Sponsored

10r80, ford and the dealer

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
@RedYote18
The car has been at the Service Center since June 3rd?

Just an FYI - in most States, a new vehicle that has been at a Service Center inop for 30+ consecutive days is an instant qualification as a Lemon and to start Buy Back proceedings.

COVID is holding up some things - but we’re in the middle of August now, they should be giving you a Loaner.

Not sure how you feel about the Buy Back process - but there’s plenty of info on this site regarding the process and how anyone can do it without the need for Attorneys.

They owe you a loaner at the least. Call 800# back, when you get to the initial prompts, either select “0” for an Operator or press it. When you get the Op on the phone, tell them you wish to speak to a Supervisor because your CSR isn’t doing a thing to help. Tell the Supervisor you have been w/o your new vehicle in excess of 2 mos, you’ve been more than patient and are now ready to go to all of their Social Media Sites to voice your displeasure at how a new car owner is being treated.

That will light a fire.

Be persistent, polite - but professional and firm. They owe you a loaner. Also tell the Supervisor you want reimbursement of now 2 mos of car payments (if you financed) due to not being able to drive your new to you Ford.
Can you lemon law a used car? This is a former rental car the OP bought.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedYote18

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 2019 wrangler jl
And from what I’ve gathered as long as it’s in warranty period it can be lemon lawable.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Sponsored

OP
OP
RedYote18

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well, ford regional rep claims all the parts will be in Monday, she will contact the dealer then myself with an eta of finishing the job.

YoungGT18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My car was in the shop for 6 weeks back during the winter....my local dealership worked with Ford and paid for two months of payments since I was not driving it. Mine was also waiting on parts....then the wrong parts came in...same ole story. When the general manager got involved, parts were there in 2-days....amazing how things work.

OP
OP
RedYote18

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My car was in the shop for 6 weeks back during the winter....my local dealership worked with Ford and paid for two months of payments since I was not driving it. Mine was also waiting on parts....then the wrong parts came in...same ole story. When the general manager got involved, parts were there in 2-days....amazing how things work.

Going to attempt that once it’s done

OP
OP
RedYote18

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well Ford emailed today instead of calling, with the great news. Now the parts are supposed to be here by the end of the week. I replied requested ford to pay the payments I’ve made during the 90 days they have had it.

OP
OP
RedYote18

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Now above 90 days, the parts aren’t even supposedly coming off backorder til the 23rd. Anyone have a contact with ford? They should really be just finding me a transmission, which I’ve already done, to swap out. Considering we’ll be atop 120 days by the times it’s back together if the backordered parts show up on the expected dates. My regional agent hasn’t been much help with getting my car done.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Now above 90 days, the parts aren’t even supposedly coming off backorder til the 23rd. Anyone have a contact with ford? They should really be just finding me a transmission, which I’ve already done, to swap out. Considering we’ll be atop 120 days by the times it’s back together if the backordered parts show up on the expected dates. My regional agent hasn’t been much help with getting my car done.
I gave you the contact numbers link in post #9 on here. You have to call the 800# and start a claim.

If you already have a Regional Rep from Ford and a Case Number, then you need to call the 800#, don’t select the prompt to contact or plug the extension for your Rep - either choose the Operator option from the menu OR dial -0-. When you get someone on the phone, tell them you need to speak to a Supervisor ASAP. When you get the Supervisor tell him/her they need to elevate your case, as you’re patience with the matter is done, you’re about to go public on Social Media about the situation and you’re entertaining legal counsel.

Your options at this point is to Lemon the car. In many States, if the Service time has exceeded 30-consecutive days OR 30-days within a calendar year, the car instantly qualifies for a Ford Buy Back (lemon). You need to look up your State’s Lemon Laws to know your rights, your State’s process and what can or cannot be done. Also make sure it’s a “.gov” site, do not use a third party website for such info, most contain inaccuracies. You can start the Buy Back process also through the BBB - other members have been successful in doing so.

If you don’t know anything about the Ford Buy Back process, just search my user ID on here, or the terms “lemon”, “lemon law”, “ buy back” or “RAV”... you’ll find more than enough info about it and to guide yourself through The process.

Your Dealership is not going to go above and beyond for you and don’t believe they are in constant contact with Ford....

Unfortunately, you have to do the leg work to make things happen and get things done when it gets to this point.

Good luck!

OP
OP
RedYote18

RedYote18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
FWIW my car has left the original dealer on a roll back and has now been dropped off at the ford commercial service location. The original dealer finally “got all the parts in” and then later that day I was notified that my service advisor along with the tech who diagnosed and took my car apart no longer work at this dealer. New tech was supposed to start the next Monday and no showed. That’s when it was decided I was done with this dealer no matter what they had to offer.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Man, some dealers can just completely ruin the fun of owning a new car.
Sponsored