Sponsored

10R80: jerky when coming to a stop in manual shifting mode

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I have the same problem sycd, I like to drive in sport+ with paddles. I have found it easier to let the car downshift itself once I get down to 3rd gear coming to a stoplight.
It is jerky almost every time and it annoys the shit out of me.
When in D and sport+ it downshifts fine when coming to a normal stop.
I have 5500miles on mine and it's done it from day 1.
Also when in D and Spot+ (no paddles) in traffic jam, when I try to cut over to another lane turning hard and gas it, it will lose power on me, leaving me a sitting duck when trying to not cutoff another car... wtf
A10 is definitely a jerky trans in the Mach 1 and I am kinda regretting my decision to buy it.
Do you think there’s any tuning options that change the characteristics of how it shifts? I’m sure a lot of tuners default to upping the performance but maybe there’s someone out there that tunes the trans for improving daily aspects of how it behaves
Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have the same problem sycd, I like to drive in sport+ with paddles. I have found it easier to let the car downshift itself once I get down to 3rd gear coming to a stoplight.
It is jerky almost every time and it annoys the shit out of me.
When in D and sport+ it downshifts fine when coming to a normal stop.
I have 5500miles on mine and it's done it from day 1.
Also when in D and Spot+ (no paddles) in traffic jam, when I try to cut over to another lane turning hard and gas it, it will lose power on me, leaving me a sitting duck when trying to not cutoff another car... wtf
A10 is definitely a jerky trans in the Mach 1 and I am kinda regretting my decision to buy it.
Have you gone back to your dealer with a warranty request?
Curious to see if you have and what kind of response you received?
Checking fluid level and reflashing the trans software may be worth a try.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think there’s any tuning options that change the characteristics of how it shifts? I’m sure a lot of tuners default to upping the performance but maybe there’s someone out there that tunes the trans for improving daily aspects of how it behaves
I'm hoping Ford Performance Tune will address this but who knows when that will come out. Otherwise I'm not sure I want to void my warranty, ya know.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Have you gone back to your dealer with a warranty request?
Curious to see if you have and what kind of response you received?
Checking fluid level and reflashing the trans software may be worth a try.
I haven't taken it in because I think its just the way the trans is made or tuned unfortunately. I see many people saying the same thing. I would have to assume these fluid being low issues are resolved by now.
Personally I avoid going to dealer unless I totally have to. They are hacks and chances of them screwing up my mint car are high!
Maybe if I can find a video how to chk fluid level myself I'll do it if not too difficult.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping Ford Performance Tune will address this but who knows when that will come out. Otherwise I'm not sure I want to void my warranty, ya know.

Speaking as someone with a GT/CS and the 10 Speed, the Ford Performance tune, at least for my car, solved pretty much every gripe I had with the transmission. It shifts smoother, holds gears longer and all of the jerky downshifts when slowing to a stop have gone away. Not sure why Ford hasn't addressed this with newer cars instead of having it be solved through a tune.

Also there is tons more torque in the lower rev range. Hopefully one for you guys will be available soon.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking as someone with a GT/CS and the 10 Speed, the Ford Performance tune, at least for my car, solved pretty much every gripe I had with the transmission. It shifts smoother, holds gears longer and all of the jerky downshifts when slowing to a stop have gone away. Not sure why Ford hasn't addressed this with newer cars instead of having it be solved through a tune.

Also there is tons more torque in the lower rev range. Hopefully one for you guys will be available soon.
Thanks for the info Steve! So there is hope

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you do the Ford Performance tune done by your Ford dealer you shouldn’t have any warranty issues. You’re GTG.
Yep, I know.
Just need them to make the tune for the Mach

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they can tame your issue at the dealer with a flash in the meantime.
But there hasn't been a flash with the A10 calibration since way before my car was made.

OP
OP
sycd

sycd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
It's weird, because the same transmission, in the Camaro, is much better tuned.
Yeah these issues seem to be shortcomings of the software programming done by Ford.

On the plus side this gives hope that some of the issues can be addressed by 3rd party tuners as you and others mentioned in this thread.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
My 2020 GT A10 operates the same way. Completely different than my Lexus, but I just figured it’s a different car and Trans. I live with it.
Besides the hold right paddle down to go back into auto-mode trick, another thing I’ve been doing in manual mode, is starting our in 2nd. Just learned that recently. Because when in manual mode, that 1st to 2nd shift comes quick, and hard. While at a stop, you can upshift to 2nd, and start out in second. It’s much smoother.
Sponsored