Sponsored

10R80 Owners - ULTIMATE M6G 10R80 Facts + Resolutions to harsh or no shift conditions

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I'm writing up another description of my cars problems. This is more of a survey for my reference and description for the dealer. While I KNOW what the answers should be, I really need outside opinions. Every question below is happening to me. Ford has "retooled" / reworked my valve body with only minor improvements in my problems.

Your response may be shared with my local dealer - if you don't mind.

In normal drive mode:

Is it normal for the transmission to do a harsh downshift between 10-5mph while coming to a stop? *Harsh as in, getting kicked in the back of your seat, or running over a high speed bump type of harsh. At nearly every single stop?

Is it normal for the transmission to downshift while slowing down at higher speed and feel the car lunge forward?

Is it normal for the transmission to make a high pitched hissing sound?

Is it normal for the transmission to make a "DINK" or "TICK" sound when getting on/off throttle?

Is it normal for the transmission to "rev hang" when accelerating then abruptly letting off the throttle? Not changing into a high gear or slowing the revs down?

In Sport/Sport+ mode:
(in addition to all of the things above):

Is it normal for the transmission to feel like its locking up the rear wheels under deceleration?
With a pulsing/grabbing feeling (IT IS NOT ABS)

I am beyond fed up with this car. I may lemon law it or trade it in. But I want it fixed. I have only ever owned Mustangs and there really is no other car I am interested in.
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sirben711,

Demand a new valve body and verify if there is a TSB with a software update.

You mainly have a valve body issue.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has the high pitch whine and I have had the valve body replaced in Dec. I am going to take it back in in a few weeks to have it check.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I'm writing up another description of my cars problems. This is more of a survey for my reference and description for the dealer. While I KNOW what the answers should be, I really need outside opinions. Every question below is happening to me. Ford has "retooled" / reworked my valve body with only minor improvements in my problems.

In normal drive mode:

Is it normal for the transmission to do a harsh downshift between 10-5mph while coming to a stop? *Harsh as in, getting kicked in the back of your seat, or running over a high speed bump type of harsh. At nearly every single stop?

Is it normal for the transmission to downshift while slowing down at higher speed and feel the car lunge forward?

Is it normal for the transmission to make a "DINK" or "TICK" sound when getting on/off throttle?

Is it normal for the transmission to "rev hang" when accelerating then abruptly letting off the throttle? Not changing into a high gear or slowing the revs down?

In Sport/Sport+ mode:

Is it normal for the transmission to feel like its locking up the rear wheels under deceleration?

I am beyond fed up with this car. I may lemon law it or trade it in. But I want it fixed. I have only ever owned Mustangs and there really is no other car I am interested in.
No to all of the above.

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Mine has the high pitch whine and I have had the valve body replaced in Dec. I am going to take it back in in a few weeks to have it check.
How long did it take the mechanic to change the valve body? Is it an all day job or two-day job?
Thanks!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They had the car for over a month. The valve body was on back order and sence They already started working on it They had to keep it. So you may want to make sure they have parts in stck before they start

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
They had the car for over a month. The valve body was on back order and sence They already started working on it They had to keep it. So you may want to make sure they have parts in stck before they start
That's the worry with mine. I hope I can keep my car until they get the part. Hoping that they just order the part and let me keep my car till its available.

Still waiting to hear back from them..

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They did tell me that if I needed the car they can put it back togather. But I gave them permission to just leave it apart. I am fortunate that the mustang is my fun car. Just talk to the dealership.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

In normal drive mode:

In Sport/Sport+ mode:

No to all of the above. In normal mode you should have no harsh downshifting at all.
No hissing noises.
Your car has serious problems.
Good luck man, sounds like your dealership sucks!

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
The bypass parts are done. I'll pick them up monday.
I made 10.pieces.
It costed me 1hr of labour time of fabricator (150$)

They are all machined to witching .005 and deburred so they don't gall or scuff inside the transmission.

Plus material and shipment.

I would say 20-30$ final price. (Depending of shipment cost)

Again. Full disclosure on pricing. Just helping out community.

IMG_20220708_163912.jpg

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
According to my dealer, I am going to have to leave my car again, so they can test it out, replicate the problem (fine, whatever, this is just a pointless exercise at this point) they said that because there are no codes present they would have to open a case with Ford and get approval to do more.

Beyond frustrated. I just want a stupid transmission that works. I am sick of jumping though hoops.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
After having my 2021 for about a month, here is what I think so far:

• Normal shifts are pretty nice, but the downshift delay and lugging over getting into too high a gear soon can be annoying. For just general driving it's okay, and MPG is pretty good.
  • Sport+ def doesn't lug and always has more go ready faster than normal. MPG is worse, and the upshifts can be quite hard at times as well as staying in RPMs longer than needed, but I get that is a result of the program.

I honestly wish there was an in-between. I am installing the Ford Performance CAI, TB, and tune this weekend. So between the battery being disconnected for a couple of hours, and a new tune, I will be curious to see how the modes act after.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
After having my 2021 for about a month, here is what I think so far:

• Normal shifts are pretty nice, but the downshift delay and lugging over getting into too high a gear soon can be annoying. For just general driving it's okay, and MPG is pretty good.
  • Sport+ def doesn't lug and always has more go ready faster than normal. MPG is worse, and the upshifts can be quite hard at times as well as staying in RPMs longer than needed, but I get that is a result of the program.

I honestly wish there was an in-between. I am installing the Ford Performance CAI, TB, and tune this weekend. So between the battery being disconnected for a couple of hours, and a new tune, I will be curious to see how the modes act after.
What do you mean by delayed downshift?

The programing isn't the best and would love a mode in between Normal and Sport +
Sponsored