12 psi on 93 on gen 2 coyote

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Looking to put in a 12 psi spring in my wastegate on my beefcake torque booster, but wanted to get some opinions here. Looks like the guys who run a 3.6 pulley on their paxton 2200sl are seeing about 12 psi @ around 7500 rpms. They are only seeing it right before shift, so curious to if it would be ok holding to for 1k rpms or so? I currently have a 3.48 pulley, but was also thinking of going down to a 3.33 pulley, but it looks like it will be over spun a bit @ 7.5k. Is this something that people do commonly? Thanks!
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If your octane is enough, and your timing isn’t too high, sure you can do it. Just datalog and check...... The info is right there for you to look at.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Thanks for the reply. Just looking to see if this was something that most were doing with the torque booster or if they were leaving it at 10psi.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
It will depend massively on how much timing is commanded in the tune, but generally 12psi is safe on 93 octane. Knock sensors will pull timing accordingly if your 93 isn't the best. Just don't try to run more than 12 or less than 93 and the knock sensors will keep your motor safe.

i overspin my Procharger by 2-3k rpms. Just don't go crazy. It will cause more stress on the gearbox and generally just make alot more heat. I would stay on the correct pulley and just rev a little higher if you have a RPM friendly intake manifold.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It will depend massively on how much timing is commanded in the tune, but generally 12psi is safe on 93 octane. Knock sensors will pull timing accordingly if your 93 isn't the best. Just don't try to run more than 12 or less than 93 and the knock sensors will keep your motor safe.

i overspin my Procharger by 2-3k rpms. Just don't go crazy. It will cause more stress on the gearbox and generally just make alot more heat. I would stay on the correct pulley and just rev a little higher if you have a RPM friendly intake manifold.
OK cool. I DD the car and figure the bigger pulley will be better for low end day to day. I have an 18 manifold on my '15 however I rarely Rev it out. I just want to make sure that the blower can take being over spin a bit, and 12 psi won't hurt the motor. I think the gas we got here is pretty good so I think that will be ok. I do have a 3.6 pulley though, I may put that on and see how it does without the torque booster and the 3.47.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
OK cool. I DD the car and figure the bigger pulley will be better for low end day to day. I have an 18 manifold on my '15 however I rarely Rev it out. I just want to make sure that the blower can take being over spin a bit, and 12 psi won't hurt the motor. I think the gas we got here is pretty good so I think that will be ok. I do have a 3.6 pulley though, I may put that on and see how it does without the torque booster and the 3.47.
You'd gain more by using the correct pulley to rev to 8k without overspinning the blower IMO

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your going to wastegate to 12psi, then ideally you want a 15-18 psi pulley, the point of a wastegate is to spin it more, and bleed boost up top. if your going for 12psi, then i'd probably just run a 12psi pulley without the gate
Sponsored