Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
So by the numbers... almost 40% of the mustangs produced this month are unsold and sitting on the lots somewhere?

Year to date looks like 13000 mustangs are out there right now. Basically 20% of what was produced did not sell.

I have no idea if this is good or bad but thatā€™s a lot of unsold cars if you asked me. What are typical numbers for similar models? Any big incentives going on?

Interesting none the less. Again, I have no knowledge of whatā€™s good or bad but if I had 20% of my product left over and the last month was close to 40% left over, Iā€™d be wanting to wash my hands of it.
Given the unusual nature of the last 2 years, I bet it's an intentional buildup of inventory. Carrying inventory at 25% of prior year sales seems like a safe number to ensure they don't have a stockout. Anything could come up now that may cause a shutdown in the current climate, so it seems like a solid safety stock amount to be safe. Especially considering the 22MY is largely identical. The majority of car buyers won't care to wait for specific color options or trim levels that weren't offered in 21.
Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Just out of curiosity how much are they charging you for the vert. I am going to FL at the end of January and my ass is still hurting from the raping. Rental cars are stupid priced right now.
7 days for $650, but I prepaid. I used priceline. The cheapest option iirc was like $375 ish for compact, but I figured it's a vacation and it's OK to live a little.

It's funny because the priceline quote was literally half of what the avis website quote was, although again you do have to prepay for the reservation.

RedGT45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So by the numbers... almost 40% of the mustangs produced this month are unsold and sitting on the lots somewhere?

Year to date looks like 13000 mustangs are out there right now. Basically 20% of what was produced did not sell.

I have no idea if this is good or bad but thatā€™s a lot of unsold cars if you asked me. What are typical numbers for similar models? Any big incentives going on?

Interesting none the less. Again, I have no knowledge of whatā€™s good or bad but if I had 20% of my product left over and the last month was close to 40% left over, Iā€™d be wanting to wash my hands of it.
Your are assuming cars are sold in the month they are produced. I would imagine there is a several month delay between production and sale of a vehicle.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
So glad I ordered mine. Got exactly what I wanted and because of the pandemic I got it at invoice with 0% Ford financing. About the only time I ever lucked out buying a car because of timing.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Your are assuming cars are sold in the month they are produced. I would imagine there is a several month delay between production and sale of a vehicle.
absolutely. typically at least 2-4 months. Or in the case of one I'm looking at, an ENTIRE year it's sat on the lot.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I saw a Ford ad during Sunday Night Football, $1,000 bonus cash on retail orders. Ford is starting to push the custom order paradigm. This is fine by me, I have a 22 on order 4% below invoice, the $1k bonus cash is a nice bonus.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
very much doubt it. The Mustang as rental is history I think. Or 1000 units at most. If it was available to buy, Hertz et. al. would have snapped up everything they could get their hands on. As it is they were buying any random junk they could off the big clearing houses and paying $$$$$ for the privilege.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ff-the-line-this-week-and-2022s-start.169491/

In this thread, there is a discussion of Avis buying the first 200 2022 production Mustangs. So, I believe if Ford offered the rental companies a chance, they would buy whatever Mustangs are still around. Just speculating, of course

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
as far as the Mach 1 it s about 6000 out of the 65,000. ?

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
as far as the Mach 1 it s about 6000 out of the 65,000. ?

Since Mustang sales are off only 14.2% after all the supply chain problems, wouldn't you expect to see more of them on the lots? Heck, my Ford dealer has just about nothing except for a few box trucks!

CVCashmere

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
I find it interesting that heavy trucks and expeditions are the only growth items from 2021 to 2020.

People need their big trucks and their big SUVs. But there are so set on EV.

The Mustang Mach - e is growing on me, but not right now

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

I'm sure someone has pointed this out by now, but I'm too lazy to read the thread... I've seen this discussion before, and I don't think those production numbers mean that many are sitting on lots idle. The amount sold this month were probably produced last month and only arrived on dealer lots this month/late last month. Next month, we'll see numbers sold somewhere around what was produced this month.

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1

Until companies make back all the money they loss from last year and the so-called shortage ends, they will continue to add mark ups. Ford is the worse for incentives right now.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Makes no sense to add Mustang and Mach-E data.
Correction - makes no sense to add the MOCK-E data...it should be included with either Duracell's or the Energizer Rabbit's annual figures...

:crackup:
Sponsored