OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Built short block with sleeve supports or sleeve it , and a fuel system that will support e85/98 at that level. And supporting drivetrain mods. Then turn the boost up till you smell coolant then back her up a notch :-)
You gave me the best response ,lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
But Im shooting for 1000engine hp, so looking around 900whp,Im gona use Ms109 for the track days and gona pulley up for daily driving so I would be around 750whp or max limit on 93octanes , I think the Whipple should be able to get me there or??

I dont want to go turbo,I personally like a twinscrew Supercharger more for daily driving

Has anyone converted a Manual to Auto yet?

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I made 965whp on a sleeved/forged MPR block today, 20-21psi/e85, Hellion twin turbo. We kept blowing out the spark, just needed to regap my plugs lower and would have made well over 1000whp, through an auto. A whipple will make that kind of power, just send your stock heads plus $12,000 to MPR and you're good, haha. Then there's that MT82 thang you gotta worry about....

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63472

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I would shoot for more in the 800-850HP range. I am sure the 1,000 HP is possible, but the 800 range would leave you with a more reliable engine. Not to mention a 1,000 HP street car that is obtaining it's power via a PD blower is going to be hard to handle on the streets. A 1,000 HP with TT's can be handled much better on the streets. I'd say shoot for 800, and then have a more aggressive track day tune available to go along with a couple other track day goodies, and maybe arive at the track a little closer to that 1,000 HP mark. Just my $.02
Im rethinking this, and it might be a good idea, and next year go up to 900whp and see how I like 850 first and see if I still looking forward to go up to 1000bhp

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Im rethinking this, and it might be a good idea, and next year go up to 900whp and see how I like 850 first and see if I still looking forward to go up to 1000bhp
Make sure you build the shortblock for the top HP goal. The builder will then spec the appropriate pistons, rods and wrist pins. Remember when you push 93 to the limit, you leave yourself zero wiggle room for bad gas.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I've never seen or herd of a 2.9 making a 1000 RWHP with out spray. Not saying it hasn't happened in never land on a unicorn with Jesus tuning it & I don't won't to poop on the OP's thread or dreams but somebody post a link please.
Almost all CJ, Drag pak and COPO make 1000+RW. I think OP is asking for 1000HP, not 1000RWHP, that's a big difference.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Make sure you build the shortblock for the top HP goal. The builder will then spec the appropriate pistons, rods and wrist pins. Remember when you push 93 to the limit, you leave yourself zero wiggle room for bad gas.
^^THIS!!!
If you plan on going big and then bigger later down the road,...you're still going to have to spend tons of money. Do overkill first to make sure you have that room to get to a higher hp and tq, if that is the direction you want to go in.
Don't forget to swap out your half shafts and transmission as well. I'm sure you're transmission will take a crap after 700rwhp and 600rwtq, launching all the time.
So, yeah, it's going to cost A LOT of money and time. But, if you got both,.......go for it bro! Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup: :cheers:

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I'm shooting for same. Getting very very close. Check out my build thread. Im doing my e85 tuning and small pulley next week.

In regards to trans i like manual for the fun of shifting. Went with Ben calimer built 6060. Had brett lasala build my motor. I think it's doable. Plan to dyno on 10th to know where I'm at for sure.

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Almost all CJ, Drag pak and COPO make 1000+RW. I think OP is asking for 1000HP, not 1000RWHP, that's a big difference.
Yes, Im asking for 1000bhp, I think Ill have to do alot of research to do it right, seems like the list doesn't end, first is fuel pump,opg and crank gears, ati damper, built motor, new trans, driveshaft, halfshafts ,suspension and lets see what else comes up

OP
OP
v8ter

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I'm shooting for same. Getting very very close. Check out my build thread. Im doing my e85 tuning and small pulley next week.

In regards to trans i like manual for the fun of shifting. Went with Ben calimer built 6060. Had brett lasala build my motor. I think it's doable. Plan to dyno on 10th to know where I'm at for sure.
Ill look into it, btw congrats on being this far already, let us know how it turns out

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Whipple 2.9L, 10 rib with 20% over drive balancer, 3.5 blower pulley, long tubes with full 3 inch exhaust, clutch & drive shaft, E85 & fuel system should get you to 850 rwhp then hope the MT82 doesn't break if it does you could build it or Magnum XL conversion.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Ill look into it, btw congrats on being this far already, let us know how it turns out
I dyno sat. Ill be updating my build thread. Hoping to be a lil over 1000rwhp. If i don't make that will either get smaller pulley and or add wet shot nitrous. Will be running 3.3 pulley

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
So I want to get into the 1000hp range, for occasional drag racing and since its my dd, I want to make it reliable and safe, so far I have the Whipple 2.9 Stage 2 w/their tune, Stock exhaust, Mcleod Rxt Clutch, Dss Halfshafts

So what can handle it and what breaks at this level of power ?

Starting with engine, what is needed to make it support this hp level and still have a reliable engine?

What should be done with the trans? Upgrading it or replacing it?

And supporting mods for the rest?
Hey brother, for the engine... what have you done to it? At 950 we cracked a crank sprocket and that was on the 14. Of course, engine and I would go sleeved and dbl keyed crankshaft since it is belt powered. We work with a few engine builder companies and as of late, have a few builds getting dropped off at the shop with engines built by MPR and Livernois.

That MT82 wont handle it, a built 6060 will work just fine for that type of power, the MT82 will continue to shred into bits even being built and the RXT is one of the roughest clutches for the MT82...

Shoot me a pm bro, I'll guide you in the right direction. We've quite a few big HP builds in house. You can also contact Livernois, MPR and some of the other engine builders to give you some little ques on what to do and what not to do.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Stock 14 one off an aluminator. 15 and up are much weaker.
Sponsored