B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
The name is lame, but overall it looks great except for the rear. After seeing the official reveal + looking at the other S650's from different angles, (GT, and Ecoboost) the only one that stood out was the Dark Horse, the grille looks perfect on that one, and it's perfectly coherent with the front bumper. However, on the others the grille looked like dog shit. I'm glad I ordered a Mach 1 though, cause the S550 still looks better to me.
I agree with everything you said. With what I saw tonight, the DH was the only one that stuck out to me, and it's basically spec'd as a Mach 1.
Sponsored

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
C390BBF0-E6D4-47CF-9645-0077735C0D16.jpeg
52BB0426-8702-4B2F-B798-26A7BFB07832.jpeg

Spec wise, and the looks I like. Name isn’t terrible but all I see with the badge is this horse 😂

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I agree with everything you said. With what I saw tonight, the DH was the only one that stuck out to me, and it's basically spec'd as a Mach 1.
That's pretty much what it is, a Mach 1 with shelby GT350 brakes. Even has the front fender moldings. My dealer was right, the Mach 1 was gonna end in 2022 and that there would be something else to replace it.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The name is lame, but overall it looks great except for the rear. After seeing the official reveal + looking at the other S650's from different angles, (GT, and Ecoboost) the only one that stood out was the Dark Horse, the grille looks perfect on that one, and it's perfectly coherent with the front bumper. However, on the others the grille looked like dog shit. I'm glad I ordered a Mach 1 though, cause the S550 still looks better to me.
I actually found the base model the best looking one. The others look to "racer boy" for me.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
After seeing the car rolling I actually like it. The Dark Horse looks even better, but the name is kind of cheesy. Would rather they gave it something more traditional for the last gas generation. I think this new generation is going to be a success but I have no plans to trade mine in for one. I think the current generation still looks great and the interior will probably age better than that huge screen. Still in a few years nothing will compete with this car.

Funny how they gave the new generation a remote rev feature.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1/Camaro front end. Ass end is just yuck. Interior looks like a refresh Navigator. Every last single one of them will be >4000lbs.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes...
307098063_10160014990489844_2516645897182521147_n.jpg
306903652_10160014990494844_4015096209887222496_n.jpg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Can't wait to race a Dark Horse.
After all, the S650 is ok, not more, not less.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm trying so hard to like it ... but man. That badge looks underwhelming, even the name is lame. Dark horse? I can already hear it at car meets "Dork horse".

They could've really went out of the box but they played it safe. It looks more like a refresh than anything. The rear end looks like it's being pulled towards the middle. Ford needs to can it with their throwback shout outs? No one wants a retro stang anymore, it's played out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying so hard to like it ... but man.
The only 3 things I like so far is manual trans still there. the optional TR-3160 ratios & the twin throttle body.

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
The front end? Well maybe....it's not horrible but seriously generic.
Rear end? Horrible! Very squished....should be bigger, like the older gen. Also that plastic diffuser is too big and the raw plastic (with a shelf too!) that reminds me of the 2022 WRX.

Overall I feel like the Mustang has lost it's identity and looks much closer to a Camaro on this gen....

1631769929720.png

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Overall I'm disappointed it isn't really "all-new", except I'm pleasantly surprised they are at 480+ hp for the base GT. That's good they at least tried to get a few more hp out of it. Overall, the styling looks cool, just like the S550, except in photos and in video the rear lights look pretty awful. I feel like the design language is trying to evoke more muscle car than sports car - e.g., the full width horizontal lines on the front of the car is a muscle car trait (look at the Challenger). It's sort of a cross between them, I guess.

That reveal was really lame, though. Too much fluff and not enough meat. I thought the Chief engineer would talk details, but he was lame. He mentioned the steering and handling like this: "Let's talk about the steering and handling - it's next level" and mentioned the next gen magneride - but no details, no "meat" so to speak on any potential upgrades compared to the S550. That was about it, then talked about the gimmicky drift handle. I want to know if they updated the chassis. The fact they didn't say anything about the chassis means its probably exactly the same underneath the revised sheetmetal. I find it hard to accept a new gen car when the chassis is the same as the previous gen.

Ford "Nissan Z'd" it - except they did less than even the Nissan Z overall since the Z at least got an entirely new powertrain. The new Mustang looks like a refreshed S550, not a new gen.

I like the smoother doors, looks sort of like my Camaro ZL1's doors (copy cats). The rear squished taillights are awful in photos. The front is more boxy, more muscle car, I think it'll grow on me. The hood extractor is almost exactly like the Camaro SS, again, copy cats. The interior is almost good, except I wish the large screen was broken up into two separate screens, with an actual housing for the gauge cluster.

VroomVroom5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Aw hell they're still using the Getrag for the manuals and saved the Tremec for the dark horse. I hope it's at least a new MT82D variant.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
If I do it, I’d only get the DH. The front looks decent…the 550 ass looks way better. The DH is essentially a Mach 1 with GT350 brakes….I always felt with all the 350/500 parts on the Mach it should have gotten the brakes as well. I’m feel they didn’t do it and saved the brake upgrade for the DH 🤷🏼‍♂️

As I said earlier I’m really interested in the chassis. I have a feeling that anyone trading up might be able to save their nice suspension parts and possible transfer…that would actually be kind of nice and the aftermarket would have a head start.
Sponsored