10HP Loss, Not compression! Real reason exposed with Dyno Proof

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Bro, I went to the Ford Website minutes ago and screenshot the page.
So you can do a screen shot but not post the associated link for others to verify?
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
So you can do a screen shot but not post the associated link for others to verify?
Go to the website it’s located under the owners manual section. Type in the year scroll down to specifications and capacities. Its all there.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If it's on the Internet, it must be true.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Screenshot from my phone, directly from the owners manual.

44DF57FF-FB8D-41CE-8F6E-E2DF5F541086.jpeg

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
You don't have a typo on the Ford web page ,You don't have a typo on their web page, they would have changed it if it was wrong, SMH. .. the 22 guys are in Big Time denial with the horsepower drop, guys are a bunch of knuckleheads if you think the filter does anything for horsepower. .... whatever, all my s*** works.
To the extent that I’m able to actually glean anything from your rambling post, I’d say that as a ‘21 owner you’re enjoying this quite a bit. In fact, it could be interpreted that you signed up on the forum just to gloat a bit. Apologies if I’m mistaken.

While I hate to rain on your parade, I’d bet the actual CR remains unchanged at 12:1.

First off, have you actually driven a ‘22? I’m on my second one and like many here have reported they run darn strong. One or two guys report they feel even stronger than earlier S550s. In any event they sure don’t feel like they’ve lost anything at all, much less a point of compression. And really, who cares if they did? What counts is how they feel under your right foot. I wouldn’t much care if the CR was 8:1 as long as the total package ran strong, which they do.

Secondly, did you watch Tony’s Ford’s video at the beginning of this thread? Dynos don’t lie and he got back 18 HP by removing the CF when only 10 were lost to start with! I don’t think he could have recaptured 18 ponies if the compression were actually down.

I think Ford learned it’s lesson a few years back by misstating HP figures and they don’t want to go down that road again. But they do make mistakes and typos, and a fair number of them at that. I recently got my Mach 1 Welcome Kit and they spelled “collectibility“ as “collectability“. Inexcusable in a high end piece dedicated to a flagship product, yet they failed to proofread the copy.

This gets a little bit old honestly and as I get some time I’m gonna attempt to get someone at Ford to clear it up. Right or wrong I’ll post what I find.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/models/gt-fastback/

💯👉Its from FORD,current "build and price"...Read it as many times as you need to.
Which has been known to be wrong on numerous occasions. Hell, order banks for 2023 close after today and they never updated the site to reflect 2023 (took several months in prior years as well). That should tell you how reliable the build and price site is. I posted a screenshot earlier directly from my owners manual and I own a 2022. And someone else posted a link from Ford’s service portal also showing 12:1 for 2022. Read them as many times as you need to…

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
You don't have a typo on the Ford web page ,You don't have a typo on their web page, they would have changed it if it was wrong, SMH. .. the 22 guys are in Big Time denial with the horsepower drop, guys are a bunch of knuckleheads if you think the filter does anything for horsepower. .... whatever, all my s*** works.
Errr, everything on my car works? :handsinair:I haven't had any issues.

I'm honestly not concerned. 😎 If others have 10 more HP, a greater compression ratio, more of something that I don't have, good on them. :like: The level of performance I'm driving at, :crazy:I don't believe anyone will notice anyway. :inspect:

I'm genuinely grateful for what I've got. 😁 I love the car. :inlove:It's not going anywhere (Especially now that it's stored for the Winter). 🥶 LOL.

20221108_111902.jpg

Last edited:

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
New member here. Melbourne Florida.

2023 Mach1. I actually just removed this element today myself and added the borla catback system as well as the Ford motor sports performance filter.

Fingers crossed I don’t have any issues with this carbon element removal. I put the sleeve back in after I removed the cheese grader. Honestly I don’t see how this caused much restriction but I guess a little.

FEFBC39A-2E85-429F-A83C-F54EAE5EC77A.jpeg

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Everyone just watch this YouTube. Dyno numbers back up his claims as well.

Removed mine this afternoon and also removed the grating in the tube. Used a dreamer to neatly zip it out. Shpovaced intake and reinstalled. Car runs perfect with no CEL.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I removed the cheese grader.
You do realize that 'cheese grater' helps to straighten out airflow cause of the repositioned MAF sensor, right ?
Sponsored