10HP Loss, Not compression! Real reason exposed with Dyno Proof

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
All I can say is that removing both the car runs really strong and no CEL. Other folks have swapped just the lid from 2021 OEM intakes with no issues. I see Cold air intake manufacturers sell their 2021 for 2022 model years with no mention of not installing on 2022. So it doesn’t appear the grating removal with the removal of the charcoal filter effects the MAF position.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
All I can say is that removing both the car runs really strong and no CEL. Other folks have swapped just the lid from 2021 OEM intakes with no issues. I see Cold air intake manufacturers sell their 2021 for 2022 model years with no mention of not installing on 2022. So it doesn’t appear the grating removal with the removal of the charcoal filter effects the MAF position.
K.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So it doesn’t appear the grating removal with the removal of the charcoal filter effects the MAF position.
It will show up at idle if it needs the straightener.

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
You do realize that 'cheese grater' helps to straighten out airflow cause of the repositioned MAF sensor, right ?
I’m confused, I thought that cheese grater was the hydrocarbon filter? I put the tube itself back in just not that grater filter whatchamacallit.

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
I’m confused, I thought that cheese grater was the hydrocarbon filter? I put the tube itself back in just not that grater filter whatchamacallit.
It is for the Mach 1, the GT cheese grater is a little different and while the filter is removable still, the plastic "web" is not as easily removed as on the Mach 1.

Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
How has this moronic thread gone 16 pages? Its 10hp. You will see a bigger swing in HP up or down from both DA, temps and from octane changes. This is idiotic going back and forth about this. Get a goddamn JLT and a tune and not only take back your 10, but add 30 more... And for the love of god run 93 or 91 and some octanium or something. That would mean more than pulling out that extra filter... Jesus the stupidity in this thread.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Some may not have the funds to get a JLT and a tune to go with it. this mod cost zero dollars.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How has this moronic thread gone 16 pages? Its 10hp. You will see a bigger swing in HP up or down from both DA, temps and from octane changes. This is idiotic going back and forth about this. Get a goddamn JLT and a tune and not only take back your 10, but add 30 more... And for the love of god run 93 or 91 and some octanium or something. That would mean more than pulling out that extra filter... Jesus the stupidity in this thread.
JLT CAI and tune cost money and the tune could void warranty on a new car. Doing this mod is free. I chose the free route. But I appreciate your recommendation on the other option.

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
It is for the Mach 1, the GT cheese grater is a little different and while the filter is removable still, the plastic "web" is not as easily removed as on the Mach 1.
roger that. So removing the cheese grater on the Mach1 is seriously that simple and the hydro carbon filter is gone. I put the sleeve back in as well just minus the grater. Took about 8 min.

Don’t know if I gained anything from that considering I did the filter and Borla catback the same day but if I did then awesome!

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
hey thanks man, I’m glad this forum is filled with optimistic and positive subject matter experts like most forums. Sorry if I asked a stupid question, thanks!

Sponsored

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
roger that. So removing the cheese grater on the Mach1 is seriously that simple and the hydro carbon filter is gone. I put the sleeve back in as well just minus the grater. Took about 8 min.

Don’t know if I gained anything from that considering I did the filter and Borla catback the same day but if I did then awesome!
Yep, you got it and I wouldn't worry about any issues from removing it, Tony' Fords has some great videos and also references actual data logs and dyno testing.

Plenty of people in his comment section have removed it, like me, and I have not seen one person that has had any issues.

The Truth about 2022 & 2023 Coyote V8 Part 2 Important updated Info - YouTube

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Yep, you got it and I wouldn't worry about any issues from removing it, Tony' Fords has some great videos and also references actual data logs and dyno testing.

Plenty of people in his comment section have removed it, like me, and I have not seen one person that has had any issues.

The Truth about 2022 & 2023 Coyote V8 Part 2 Important updated Info - YouTube
But it has given rise to a whole new class of skeptical pot-stirrers who would seem to enjoy pointless arguing In the face of facts. I call them “DYNO DENIERS”. It’s interesting really. Ordinarily these same folks would refuse to believe a claim without dyno evidence; now they have decided to ignore irrefutable dyno evidence in favor of nothing more than their own opinions.

It would be easy to conclude that some folks just enjoy arguing.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
hey thanks man, I’m glad this forum is filled with optimistic and positive subject matter experts like most forums. Sorry if I asked a stupid question, thanks!
Yeah, having been entertained myself by these 16 pages, the message really made me laugh--until I got to the insult at the end, when I realized he was serious and that he had read through all those pages not enjoying them and even being angered by his reading.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My hypothesis about why Ford went with dual air-cleaners in the 24 is due to the restriction from the charcoal filters.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My hypothesis about why Ford went with dual air-cleaners in the 24 is due to the restriction from the charcoal filters.
They're trying to imitate this gem:
2023-chevrolet-corvette-z06-201-1635179437.jpg
Sponsored