Sponsored

$12.95 first mod on 2021 after 1 time driving

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
As the title suggests - this is going to be a very deep and compelling post...

I have driven my car one time since delivery - and that was home from delivery... now it's STILL snowing and MORE salt going down... but I have my first offical mod already...

Our driveway is a little over a 1/3 mile long and gravel. So first thing I noticed when coming home was - the DCT, as the manual says and as other DCT's I have driven - does NOT LIKE the slow idle creep required to go up our driveway... ohh well... such is life... It shouldn't hurt anything - it's just not a "smooth" ride - but I'll deal with a smile :)

Car is MUCH BIGGER in the garage than the C7 was. And I love the front of these cars. I always thought the nose on a C7 looked a little like an asthmatic kid in regards to the grille shape. The whole car was sexy AF with the hard lines and angles - but the actual nose / shape of the grille was too soft and rounded, like old cat fish camaro. They fixed that, IMHO with the ZR1, but whatever. The nose end of this thing looks aggressive and angry AF - like it wants to eat a smaller car... love it.

Back to the mod...

After I got out of the car in the garage and looked down...
IMG_0759.JPG

Half the driveway rode in with me.

So - I ordered up a set of these nice little rock blockers from JLT... directly - as their shipping for like 3 ounces of foam was $0... and the fine folks at Lethal wanted a crack head $23 in shipping on top of the product price...

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-rock-blockers-2020-2021-gt500/

Installation is as simple as pulling back a little on the plastic and sliding the block in there. I did clean the painted surface off nice before hand - but nothing to it for installing - and no pathway for the rocks to migrate en masse to the side splitters for free rides.
100% will remove for the track - and since you don't have to fasten them - you can also pop out when you go to cars and coffee, cruise ins, car shows, like whatever "your thing" with the car is - if you want to show it off native style. But they really do seem like they will solve the issue shown above.

For a pair of laser cut foam block - it's pretty exciting! Like what-else am I gonna do while it's snowing...

(I also bought a new 9 gallon shop vac from Harbor Freight that I used to clean these off... mostly because the one in the garage died and I was too scared to "wipe" them off and too cold to go into the barn and get the one that lives in there - but man - for the price - that thing from HF really sucks up the dirt!)
Sponsored

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the JLT rockblockers are good. Some of us have moved to the Jaeger Bro's Rock gaurds for more protection..
I have seen those and just can not personally accept the giant "clip" that shows, but that's why there are options - everyone wins!

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
I went the JLT route too. Took them out at the track as I didn't want them falling out but couldn't imagine they would. Also thinking (well wanting to believe) that the skirts helped with down force (please let me believe this).

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
I went the JLT route too. Took them out at the track as I didn't want them falling out but couldn't imagine they would. Also thinking (well wanting to believe) that the skirts helped with down force (please let me believe this).
I have both the JLT and Jaeger bros. I was surprised how tight the JLT was. I'm sure the skirts provide all the down force you need.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
As the title suggests - this is going to be a very deep and compelling post...

I have driven my car one time since delivery - and that was home from delivery... now it's STILL snowing and MORE salt going down... but I have my first offical mod already...

Our driveway is a little over a 1/3 mile long and gravel. So first thing I noticed when coming home was - the DCT, as the manual says and as other DCT's I have driven - does NOT LIKE the slow idle creep required to go up our driveway... ohh well... such is life... It shouldn't hurt anything - it's just not a "smooth" ride - but I'll deal with a smile :)

Car is MUCH BIGGER in the garage than the C7 was. And I love the front of these cars. I always thought the nose on a C7 looked a little like an asthmatic kid in regards to the grille shape. The whole car was sexy AF with the hard lines and angles - but the actual nose / shape of the grille was too soft and rounded, like old cat fish camaro. They fixed that, IMHO with the ZR1, but whatever. The nose end of this thing looks aggressive and angry AF - like it wants to eat a smaller car... love it.

Back to the mod...

After I got out of the car in the garage and looked down...
IMG_0759.JPG

Half the driveway rode in with me.

So - I ordered up a set of these nice little rock blockers from JLT... directly - as their shipping for like 3 ounces of foam was $0... and the fine folks at Lethal wanted a crack head $23 in shipping on top of the product price...

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-rock-blockers-2020-2021-gt500/

Installation is as simple as pulling back a little on the plastic and sliding the block in there. I did clean the painted surface off nice before hand - but nothing to it for installing - and no pathway for the rocks to migrate en masse to the side splitters for free rides.
100% will remove for the track - and since you don't have to fasten them - you can also pop out when you go to cars and coffee, cruise ins, car shows, like whatever "your thing" with the car is - if you want to show it off native style. But they really do seem like they will solve the issue shown above.

For a pair of laser cut foam block - it's pretty exciting! Like what-else am I gonna do while it's snowing...

(I also bought a new 9 gallon shop vac from Harbor Freight that I used to clean these off... mostly because the one in the garage died and I was too scared to "wipe" them off and too cold to go into the barn and get the one that lives in there - but man - for the price - that thing from HF really sucks up the dirt!)

I see you took my advice, did it even drive straight with all that snow and ice. LOL

I bet that was fun!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I have seen those and just can not personally accept the giant "clip" that shows, but that's why there are options - everyone wins!
I have both and believe it or not, I still get crap in that area, not as much but it still shows up. I think there is a lot of turbulence in that a area and things start swirling around and end up in the catch basin. And I don't travel on any gravel roads.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Killing my aero bro!!! JK. I live with the constant debris on the aero bits.
But then again I put zero PPF on the car and I drive the hell out of it. Got a few chips on the hood from track days and will have many more. Just nature of the beast for me.
I do love the mod market for our cars although I choose not to take advantage of it unless it helps with performance.

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Killing my aero bro!!! JK. I live with the constant debris on the aero bits.
But then again I put zero PPF on the car and I drive the hell out of it. Got a few chips on the hood from track days and will have many more. Just nature of the beast for me.
I do love the mod market for our cars although I choose not to take advantage of it unless it helps with performance.
I’m kinda with you in terms of what mods I do or pass on... but given every time I drive the car I have an up and down trip on the driveway - some dirty bits I can deal with... that much gravel exceeded my coping limits... and I also don’t want to buy stone every year!

@Snoopy49 - I figure there’s always gonna be something down there given it’s so close to the road and wheel - had the same sort of grime on the splitters on my C7

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
ive had them in since day 8 or so, they keep 95%+ of stuff out, and have never lost one in all the high speed driving ive done
Sponsored