enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
All my windows are tinted, including the windshield. There is a huge difference between "filtering out" a percentage of heat vs: physically blocking/ reflecting virtually all of it. I precool my car in the morning with the a/c and at the end of the day I can still feel it. The Cool Cap is somewhat cumbersome to put on and off but I've gotten it down to a routine.
For only $50 its not a bad deal.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Have you done any of those rallies? Looks pretty neat, even the offroad one makes a stop at hot springs ORV.

If i had the means to get an R8, and maintain it, i would have to try it. I’ve loved that car since Ironman came out. Unfortunately, like you i found out depending on the dealer to fix things is a no-go...and i can’t imagine dad and i working on an R8 in the shop here lol.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Have you done any of those rallies? Looks pretty neat, even the offroad one makes a stop at hot springs ORV.

If i had the means to get an R8, and maintain it, i would have to try it. I’ve loved that car since Ironman came out. Unfortunately, like you i found out depending on the dealer to fix things is a no-go...and i can’t imagine dad and i working on an R8 in the shop here lol.
I did on my old 350 about a month after I got it. It was 3 days, 1,000 miles, and the best experience of my life and I'm not just saying that because the owner is my friend. The hotels we stayed in were top notch and getting to do a standing mile on a runway was amazing! We hit 158 before having to shut it down. We went to a car museum, were going to stop at the soda fountain in mountain view I think its called but the cops shut that down before we got to town lol. Its so much fun man. I think it's something everyone should do.

I talked to the Audi dealer and R8 maintenance is not as bad as you'd think. Yeah CC brakes are expensive but other than that it's not unreasonable.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Enzo, you have a beautiful car. I have been part of your story since your first 350 and feel like internet family.

It appears you and I have the same tires. I call the Hankooks my “street” tires as they are good for all-around duties, but the 350R is so dialed in from the factory with such good handling characteristics that I can feel the squishyness of the sidewalls. I’ve had them to 145mph and the response vs the SC2 is significantly different, so much so that I refuse to attain those speeds again without the stock, or better setup.

I have Air-80 all around. The tint is 80% and it reduces heat and protects the interior. It still let’s in a lot of light for track visibility.

Lastly, you’ve been one of the guys here that has endured goods and bads with the 350’s. You have handled that in stride and exemplary. I appreciate the gentlemaness of your experience.

Sponsored

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
15K is great! Just clocked 20k this morning. Except for flat tire anxiety, thouroughly enjoyed road tripping this car over the 4th from MD to Indy. Even with wife and 13 yr old daughter. More comfy than predicted. Oh, and fun!

FWIW U.S. 50/33 through WV is a great road!

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Enzo, you have a beautiful car. I have been part of your story since your first 350 and feel like internet family.

It appears you and I have the same tires. I call the Hankooks my “street” tires as they are good for all-around duties, but the 350R is so dialed in from the factory with such good handling characteristics that I can feel the squishyness of the sidewalls. I’ve had them to 145mph and the response vs the SC2 is significantly different, so much so that I refuse to attain those speeds again without the stock, or better setup.

I have Air-80 all around. The tint is 80% and it reduces heat and protects the interior. It still let’s in a lot of light for track visibility.

Lastly, you’ve been one of the guys here that has endured goods and bads with the 350’s. You have handled that in stride and exemplary. I appreciate the gentlemaness of your experience.
Thank you for the kind words! I followed your endeavor with your R as well and was so happy to see you finally get one.

I've only been up to 125 and shut it down. The Hankooks really are great tires but after about 120 it starts to get really sketchy. Actually I looked at the Hankooks because of what you wrote about them. I'm not a professional driver by any means but I can feel how squishy the sidewalls are compared to the cup 2s like you said. It's hard to appreciate a tire after having the cup 2s on for a couple months. I don't miss the rocks they picked up thats for sure.

