Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford can fix all of this by removing dealers from the equation and set up shops all over the country
Actually all they have to do is rewrite their contracts with their dealers and include a no ADM clause. To give the clause teeth all they need to do is tie in backend dollars into it. Charge ADM lose your backend dollars. We did this for years in the consumer electronics industry (and it is still done).
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
maybe the ECU has the modes but there is no way to use eg. Forscan to trigger them. There may be a darker hack but I haven't seen it documented. On a 6MT car the modes are innocuous - it only changes early throttle pedal sensitivity and response gradient. If you have 10AT then it changes transmission behavior and fairly significantly.

I had 101A on my Eco with 6MT. I had a custom tune so the Ford pedal maps weren't particularly interesting and so spent most of the time in Normal. The active Exhaust setting though I changed regularly.

On an Eco with 10AT I think the modes are essential assuming the transmission behavior doesn't annoy you to the point you want to crash the F'N thing into a wall. Otherwise you HAVE TO have paddle shifters. Without them Normal on an Eco+10AT is as fun as a flaccid male member - completely uninspiring, well it was so back in '19. I haven't sampled a MY20/21 yet.

I desperately wish there was a way to retrofit paddle shifters to a car that's missing them.
Thatā€™s a lot of words, many of them are ā€œ10Aā€ and ā€œecoboostā€, neither of which apply to me. Soā€¦ yeah.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
If the size of the screen in your mustang is that big of an issue you bought the wrong car bud. I could give two shits less about the screen in the dashā€¦ get rid of it completely for all I care. If the screen is what youā€™re after the Jetta prolly has a big one
I'd rather the toss the screens all together and go back to a stand alone radio, and heating controls etc.
But that said, I'd expect a 37-43k car to have the equipment a 21k echo comes standard with.
I'd isn't ABOUT the screen, it is about the lack of features compared to other vehicles that cost the same coin.
I Guess this is lost on you, I can't help you there.
But the tiny screen tells buyers for starting a 37k we give you the bare min. that we can.
If Ford built a 2600 lb mustang with a a v8/a manual and front seats and steering wheel, a heater and nothing else.
I'd get on that thought train.
BUT . that isn't ever going to happen.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'd rather the toss the screens all together and go back to a stand alone radio, and heating controls etc.
But that said, I'd expect a 37-43k car to have the equipment a 21k echo comes standard with.
I'd isn't ABOUT the screen, it is about the lack of features compared to other vehicles that cost the same coin.
But the tiny screen tells buyers for starting a 37k we give you the bare min. that we can.
If Ford built a 2600 lb mustang with a a v8/a manual and front seats and steering wheel, a heater and nothing else.
The 21k eco doesnā€™t have a 460hp V8. Keep the big screen and features and give me more hp or better suspension. I donā€™t want features in a sports car, I want performance. If it had a 460hp V8 and all those features it would cost more, thatā€™s why the premium costs moreā€¦ but I guess that is lost on you?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure my tennies will stop a 2600lb car with no brakes...

But you are correct that the most basic car shouldn't be an outright embarrassment.

The difference between a coyote and 200hp 4 banger is no more than 5 grand.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 21k eco doesnā€™t have a 460hp V8. Keep the big screen and features and give me more hp or better suspension. I donā€™t want features in a sports car, I want performance. If it had a 460hp V8 and all those features it would cost more, thatā€™s why the premium costs moreā€¦ but I guess that is lost on you?
You understand the cost difference of a powerplant today isn't any different if it is a turbo4, a v6 or a n/a v8.
Go price the oem long blocks of any of them the v8 is a grand more if that, not 21k more that the base v8 mustang cost over the base eb .
Only reason for the higher price is BECAUSE THEY CAN.
And frankly to keep from producing 50-100k units of fuel guzzling v8 mustangs sending their fines even higher for the cafe .

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure my tennies will stop a 2600lb car with no brakes...

But you are correct that the most basic car shouldn't be an outright embarrassment.

The difference between a coyote and 200hp 4 banger is no more than 5 grand.
Brakes, we don't need no stink'n brakes where we're going.
The v8 long block is a grand more than a few other powerplants, and cheaper than more than a few, the days of a 4 or 6 costing a lot less to produce left the building a few decades agom when they started adding on the fly timing and all that highfeature tech to the smaller engines.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
You understand the cost difference of a powerplant today isn't any different if it is a turbo4, a v6 or a n/a v8.
Go price the oem long blocks of any of them the v8 is a grand more if that, not 21k more that the base v8 mustang cost over the base eb .
Only reason for the higher price is BECAUSE THEY CAN.
And frankly to keep from producing 50-100k units of fuel guzzling v8 mustangs sending their fines even higher for the cafe .
Are you saying that because a bare block is only $1k more for a V8 than a V4 that the completely assembled engines are worth only $1k more? Do you really not see the difference in a block and a fully built engine as far as cost to produceā€¦? Literally twice the parts and twice the man hours in laborā€¦

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
As for all the talk about screen size Ford should just make the Sync 3 touchscreen standard on all trims. Itā€™s dated anyways with Sync 4 out.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying that because a bare block is only $1k more for a V8 than a V4 that the completely assembled engines are worth only $1k more? Do you really not see the difference in a block and a fully built engine as far as cost to produceā€¦? Literally twice the parts and twice the man hours in laborā€¦
Final cost to the buyer , heck many 4 banger and 6's cost more than many v8's.
Reality isn't always fair.
Sponsored