Sponsored

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Why the rolling start? lol Im guessing it wouldnt be much of a race with the instant torque of the tesla. Just a guess... Awesome 500 though, wish I can get my hands on one without cutting off an arm

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I chuckled a bit thinking the GT500 would probably be about out of gas at 20 mins also, lol.
Yeah a 1000hp GT500 won't do 20 minutes either. Out of gas, maybe overheating.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
A high hp blown car doesn't run on the ragged edge the entire time around a track. And the fact that it starts off with robust cooling means it would probably fair better than a lot of cars that have been modified N/A in keeping temps in check.

And not for nothing, a swap of a pulley and a flash of a tune and the car is right as rain back in the same ballpark it came from Ford.

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Yeah a 1000hp GT500 won't do 20 minutes either. Out of gas, maybe overheating.
The mpg on these things is rather comical at times even bone stock when run hard. Cooling wise these cars are phenomenal and even at those power levels I doubt there will be any issues at all....

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
GT500, just refill with fuel, which is everywhere. Tesla, find a charging station and wait around while it's charging.
Sorry, but the Tesla is a Toaster, an appliance. No Soul. No connection. I don't care how fast the Toaster is.
Now don't burn my bread.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
GT500, just refill with fuel, which is everywhere. Tesla, find a charging station and wait around while it's charging.
Sorry, but the Tesla is a Toaster, an appliance. No Soul. No connection. I don't care how fast the Toaster is.
Now don't burn my bread.
Both the Mustang and a Tesla are machines. Neither has a soul, that's a projection or personification.

I've been in a Tesla being driven hard in a motorsports event. It was a thrilling experience. Its a different car but its not missing some 'core' essence. If you can ride shotgun in one and not crack a smile, you're the one missing a soul. If you find the auditory experience lacking, play the radio.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
Why the rolling start? lol Im guessing it wouldnt be much of a race with the instant torque of the tesla. Just a guess... Awesome 500 though, wish I can get my hands on one without cutting off an arm
Good question. But from a dig, the Tesla ran a 9.2 and the Mustang ran a 9.1
So, it's most definitely a race

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Good question. But from a dig, the Tesla ran a 9.2 and the Mustang ran a 9.1
So, it's most definitely a race
The Mustang won the standing 1/4 mile, and 1 of the rolling starts. 2 out of 3 is a win.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Why the rolling start? lol Im guessing it wouldnt be much of a race with the instant torque of the tesla. Just a guess...
“Roll racing” is a new thing at drag strips. Much easier on the clutch/tires and the rest of the driveline.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
rolling is just as fun. No waiting for the lights or anything. The bracket moves way faster. Similar to how a lot of people race in "mexico".