Do you have tint on the front? A few friends in law enforcement here have said that they don't care about tint unless its on a known law breakers car or any suspicious vehicle so I'm not so worried about it.

Lol I took a page out of [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] playbook. Always thought of him as an upstanding member on this forum.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
At the end of September I finally bought a new 2017 350R. I've been daily driving it since. Yesterday I surpassed 15,000 miles, had 12 miles on it. Here's a list of the good and the bad along the way.

After 3,000 miles I put a set of 6grs and Hankook Ventus v12s on to make daily driving a bit more livable.

We'll start with the bad:

Rear bumper has begun to sag. There's a decent gap separating it and the clips have become visible.

There's an annoying creaking sound coming from the right rear wheel area whenever I take an incline slowly and at an angle.

The right rear wheel area squeaks randomly when driving. Usually after I hit small imperfections in the road.

Sync 3 glitches out sometimes and can't find maps or my phone.

I keep getting pulled over for small speeding violations. No tickets yet (knock on wood)

The famous oil consumption thing has affected my car. After seeing it was bone dry I check it every 1,000 miles and add a quart or two.

The airbag on the passenger side creaks but that may be due to the heat from the the car sitting outside in 100+ temps while at work.

I had the Diode Dynamic Sequential front signals installed by my dealer because I don't have a lift or trust myself to take the splitter off to install them. I tried to go in through the wheel well but the coolers got in the way. Dropped the car off and told them there is a video on how to properly install the splitter back. (They don't get many GT350s in) I get the car back and the splitter is all kinds of messed up. Theres a gap all the way around and the middle was attached underneath the clips. I told them and he said that was the best they could do. Took it to [MENTION=17943]MAV[/MENTION] and he was kind enough to take it off and reinstall it. They must have lost one of the screws because they added one that was way too big. The middle two clips were ripped and the a plastic piece that goes above the front bumper lip was sticking out below it. I have since taken the pictures my girlfriend took and am awaiting the service manager to order me a new splitter at no cost to me.

Now the good:

Everything else.

It's a hell of a daily driver.

The Hankooks while not being great performance tires are lasting much longer than I thought.

The front was wrapped a week after i got it so there are no chips, that i found.

I contemplate trading it in once a week for something else. GT3. R8 RWS, McLaren 570s/GT but can't bring myself to do it. It's a really epic car.

Thanks for reading.

Some pics:
Nice cars, Never get rid of a Shelby.:ford:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Garrett,

Your car rocks!!! 15K hell yeah!!!!! My cars has seen Talladega, Sebring, Barber and more to come. Currently about to bust 10k. I dont know how you guys even drive the car on anything other than the CF wheels and the SC2's. I understand why I just can't. I tired but the car is just not the same.
Wishing you continued fun in that amazing sport car regardless of it's short comings. :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yes, my front is tinted. Since it’s 80% all around it’s near impossible to tell.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Garrett,

Your car rocks!!! 15K hell yeah!!!!! My cars has seen Talladega, Sebring, Barber and more to come. Currently about to bust 10k. I dont know how you guys even drive the car on anything other than the CF wheels and the SC2's. I understand why I just can't. I tired but the car is just not the same.
Wishing you continued fun in that amazing sport car regardless of it's short comings. :cheers:
Thanks man! It's a tough life not being able to have the carbons and cup 2s on the car. I know you all feel so sorry for me lol. Once I buy a truck the R will go back to what it used to be. Real set of tires and wheel and maybe a couple other things. Make Shelby Great Again!

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
I dont know how you guys even drive the car on anything other than the CF wheels and the SC2's. I understand what I just can't. I tired but the car is just not the same.
You are 100% correct. If you swap the cf wheels for normal ones it's a very similar but different car, called GT350 non-R :D

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I can imagine what that wheel/tire change must be. When I went from stock (non R) to my Vibe wheels and R sized tire, the combined impact from the reduced weight and reduced diameter was quite amazing. Transformed the car.
Sponsored