Sponsored

15,000 Miles On the R: The Good and the Bad

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I can imagine what that wheel/tire change must be. When I went from stock (non R) to my Vibe wheels and R sized tire, the combined impact from the reduced weight and reduced diameter was quite amazing. Transformed the car.
This is what has stopped me from swapping. I’d want another lightweight wheel. Someone here is running cf’s with regular pilot super sports or whatever they’re called. I wonder how that ride is. I still use the cups. A waste on the street, sure - but also keeps me from putting 1000mi/wk on the thing.. which I would gladly otherwise.
Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
HR606. Xpel on forward facing surfaces, 2 coats CQuartz Professional over entire car - before any miles. Started DD'ing her mid-July 2017. Mounted 6GR's and PS4's at 500 miles. Now with 16,4xx. Swapped the OEM shoes back on for the Shelby Show weekend last month, then took them off. Car is very different with factory wheels + tires. I LOVE DD'ing this car!

Car is now under a cover and on a battery tender for a couple of months while I mend from cervical spinal fusion. :(

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
15K is great! Just clocked 20k this morning. Except for flat tire anxiety, thouroughly enjoyed road tripping this car over the 4th from MD to Indy. Even with wife and 13 yr old daughter. More comfy than predicted. Oh, and fun!

FWIW U.S. 50/33 through WV is a great road!
I had the same anxiety. If you didn't know, Automotive Authority LLC has a spare tire kit for the GT350 that I picked up. It fits under the trunk floor just fine. There is a thread somewhere about it.

Worth getting if you plan on long road trips or you frequently drive a ways from civilization. :thumbsup:
Sponsored