15-17 Front Turn Signal Swap?

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Going to upgrade the front turn signals on my ‘16 GT, and have found a few options, just not sure which to choose from.

Option 1: https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-smoked-led-turn-signals-1517.html

Option 2:
http://www.opt-7.com/2015-2017-mustang-led-turn-signals-with-switchback-sequential/

Option 3: leave factory housing and just upgrade factory bulbs to white screen LED.

If there is a better option or manufacturer I’m not aware of please let me know as these are the only ones I’ve found for the 15-17. Other than that, which one should I go with? Trying to consider product quality and look. Feedback appreciated, thanks all!
Sponsored

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I have them for more than half a year and they are great. Check some other shops, there they might still be available. And they are around $200.

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone have any other feedback on the Raxioms or Opt-7s before I make a decision? Really want to make an educated upgrade before I decide. They all 3 seem cool in their own way.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Both look neat and I've gone back and forth on whether I'll do either. I like the design of the Raxiom one a bit more because of the tribar implementation, but the smooth operation of the arrow more.

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I have the OPT7's and love them.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Thanks for the recommendation. The website said unavailable for 6-8 weeks. What do these normally cost? Can anyone attest to these from Diode Dynamics, the Raxioms, or the Opt-7s?
i have the Diodes. Love them. OEM quality and style. I got mines off ebay.

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Done a little research today on the Opt-7s and Diodes. It appears that the Opt-7s don’t use the DRL harness and some people have problems (from what I’ve seen on YouTube). The Diodes do use that DRL harness as opposed to just tucking it away. A little hesitant about the Opt-7s. Can anyone attest to the setup?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Done a little research today on the Opt-7s and Diodes. It appears that the Opt-7s don’t use the DRL harness and some people have problems (from what I’ve seen on YouTube). The Diodes do use that DRL harness as opposed to just tucking it away. A little hesitant about the Opt-7s. Can anyone attest to the setup?
I have the Diode Dynamics and they are great!. You have to buy the extra pigtails for the DRL function if you want it on with the tri-bar DRL. There is also a switch for you to choose from a regular blinking mode, US Spec mode (standard tribar blinking), and EU mode (fast pace smooth action blinking). I had the opt-7, but never installed them and ended up returning them because I could only see half the arrow and lights (I have the Roush bumper).

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I have the Diode Dynamics and they are great!. You have to buy the extra pigtails for the DRL function if you want it on with the tri-bar DRL. There is also a switch for you to choose from a regular blinking mode, US Spec mode (standard tribar blinking), and EU mode (fast pace smooth action blinking). I had the opt-7, but never installed them and ended up returning them because I could only see half the arrow and lights (I have the Roush bumper).
Where do you get these extra pigtails? You would think they’d include them for $220+

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I might just get the above harness to go with my Opt7's that I still need to install...thanks for the link.

OP
OP
MCF84

MCF84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I might just get the above harness to go with my Opt7's that I still need to install...thanks for the link.
Is that Diode Dynamics harness compatible with the Opt-7s?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Reading what it says at CJPP, it just makes it so the turn signals are on with drl's...when you turn and activate, they fade and go into blink mode. Paraphrasing..."optional wiring harness to use the DRL input wire to connect directly into your OE headlight wiring harness. This means that the upgraded LED turn signals will also have full-time Daytime Running Light functionality--the bright white LEDs will be on like regular running lights, but will dim when the turn signal and the amber LEDs are engaged." So I'm thinking they will do the same for the OPT7's. From OPT7...The OPT7 Mustang Arrow lights function as white DRLs in the following scenarios:
When your headlights are switched on.
When your lights are set to Parking mode.

Which means you have to have your lights on, hence why I'm thinking get the harness so I can have them as drl's as well.
Sponsored