Sponsored

1000hp , Whipple 2.9, whats needed?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Stock 14 one off an aluminator. 15 and up are much weaker.
Hmmm... im shooting to make 1000rwhp in next few days. Have mmr crank gear, foundary opg, ati balancer, didn't go sleeved with motor but have block supports, mahle pistons Manley rods, arp 2000 rod bolts, clevite bearings. Should hold up. I hope.
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You use all ARP studs? If so you "should" be good. A lot dependent on the tuner as well.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
My builder is brett lasala, and hes running 7s on his turbo charged car same motor. Will be tuning it with lund this week. Running strong 13psi on 93 now.

Goodluck

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Hmmm... im shooting to make 1000rwhp in next few days. Have mmr crank gear, foundary opg, ati balancer, didn't go sleeved with motor but have block supports, mahle pistons Manley rods, arp 2000 rod bolts, clevite bearings. Should hold up. I hope.
Better wrist pins?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Hope your Mahle Pistons hold up better than the one in my alluminator .lol
@975 rwhp STD
I think my pump/injectors were running out or may be tune or both.
-Sai Li 's with ID 1000's-different tuner .
Should have invested in the fore style triple pump and ID 1300.
Cheaper than my now sleeved 5.2.lol

[/URL][/IMG]

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we typically use ross pistons, BES is a big fan, 2000 hp and 0 issues out of them on our 11 car

Sponsored

04compgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 TT Ford Mustag
Hope your Mahle Pistons hold up better than the one in my alluminator .lol
@975 rwhp STD
I think my pump/injectors were running out or may be tune or both.
-Sai Li 's with ID 1000's-different tuner .
Should have invested in the fore style triple pump and ID 1300.
Cheaper than my now sleeved 5.2.lol

[/URL][/IMG]
The wording is a little confusing but I just want to make sure that people know I didn't tune this car. The reason for the piston failure on your car definitely looks tune related like I stated in our email communications. I have made 1200 whp on Mahles with 0 issues for over a year on many applications, if the tune is in check you will be just fine with your Bretton Lasala built motor Mike.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Thanks! I have faith in bretts work and have faith in lund. Sure things will be fine :) i covered all bases. Will be driving car to work this week turning up boost and tuning. Cant wait. All goes well, at least maybe people will look up brettgive him some more work. He deserves some recognition. I love how articulate he is when he works. Dont know who else i would let touch my car if i need work i cant do.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
The wording is a little confusing but I just want to make sure that people know I didn't tune this car. The reason for the piston failure on your car definitely looks tune related like I stated in our email communications. I have made 1200 whp on Mahles with 0 issues for over a year on many applications, if the tune is in check you will be just fine with your Bretton Lasala built motor Mike.
I apologize,looking at the post again ,I agree the wording could be confusing .

Let me also clarify,Sai did NOT tune the car but I did have his twin pump (?using GT 500 pumps)fuel system with ID 1000s at the time of the "accident "

Sai did tell me as he states, he thought it was tune related.He also stated the fuel system(with E85)would support only up to 900 rwhp with the ID 1000s and 950 with the 1300s.My car had made 975 rwhp (STD) on the dyno on the high boost setting (@18 psi)and had gone 9.5@147 on the mid "boost" setting (@16 psi)but it was on the "low" boost setting (14psi) on the pass it failed .

I think knowing this will also be useful for others with this system trying to pushing more power .
I had been under the assumption that it would support more based on Sheldons Lewis' car that made over 1000 rwhp and has gone 8's.

Sai did say that car(and his ) has a custom triple pump system and ID1300s.

I am going to upgrade to a different triple pump system /ID 1300s with my sleeved 5.2/GT350 headed long block replacing the alluminator .

OP,sorry for the thread jack.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
This is some great information and gives us a good idea of what to expect and to be sure to invest in a solid fuel system thats for sure

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I've never seen or herd of a 2.9 making a 1000 RWHP with out spray. Not saying it hasn't happened in never land on a unicorn with Jesus tuning it & I don't won't to poop on the OP's thread or dreams but somebody post a link please.
Laughed out loud on this one

jesus-on-a-unicorn.jpg
Sponsored