Sponsored

1" wheel spacers on all 4s (pics)

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have a question for all of you folks running the spacers:

Is the vehicle kicking up even more road debris onto the body panels and rockers?

I'm only asking because I know with the stock setup, the damn wheels do kick up a lot of road debris onto the panels (and most S550 Owners end up making or buying mud guards to install).
Probably. The pzeros pick up (and toss) rocks like tar. I put some XPEL paint protection film behind the wheels and avoid certain roads. But I'm sure I'll still get more rock chips than I would without the spacers.
Sponsored

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
youll get superficial chips in front of your rear tires on the quarter panels, but you only see them when youre really up close. had mine on for about 10k miles now
I have a question for all of you folks running the spacers:

Is the vehicle kicking up even more road debris onto the body panels and rockers?

I'm only asking because I know with the stock setup, the damn wheels do kick up a lot of road debris onto the panels (and most S550 Owners end up making or buying mud guards to install).

See above brother. I've yet to see a single S550 with mudguards. If you're truly worried, maybe look into a clear bra type material.

RVA5.0Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I just installed a set of AM/Coyote Accessories 25 MM spacers all around. I cleaned the hub with sand paper to remove any rust or buildup. I sat the spacers on the hub, tightened/torqued to 120 ft/lbs in star pattern. Torqued lug nuts after to 95-100 ft/lbs. It all feels great, although I seem to have a very very VERY minor shudder in the steering wheel at certain speeds , namely around 50, or depending on the road surface. Of course, me being paranoid, I checked the torque of the spacers after about 100 miles and they were still set at 120 ft/lbs. Does anyone else experience a tiny shudder? I'm talking TIIIINY. I almost feel like the wheels are just now extra sensitive to surface imperfections. It's not vibrating at all. Smooth as glass otherwise. Anyone else notice this or am I being paranoid?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I just installed a set of AM/Coyote Accessories 25 MM spacers all around. I cleaned the hub with sand paper to remove any rust or buildup. I sat the spacers on the hub, tightened/torqued to 120 ft/lbs in star pattern. Torqued lug nuts after to 95-100 ft/lbs. It all feels great, although I seem to have a very very VERY minor shudder in the steering wheel at certain speeds , namely around 50, or depending on the road surface. Of course, me being paranoid, I checked the torque of the spacers after about 100 miles and they were still set at 120 ft/lbs. Does anyone else experience a tiny shudder? I'm talking TIIIINY. I almost feel like the wheels are just now extra sensitive to surface imperfections. It's not vibrating at all. Smooth as glass otherwise. Anyone else notice this or am I being paranoid?
As they get wider in setup theoretically yes it will give you more road feel. DId you ensure they sit perfectly flush on the hub.

RVA5.0Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
As they get wider in setup theoretically yes it will give you more road feel. DId you ensure they sit perfectly flush on the hub.
Yes. Sandpapered the hell out of the hub and looked virtually brand new. Placed the spacer over the ring, etc, and it literally did not move a bit when it was on it. Don't see how it could get any flatter on the hub. I will loosen up, maybe clean a bit more and re-try. I don't want to weaken the bolts for any reason.

If it continues, do I have any reason to panic? I can live with it, I just want to be sure it's safe.

Sponsored

fstenuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Is there a reason why some of you guys are running 23MM on the back and 25mm on the front?

Thanks!

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
Installed my coyote accessories 25mm (1inch) wheel spacer. Installed BC Racing coilovers same day (Dont hate the rake). Still a bit sunken, but what can we do?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Yes. It definitely feels different on my car also. I have a premium GT with 20's. Also turning radius has suffered. LOOKS DAMN GOOD THOUGH!!!:headbonk:
Sponsored