Sponsored

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
In my Town, we now have 93 octane fuel, so I use that, but the Boostane is for if I am not able to find a good quality fuel of at least 91 when out of town.
Yes, there will always be faster cars. I like my car and I am quite happy with the performance. Faster than most anything on the road, with a few exceptions.
If I want to go FAST, I get my 2021 Kawasaki Z H2 SE.
That is seriously fast.
All of our points can be presented and be commented on, but again. I like what I like and others, different opinions.
I have said everything I need to say, so this will be my last reply.
To Each, their own.
Do what makes YOU happy.
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
That model S is perfect. šŸ˜

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I canā€™t make Memes, but if I could it would be along the lines of :

GT500 :

1628185766659.jpeg

Tesla :

1628185811528.jpeg

I know which gets my vote ā€¦ :giggle:

WD :like:

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Now let's see the Tesla run a 20 minute session at VIR...
In all fairness, I've been there when some Model 3s ran 20-minute sessions at NCCAR.

The bigger problem was that the drivers were such nOoBs they didn't get inspected in time. Someone had to drop what he was doing, inspect the cars way past inspection time, and help the owners get the loose stuff out of their trunks and projectiles out of the interior.

Then, their instructors said the Model 3 cornered like the Toyota Avalon that was out there at the same time. šŸ˜†

...And if they didn't know about inspection, I'm sure they didn't show up early enough to claim parking by the electrical outlets. I suspect someone was nice enough to move and let them have it.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
How can anyone dislike the Model S plaid?
It is a 9-second factory sedan that will terrorize stoplights.
Battery technology is only getting better and I am sure Tesla is working on their own 4 motor monster to take on the mid 8-second rimac. šŸ¤Æ

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
How can anyone dislike the Model S plaid?
It is a 9-second factory sedan that will terrorize stoplights.
Battery technology is only getting better and I am sure Tesla is working on their own 4 motor monster to take on the mid 8-second rimac. šŸ¤Æ
lemme show you how easy it is to dislike a full size slot carā€¦

I donā€™t like EVs, period. I donā€™t care if they go 4.9 in the 1/4 mileā€¦it just ainā€™t the same šŸ™ƒ

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
You're being too literal. I don't think you really believe someone is saying soul meaning a gas powered car is alive. I think really you understand, and you have no answer for it, so you choose to pretend you don't understand.

People turn off the radio in their car because they prefer to hear the sound of a gas engine. This is not an uncommon thing. I shouldn't have to tell you this.

The radio, artificial engine noises from car's speakers - none of that stuff compares to the enjoyment people get from listening to a really well built piece of machinery making power.

I'm sure riding fast in a Tesla can be thrilling. But the radio is a poor substitute for the sound of an ICE at full song.

I think Ford's advertising budget for the Mach E is quite large. I noticed there has been an awful lot of coverage for the Mach E in the automotive press. One show I watch that usually has different vehicles every time featured the Mach E on three episodes in a row. Maybe I'm too cynical of a person, but I doubt whether C&D best of the year is proof that I would prefer the Mach E over a Tesla. If I were in the market for an EV, I would do my research rather than trust this.
when i had my explorer it had the premium sound in it and i still came close to upgrading the sound system because i wanted something better. in the '19 mustang i just have the 9 speaker that comes in the premium (i know there is something better from factory as I dont have the sub in the trunk that ive seen in other S550s) and that seemed like quite a downgrade at first after being used to the explorer. could tell the difference immediately. couldnt care less though, most of the time i have the windows down anyways and radio down. same thing in my SN, i only got rid of the factory radio because it stopped working, and i still have a head unit from like 2007 in it. i will be truly disappointed when IC engines go away. any time i have to put something in my trunk i use the remote start so i can listen to it from behind as i walk up :blush: :cwl:

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
if you could choose a car to take home, for free. Would it be a gt500 or tesla
If we did a survey, I doubt anyone would opt for Tesla. Even if it did a 6sec quarter mile.
The end.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
If we did a survey, I doubt anyone would opt for Tesla. Even if it did a 6sec quarter mile.
The end.
Agreed! Tesla/electrics are lifeless, spiritless, sterile machines. No soul. No fun. Who the F cares that it is quick, only and nothing else, the one trick pony.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
The end.
If you did a survey here itā€™d be heavily biased. So yeah, the GT500 would win out.

CrowsHeadSoup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Electric is going to win the power wars very soon. It is what it isā€¦

Some of you older members will remember the AFX HO slot carsā€¦? Made you dizzy to watch how fast they went. Lolā€¦
And now there's this: If only I had the space.
https://viperscaleracing.com/
Sponsored