You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I received my 1320 Junkie WD152 CAI (Ford Performance Blue) today, and wanted to make a "how to" for anyone interested.

Let me start by saying this kit is absolutely beautiful. The quality is top notch, and it's performance has been proven on the dyno, by many customers. After seeing the results posted, I knew this was the intake for me. That, and the fact that it can be customized with paint to match, or CF wrapped intake tube.

1.JPG

You will need the following tools:

Ratchet
7mm socket
8mm socket
10mm socket
Clip removal tool

I also used some assembly lube to assist getting the intake tube into the rubber elbow, and getting the IAT sensor into the grommet.

2.JPG

You can do the following in any order that works best for you, but here is how I went about removing the stock setup.

Unwrap the taped connection on the drivers side PCV tube, and unplug the sensor. You will be able to re-wrap the connection again after plugging it it.

3.JPG

Using a ratchet, and 7mm socket, remove loses the clamp holding the stock intake tube to the throttle body.

4.jpg

Using the clip removal tool, or something similar, release the rubber vacuum line from the intake tube.

5.jpg

Remove the IAT wiring g=harness, and the coolant line on the back side of the intake tube form the studs bu pulling up on the clips.

6.jpg

Release the PCV time by releasing the blue plastic tab while pulling the tube away from the intake tube.

7.jpg

Release the other end of the PVV tube from the drivers side cam cover. You may need a pick, or small flat head screwdriver to release the tab, as its hard to get your finger tip on.

8.jpg

Remove the 10mm bolt holding the air box to the fender well. Now you can remove the stock air box and intake tube assembly as one complete unit.

9.jpg

Remove the stock IAT sensor from the stock intake tube by turning it counter clockwise and set it aside for installation into the 1320 Junkie tube.

10.JPG

Remove the stock air intake snout form the stock air box by popping it off the 3 tabs.

12.JPG

13.JPG

Take this time to wire tie the IAT harness to the coolant line because the new location will be on the underside of the 1320 Junkie tube.

11.jpg

I took advantage of this time to use a wire tie to secure the coolant line from the SC coolant tank to the brake line up against the side of the engine compartment. It was in the stock supplied clip that holds it to the radiator hose, but it is not a great design, and others have reported it falling out and rubbing on the alternator pulley.

14.jpg

Now start assembling the 1320 Junkie CAI by installing the stock TB adaptor into the appropriate end of the massive 6" ID elbow. This can be removed to accommodate a larger TB in the future, if need be.

15.jpg

Use your finger to apply a little lube to the rubber grommet on the 1320 Junkie intake tube, and insert the stock IAT sensor until it bottoms out. You can apply pressure to the grommet from the inside of the intake tube to prevent the grommet from popping out while pushing the IAT into place. Lube of some kind is the key to a successful instal of the sensor. Turn it so it faces perpendicular to the air flow.

16.jpg

17.jpg

You can either purchase an already modified PCV tube, or modify yours. I decided to get the already modified tube, so I could see the stock one for the possibility of returning it to stock some day. Here is a comparison photo of the two tubes. I have also included 1320 Junkie's modification video incase you decide to go that route.

18.JPG

You have an option of getting a blue, black, red, or white air filter (red picture coming soon).

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

This phot shows why you will want to run the IAT harness to this location. It also shows the IAT sensor perpendicular to the air flow.

22.JPG

You will now use the 8mm socket to secure the 1320 Junkie elbow to the TB, and the filter to the intake tube.

Black and blue installed

23.JPG

24.JPG

Don't forget to place the stock intake snout back in place

25.JPG

I chose to use the white filter for now (also a sneak peak of my next install post, haha).

26.jpg

27.JPG

28.JPG

29.jpg

I have heard that a heat shield is coming soon for this CAI, I will keep my ears open, and when it’s released I will update this thread with the addition of heat shield installation.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Well done Jamie. Is this the only mod for Hp gain you have done so far? No tune? What is the Hp gain expected from the new intake?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Did this require a tune?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well done Jamie. Is this the only mod for Hp gain you have done so far? No tune? What is the Hp gain expected from the new intake?
Thanks Andy. Yes, this is my first performance install. This intake has seen 40 RWHP on a tune with other mods, like cat delete and such. I can’t say what it will do with no tune, or supporting mods. I noticed today on my test drive that I can hear more SC whine, and I like that. My butt dyno can feel a better throttle response, and what feels like more power. I am extremely happy with this setup.

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Great write up, I to am rocking the 1320 paint to match intake. I also added the VMP 105mm TB for a bit more air flow.. I have 1 data vid to share regarding is a heat shield needed?
0.jpg

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great write up, I to am rocking the 1320 paint to match intake. I also added the VMP 105mm TB for a bit more air flow.. I have 1 data vid to share regarding is a heat shield needed?
0.jpg
Very nice! No, the heat shield is not “needed’ but some, self included, want one.

Does the TB require a tune? I am not presently interested in tuning. I am sure I will in the future.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Very nice! No, the heat shield is not “needed’ but some, self included, want one.

Does the TB require a tune? I am not presently interested in tuning. I am sure I will in the future.
Yes that does need a tune. But with this combo, the 3” race pipes and res delete palm beach dyno tuned it’s a whole different beast. Easily 100whp over stock on 93 pump

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that does need a tune. But with this combo, the 3” race pipes and res delete palm beach dyno tuned it’s a whole different beast. Easily 100whp over stock on 93 pump
I’m sure. Someday when I’m comfortable tuning, I will definitely use PBD and get more supporting mods.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Nice write up @Jmeo !!

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thanks Andy. Yes, this is my first performance install. This intake has seen 40 RWHP on a tune with other mods, like cat delete and such. I can’t say what it will do with no tune, or supporting mods. I noticed today on my test drive that I can hear more SC whine, and I like that. My butt dyno can feel a better throttle response, and what feels like more power. I am extremely happy with this setup.
Smart man. I learned early on, more air is just better. This shows in the testing that was done. Less bends in air flow, is preffered, That shows in the testing that was done. Im eager to see the "boxed" versions of both, as I already know whats going to happen.

The side benefit of a custom looking piece, and the added S/C whine is incredible. I have data now, but done on a loaded dyno in worst case conditions, so it would just draw more snakeoil claims. Ill wait until all 4 comparable pieces are ready, and share details, whataver they may be.. even though facts are facts :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: Is 1320 ONLY on Fakebook? If not, I sure couldn't find a site which surprised me so if you have a link, that would be great.[/QU
I'll text you buddy
Sponsored