Sponsored

15-17 Edlebrock 2650 Stage 1 Supercharger Kit.

Sfixxy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody use this kit yet?If so, what kind of dyno results did you get? What were your mods?
Sponsored

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Edelbrock makes great products. The real question is what is your end goal with the car? I like to help customers make decisions based on long term decisions. Better to spend money doing it right the first time. Feel free to send me a message we can go over what your plans are and point you in the right direction. :sunglasses:

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Depends what you need and where you live. I did the Stage 2 kit that is CA legal.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Epe_79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2, 6.7 Cummins
I have the stage 1 kit, I love it. Currently on 93 making 632 wheel horsepower. On a Brenspeed tune. Too the whipple fan boyz I’ll just say, All super chargers make great power ultimately you need to figure out what your goals are. My goal was to have reliable power with zero ambition to ever build a bottom end and no real desire for much more than I have. It’s a fun street car and if I ever want more I certainly can do that if I choose.

623AF8CF-5AA8-41A8-9336-AD75FD518973.jpeg

OP
OP
Sfixxy

Sfixxy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the stage 1 kit, I love it. Currently on 93 making 632 wheel horsepower. On a Brenspeed tune. Too the whipple fan boyz I’ll just say, All super chargers make great power ultimately you need to figure out what your goals are. My goal was to have reliable power with zero ambition to ever build a bottom end and no real desire for much more than I have. It’s a fun street car and if I ever want more I certainly can do that if I choose.

623AF8CF-5AA8-41A8-9336-AD75FD518973.jpeg
Any supporting mods to reach that number? I watched both videos and he seemed to not be able to get more than 603 to the wheel with a stock 6spd pp car even with his tune.

Epe_79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
My car has long tubes, Opg, Roush exhaust, and that’s it. I have a video to prove the numbers.

OP
OP
Sfixxy

Sfixxy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My car has long tubes, Opg, Roush exhaust, and that’s it. I have a video to prove the numbers.
Cool thats the same set up I have, (brand name) different only. I was actually looking at the brendspeed 740 kit.

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Back when I was looking at which way to go, Edelbrock was heavily on my radar for sure, especially since they included a 'warranty' with theirs, and the other kits you had to pay extra.

Ended up going with another manufacturer's kit. But, there are a lot of Edelbrock cars that run hard as well, however it seems like they fought a lot more issues right out of the box with tuning, shifts and power numbers (which it seems ultimately got resolved).

My experience with Brand B was very good. Car has never seen a tune other than what came in the box/kit with it. I'm running the stage 1 2.9L Kit (750HP), GEN 3 (now discontinued in favor of the newer kits), standard heat exchanger with no upgrades to anything in the kit.

I made 643 at the wheels on 93octane, through the stock cats/stock exhaust and supplied 50 state legal tune. Car drives like stock, and has never had to have the tune touched. Kit has been together for 2 years with no issues other than a set of bad OPG's (see other thread) which made a light 'click' at idle, and a bad throttle body extension harness 1 year in (not required/stock harness will reach so I removed the extension).

I have since went catless and working a custom tune for this season, after Rocky Mountain Race Week is over. Around 9k miles with the blower on, car is just a toy and pretty much only gets raced and put away year round, less the Race Week deal this year.

Lethal Performance was awesome before, during and after the sale to say the least. Great guys and they will not steer you wrong. Wish I had followed their advice and went stage 2 though, just like everyone told me in the beginning. It's never enough! But man it's been a solid setup for so long now, runs hard, the E/T is where I wanted as a goal back when I was browsing setups.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not sure how much or if this is even an issue anymore. I remember reading several posts when the Edlebrock kits came out where guys had to elongate mounting holes and be careful when installing injectors not to get leaks using the provided Edelbrok fuel rails. I’ve had my injectors on my ProCharger setup in/out of the car a few times and I wouldn’t want something that went together that is prone to leaking fuel if not done carefully and by side loading screws to get things lined up. Probably not a big deal for guys who have their work done by shops, but me being a tinkerer, I don’t like extra problems. Do the Edelbrok rails still have the misaligned mounting from the earlier kits?

Epe_79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I had no issues with fuel system mating to the supercharger. I will say the edelbrock customer Service is top notch. Got a question they are more than willing to help

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well..that depends entirely on your goals and budget I guess..
No it doesn’t. Like I said it is not the best option. I did not say not to get it or that it’s the worst. Just not the best option and it’s not

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No it doesn’t. Like I said it is not the best option. I did not say not to get it or that it’s the worst. Just not the best option and it’s not
Can you provide a link to a “better” option that retails for $7k with a 50 state legal tune?
Bear in mind, NEITHER of us know whether a 50 state tune is what the OP wants. We also have no idea what the OP intends to use the car for. Hell, we don’t even know if it’s manual or auto...
Sponsored