Sponsored

10r80 dripping transmission fluid occasionally?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Have you done any 10R80 cooling for track? About 3/4 into my 20 min sessions I end up being limited to RPM’s on the straights - Trans fluid is overheating.
Just researched the 2015-2018 Mishimoto but doesn’t sound like it will work for my 2020 PP1, and the numbers weren’t very impressive IMO.

@GTP
I received those brake shield deflectors by the way, thank you. 👍
Transmission: Nothing yet other than heat wrapping the two lines that are near the exhaust header. I like the frontside scoops for radiators in the GT350, GT500, and Mach1, but I haven't researched it enough to figure out if that is doable on our PP cars. Permanent diff cooling solution seems to be active cooler such as the kit from MMR.

I have a track day at Gingerman Monday and I will start with one side with my brake deflector and the other with the OEM deflector. Measure the delta and then put the other deflector on between sessions.

EDIT: @TundraOnKings do you run in Sport or Track mode on track?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Transmission: Nothing yet other than heat wrapping the two lines that are near the exhaust header. I like the frontside scoops for radiators in the GT350, GT500, and Mach1, but I haven't researched it enough to figure out if that is doable on our PP cars. Permanent diff cooling solution seems to be active cooler such as the kit from MMR.

I have a track day at Gingerman Monday and I will start with one side with my brake deflector and the other with the OEM deflector. Measure the delta and then put the other deflector on between sessions.

EDIT: @TundraOnKings do you run in Sport or Track mode on track?
Gotchya. I need to heat wrap a ton of stuff. I did the exhaust near the rear diff with 50’ (25’ each side) of the DEI Platinum, combined with BG 75w-140 my rear diff went from overheating constantly to running at a completely normal level and now is the least of my worries. Heat wrap is your friend.

My racecar shop that quoted me for all 3 coolers was talking about setting up my car like a GT350, with a trans cooler on one side and an oil cooler on the other. I’d be curious as what design/aero they come up with.
The first 20min session of my last track day I ran in Sport only, then I ran in Track for the last 2 x 20min session. The first session was 70 degrees and asphalt temp was like 80. Car didn’t go into limp mode (sport mode).
Outdoor temps went up to 80 later in day and asphalt temp went to 110 degrees. The car limited RPM’s after about 15min in (was in track mode).

raulienga

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2018
Watching. I've got an 18 10R80 Ecoboost that's built and also leaking transmission fluid. Hit it hard the other day and saw smoke. Jacked the car up the next day and saw fluid hit the exhaust... Also driving fine but highly doubt my dealer will cover under warranty.
Something similar happens to me, I accelerated hard and saw smoke in the rear-view mirror. I went to the mechanic and he told me that he threw oil through the vent.

IMG_2215.jpeg

GrossJames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Yea its definitely leaking I am taking it to ford for diagnosis, not sure if they will warranty it because I do have a whipple but I dont know how a whipple could make my transmission leak.. It shifts perfect for now but obviously if it keeps leaking its going to get ruined from low fluid... Anyone else deal with this or have any suggestions?
Sponsored