Ordering from a long distance dealer

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I'm negating with a dealer 150 miles from me on a Mach 1 factory order. They are quoting $61,500 on a Premium Mach 1 with auto, twister orange, painted magnetic wheels and the elite package out the door. There are dealers charging $2,500-$12,000 over MSRP here in central Virginia. So has anyone else done a long distance buy? They have emailed me a preview order form w/final number for me to sign and mail back. Then a credit card deposit of $1K. I have heard that ordering from a high volume dealer will get your delivery quicker? The one 150 miles from me is a top 3% dealer in US while one here local doesn't even have an allotment for a Mach 1. Do dealers have allotments on specific models? No allotment, no car?
Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm negating with a dealer 150 miles from me on a Mach 1 factory order. They are quoting $61,500 on a Premium Mach 1 with auto, twister orange, painted magnetic wheels and the elite package out the door. There are dealers charging $2,500-$12,000 over MSRP here in central Virginia. So has anyone else done a long distance buy? They have emailed me a preview order form w/final number for me to sign and mail back. Then a credit card deposit of $1K. I have heard that ordering from a high volume dealer will get your delivery quicker? The one 150 miles from me is a top 3% dealer in US while one here local doesn't even have an allotment for a Mach 1. Do dealers have allotments on specific models? No allotment, no car?
I dont know about long distance but I assure you allotment is quite a real thing. When I ordered my car, I ordered from a big dealership too. However, this dealership was not a big mustang dealership. They did high volume but on f-150s only. When I signed the deal, I asked them about my delivery date and I was informed that it is normally 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Then they would not tell me why I had not received a vin almost three months after I signed papers. When I went in to see the new vehicle sales manager, he explained to me that he did not have allocation for that month or the next two months. He got the allocation the third month and then my car got scheduled for production.
So my recommendation is to make sure that your dealer has allocation before you make the purchase.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I dont know about long distance but I assure you allotment is quite a real thing. When I ordered my car, I ordered from a big dealership too. However, this dealership was not a big mustang dealership. They did high volume but on f-150s only. When I signed the deal, I asked them about my delivery date and I was informed that it is normally 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Then they would not tell me why I had not received a vin almost three months after I signed papers. When I went in to see the new vehicle sales manager, he explained to me that he did not have allocation for that month or the next two months. He got the allocation the third month and then my car got scheduled for production.
So my recommendation is to make sure that your dealer has allocation before you make the purchase.
Great idea! I will definitely ask.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Depending on how they're ordered a Mach 1 is taking around 120 days. I can have it scheduled within 2 weeks. You should pay under MSRP.

P.C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1 Chassis M2290
Have Mach 1 ordered through Granger Ford. Right at 1100 miles from my house to Granger Iowa. Will fly there and enjoy a road trip back with my lady.. Saving about $4,000 off of MSRP. Ordered on Feb 9th, Ford estimate delivered to dealer April 30.
Sponsored