what to do after that that I have no knowledge/scared/apprehensive/etc cuz I don't want to brick my car.
@ahl395 could you post up what you did in FORSCAN?
I'll still look at the diagrams tonight.
I was concerned about doing it for awhile and was in the same boat as you. Once I actually sat down and did all of it, it was a relief how easy it all was. There is very little chance you can brick your car. Just double check that you are changing the right line and number that is specified in the chart, and that your battery has a good charge. There is really no risk aside from that.

If you look at the spreadsheet in the thread I linked above, Lines 25 and 26 in the spreadsheet are what controls the DRLs. Which is 726-45-01 and 726-50-01 in the BCM in Forscan. I will open up Forscan and look to see what my actual values are this weekend so that you guys will know what to change it to to get them to work properly without playing around with the different options.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Crap, I have the wiring diagrams for the entire car but I don't have the connector and pin outs (I remember I got tired of downloading and when I opened the connectors section it was a crap-ton downloads...eh, maybe I'll pay again and download all the connector to have them).
Speaking of the diagrams, go to my profile and look in my albums for wiring...you're welcome :devil:
Sponsored