Sponsored

10R80 Owners - ULTIMATE M6G 10R80 Facts + Resolutions to harsh or no shift conditions

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Joined today. 1st post. References butt sniffing in a thread about transmissions. This guy is gonna fit right in here :crackup:
Frustration definitely takes you in a wild ride thats for sure lol specially when ford never really helps (probably revenue tactic to get you buying another car)
Sponsored

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Just for shits and giggles I went with the E85R tune yesterday and checked for my mpg and of course this is only driving like a grandma but nowhere near the poor mpgā€™s I had prior.
3D27EFE0-B978-4148-A12D-654B9E44C772.jpeg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Joined today. 1st post. References butt sniffing in a thread about transmissions. This guy is gonna fit right in here :crackup:
Yeah, another sissy auto guy. Now we just need to teach him how to use paragraphs. :giggle:

Kidding, of course. Welcome Ricardo! šŸ‘

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The "wall of text/run-on sentence/what is punctuation" crew has a new member.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
I only read the first few lines, then skimmed through to the part about butt-sniffing :cwl:
I use the browser find-in-page function to look for butt-sniffing in every post. If I don't see it I move on. šŸ™ƒ

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Are you sure your car is a GT?
Last time I checked it is šŸ¤£ this is probably the first time I see this great of mpgā€™s to be honest iā€™m amazed how much its changed to the better let alone it just feels like when I bought it just all the added goodies from the tunes šŸ‘Œ tire size/axle ratio changes without pcm value changes does throw off a lot of things like mpgā€™s driveability and well a few white hairs at age 33 for sure. Before I never left the realm of 14mpgā€™s on e85 and around 18 on 93 tune.

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
I'm trying to figure out how you hit 30 mpg with any tune/fuel.
It seems tuning (hacks donā€™t really change tire size or axle ratios properly) so I changed them in fords ASBuilt coding and bam both ABS and output shaft speed sensors read the same speed = now digital and analog speedos read exactly the same. Thats the main reason I found why when making one or the other or both of those mods in the car it wonā€™t essentially show performance or even lower it along with mpgā€™s (also driving like a grandma when I took the pic lol iā€™m sure spirited driving regularly will be lower to mid 20ā€™s but not 14 like I used to get on e85) pretty happy with the results and its buttery smooth all the way up to 160mph, shifts are on point feeling like stock no hick ups it almost feels like that youtube video of the 4.09ā€™s in the 10r80 just a but more top end since its a 3.73 which is also the amount I felt from the 3.55. Pretty interesting stuff.

4sdvenom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Do you have an ā€œinstant ā€œ mpg you can switch to? Pretty sure the average mpg is based on how many miles youā€™ve driven and the hours/minutes on the drive time clock since you last reset the trip odometer. At least thatā€™s how my girlfriends 2015 A6 is. Herā€™s is a v6 and the best mpg Iā€™ve ever been able to pull stock was around 26-28 average and that was leaving it in D and driving like a grandma.
Edit: typing this as you posted above me

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Do you have an ā€œinstant ā€œ mpg you can switch to? Pretty sure the average mpg is based on how many miles youā€™ve driven and the hours/minutes on the drive time clock since you last reset the trip odometer. At least thatā€™s how my girlfriends 2015 A6 is. Herā€™s is a v6 and the best mpg Iā€™ve ever been able to pull stock was around 26-28 average and that was leaving it in D and driving like a grandma.
Edit: typing this as you posted above me
Iā€™m sure itā€™ll eventually change I was on 91 when I reset it before a 2 hour trip so mostly hwy driving and went e85 yesterday morning which is why I expect it to be lower 20s in a few days but essentially not lower than 20 unless I stick to just racing.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
I'm trying to figure out how you hit 30 mpg with any tune/fuel.
Easy! Fill up the gas tank. Reset the Fuel Economy screen. Drive one block and take a photo of the screen, Voila! 30 MPG ;)

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Easy! Fill up the gas tank. Reset the Fuel Economy screen. Drive one block and take a photo of the screen, Voila! 30 MPG ;)
True but it would be lower than 30 if I did that, but this was partly 91 tune mpgs pic taken same day after a few hours on e85. Having no restriction in exhaust does up your mpgs from stock unless spirited driving takes place as it will require more fuel up top.

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Coast downhill...99 MPG!
I did that once in a mountain cruise downhill it took a while to come down from 50ā€™s downhill šŸ¤£ reason why I mentioned something wasnā€™t right between pcm coding and what tuning does to change them.

saiyangt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey there guys. Unfortunately my issues have come back. I've noticed a few other issues, perhaps one of you can lend some insight - It'd be very much appreciated.

- I've noticed a burning smell under WOT pulls. Not a rubber smell, more like a plastic burning smell. The burning is not every time, maybe 1/4 pulls.

- When I am stationary and in S mode with manual gear select, if I shift from 1 to 2 I hear a creaking/grinding noise. Going from 2 to 1 sounds normal.

- When using the paddles most downshifts are normal, but my 3 to 2 is HARSH, car bucks like crazy. 2 to 1 is a little rough but not as bad as 3 to 2. It honestly feels like someone new to driving stick that can't heel-toe properly. It's embarrassing with a passenger on board.

- My acceleration issue whereby the car accelerates on it's own from the 1-2 or 1-3 shift when cold hasn't gone away.

- My car has the aforementioned issue with clunky shifts when coming to a stop

Throughout all these issues it appears that the one common denominator is second gear.
Thinking about it - The car almost always has to pass by second gear when coming to a stop.

Any thoughts? Car's going to my dealer on Thursday.
Valve body? Clutch issue?

Rickloreto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricardo
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10 mustang gt
Hey there guys. Unfortunately my issues have come back. I've noticed a few other issues, perhaps one of you can lend some insight - It'd be very much appreciated.

- I've noticed a burning smell under WOT pulls. Not a rubber smell, more like a plastic burning smell. The burning is not every time, maybe 1/4 pulls.

- When I am stationary and in S mode with manual gear select, if I shift from 1 to 2 I hear a creaking/grinding noise. Going from 2 to 1 sounds normal.

- When using the paddles most downshifts are normal, but my 3 to 2 is HARSH, car bucks like crazy. 2 to 1 is a little rough but not as bad as 3 to 2. It honestly feels like someone new to driving stick that can't heel-toe properly. It's embarrassing with a passenger on board.

- My acceleration issue whereby the car accelerates on it's own from the 1-2 or 1-3 shift when cold hasn't gone away.

- My car has the aforementioned issue with clunky shifts when coming to a stop

Throughout all these issues it appears that the one common denominator is second gear.
Thinking about it - The car almost always has to pass by second gear when coming to a stop.

Any thoughts? Car's going to my dealer on Thursday.
Valve body? Clutch issue?
All my issues were very similar to yours and got corrected by forscan, every time you ro a tire size or gear ratio change it will cause issues since the shift schedules are based off rpm/speed between both abs/outputshft sensor most commonly off roll out in the tire size. Unless these arenā€™t things youā€™ve done to the car meaning other than stock size tires you will have to change the coding with forscan. So basically youā€™d change the coding for the change and trigger pcm relearn to get rid of the P-160A DTC and also wouldnā€™t hurt to reset the adaptive learning tables or just turn that off so it doesnā€™t start shifting harder with time as it learns your driving. I believe its about $60 for the chord and you get a 2 month license for free. Thats how mine got rid of the issues you mentioned and got back all the power (basically the no power felt weird stuff in shifting is the car pulling spark and no torque is how I can explain what mine felt like)
Sponsored