Sponsored

10 Speed Auto or 6 Speed Manual, what say you?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Is the ability to pop start a car really the hill you want to die on? Why is your manual car such a piece of shit that it can't start on it's own? The small lithium jump boxes that fit in your glovebox work great, so you can't even make this argument. Also, Arnold can tow the car with his bare hands. Try again!
Totally didn't even think about jumping technology these days. All that power in the palms of our hands now! My wife has a bigger jump kit in her truck (still kind of small). I know now they have really small ones like you described.
Sponsored

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Whatever you end up with is what you'll end up using throughout the ownership of the car. Transmission conversions do not make financial sense as it is cheaper to trade it in than go through all that work and still a high chance of it being ghetto or not perfect.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
out of curiosity, has anyone tried to start a manual Mustang that way? I last did that in a 90's T-Bird with a supercharged engine. I wonder with push button start and all the computer junk if that is even possible anymore.
I know that the manual tells you not to do it...

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I have had a tr3650 gt, mt82 gt, and tr6060 cts-v. I broke the mt82, the tr6060 was good for a manual but auto is just better after having an A10 with the modes. Drag modes is like no lift shifting perfect every time faster than humanly possible. Sport mode is good smooth shifting. I paddle shift 90% of the time and I love it. I initially got annoyed with the a10 hunting when I would roll on the throttle, but then I just started paddle shifting.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I know that the manual tells you not to do it...
Last year my friends first mustang ever (2013 Boss) had a bad battery when he bought the car. He took it to work and obviously we were all looking at it. He barely started the car and wanted to go to the dealership for a new battery. His luck, he stalled the car on a light (really up hill) and had no idea what to do. He called me to come and give him a jump - when I came, I saw a cop car and a ton of traffic going around him. There was no time for a jump, I parked my car on the side of the road, got in his car, told the cop that was behind to back up a little and stop traffic for 30 seconds. Got the car moving backwards, did a really slow 180 (gravity) and moved forward, second gear, clutch and obviously it started. Definitely not recommended, but in situations like this you gave to act pretty fast :)

All the year of driving crappy cars in Poland were useful (FYI you guy can check my first car if curious, it was a Deawoo Tico, yes I drive that death box during a bad winter - best 48 hp a 18yo could have lol)

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
I bought a brand new 2015 GT Premium with a 6 speed back in the Spring of 2015. I liked it then because I believed that a muscle car needs to be a manual transmission and "rowing" those gears just felt good and it gave me a sense of being in more control of the power that is the Coyote V8.
Well, fast forward to now.... I decided to buy a 2020 Mustang GT Premium and at first I was dead set on getting a 6 speed manual again because of the afore mentioned reasons. That was until I test drove the A10. When I was done with my test drive and I got out of the car and looked at my wife and said... "I wish I hadn't drove this... now I'm rethinking my whole plan".
Long story short, I ended up buying a 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the 401a package, A10, active exhaust, HD Stereo, NAV and much more. That A10 just impressed me so much and floored me with it's performance, I just had to get it. Not one regret. I would do the A10 over the manual any day.
My recent purchase...

PAP Mustang.JPG

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
I decided to buy a 2020 Mustang GT Premium and at first I was dead set on getting a 6 speed manual again because of the afore mentioned reasons. That was until I test drove the A10
I did the same thing. I had been reading about the a10 cars, but still thought there was no way in Hell I was going to buy one. I drove it and did a full 180. Lol
Nice car, btw

OP
OP
MIDLYFE

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I bought a brand new 2015 GT Premium with a 6 speed back in the Spring of 2015. I liked it then because I believed that a muscle car needs to be a manual transmission and "rowing" those gears just felt good and it gave me a sense of being in more control of the power that is the Coyote V8.
Well, fast forward to now.... I decided to buy a 2020 Mustang GT Premium and at first I was dead set on getting a 6 speed manual again because of the afore mentioned reasons. That was until I test drove the A10. When I was done with my test drive and I got out of the car and looked at my wife and said... "I wish I hadn't drove this... now I'm rethinking my whole plan".
Long story short, I ended up buying a 2020 Mustang GT Premium with the 401a package, A10, active exhaust, HD Stereo, NAV and much more. That A10 just impressed me so much and floored me with it's performance, I just had to get it. Not one regret. I would do the A10 over the manual any day.
My recent purchase...

PAP Mustang.JPG
Nice car. Best factory wheels ever! When I went on the hunt for my GT these were a requirement. I've been kicking the idea of putting 20mm spacers on them but I'm afraid it might push them out more than I want and 20mm is really as small as you can go for hub centric. I also don't want to change the factory geometry and increase the amount of rocks being spit at the side of the car. If anyone has put 20mm spacers on these wheels I'd love to see some pics.

Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
Nice car. Best factory wheels ever! When I went on the hunt for my GT these were a requirement. I've been kicking the idea of putting 20mm spacers on them but I'm afraid it might push them out more than I want and 20mm is really as small as you can go for hub centric. I also don't want to change the factory geometry and increase the amount of rocks being spit at the side of the car. If anyone has put 20mm spacers on these wheels I'd love to see some pics.
Now why would you want to do that?! You will alter the handling characteristics of the car not to mention cause the tires to wear funny. I try not to mess with the build of the car so much because I believe that the engineers at Ford are way more smarter than I am when it comes to engineering a car. So I trust what they put on a car as optimal for daily use while maintaining the integrity of the vehicle and also not cause any warranty issues. Mine will stay stock as I like to spend my money on other things. The car is great as she is.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I was dead set on getting the manual until I saw a deal for one with the A10. Took the A10 for a test drive and was blown away by it. I never had issues with it hunting for a gear. Normal mode for me is great and Sport mode is amazing. I take it through the canyons around where I live all the time in Sport and I never have to touch the paddles. It just knows where it needs to be.

I know a lot of us enthusiasts swear by the manual. And that's great; I used to be the exact same way. But I don't miss rowing my own one bit when I'm out racking up miles.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
After driving a Porsche with the PDK, I was either going to buy a Mustang or a ZL1 with an A10. I just couldn't go back to a manual. The only thing I don't like about it is the rev matching.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The smoothness of the shift, by driving mode, all depends on how you're driving. In Sport and especially Sport +, yes it definitely shifts harder, but it's also expecting you to be in that mode to drive a little harder. Go somewhere secluded, put it in sport + and floor it. You will see how smooth and quick it shifts. At least that's been my experience.
This is one of the exact reasons I'll always buy a MT.

The best an automatic can do is assume you want it to shift a certain way, based on what somebody who's "not-you" thought you wanted (whether this be mode-specific or not). Personally, I don't want any shifts to be 'hard' . . . ever. No matter how enthusiastically I may be driving at the moment, and never mind if somebody else thinks I'm supposed to want the transmission to shift that way

Norm

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
This is one of the exact reasons I'll always buy a MT.

The best an automatic can do is assume you want it to shift a certain way, based on what somebody who's "not-you" thought you wanted (whether this be mode-specific or not). Personally, I don't want any shifts to be 'hard' . . . ever. No matter how enthusiastically I may be driving at the moment, and never mind if somebody else thinks I'm supposed to want the transmission to shift that way

Norm
The A10 learns your driving style and has enough modes to make just about anyone happy.
Sponsored