★ Quiet Down Your Interior in Seconds! - Blockit Pre Cut Sound Deadener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why? Cost for one thing. These mat requires a proprietary system to infuse each layer so there is no glue being used.
What?!? I just suggested to cut the thing straight, which probably costs less. And include the other piece separate. Or better yet, charge less for the sub one, and a little extra for the larger piece. The other piece doesn't have to be attached together. But whatever. I wouldn't get it like that, but hopefully I'm just a minority :).

As a side comment, at least my 2019 car has a pretty hefty pad attached to the bottom of the trunk cover, so that's probably why I don't hear that much noise from the trunk. I'm not going to add extra weight, and reduce trunk space unless it's needed, and right now, it's not. But yes, I'd love to quiet the road noise from the front first, then tackle the rear, if needed.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What?!? I just suggested to cut the thing straight, which probably costs less. And include the other piece separate. Or better yet, charge less for the sub one, and a little extra for the larger piece. The other piece doesn't have to be attached together. But whatever. I wouldn't get it like that, but hopefully I'm just a minority :).

As a side comment, at least my 2019 car has a pretty hefty pad attached to the bottom of the trunk cover, so that's probably why I don't hear that much noise from the trunk. I'm not going to add extra weight, and reduce trunk space unless it's needed, and right now, it's not. But yes, I'd love to quiet the road noise from the front first, then tackle the rear, if needed.
Imo the trunk has the least amount of sound deadening of the whole car, this would probably make a big difference if you have a loud exhaust

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette

Based on manufacturing and inventory, the way we cut the kit as one (rather than 2 pieces as you suggested) actually helps keep the cost down. Cutting it straight would not effect cost however we found it to be less effective as the "Dove tail" cut we do interlocks the two pieces like a puzzle. The mat fits great within the trunk but the interlocking helps prevent any separation.
As stated before, when the pieces are together, its hardly noticeable as shown in the picture below.
1400-10T-mat-arrow.jpg

But its in the trunk anyway! lol. So I can't see it mattering that much. But that just me. Even thought we do provide a textured top layer which actually looks nice, people buy this product for what it actually does and not what it looks like. But I hear ya, its not for you and thats cool too. Enjoy my friend.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I agree with Elp_jc, the jigsaw cut serves no purpose and makes for a very weird look when having a sub. Straight cut would improve this product a lot.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I agree with Elp_jc, the jigsaw cut serves no purpose and makes for a very weird look when having a sub. Straight cut would improve this product a lot.
They dove tail cuts actually do serve a purpose (explained above). For sub customers, there is also a perforated line. So if you have a sub and you cut it at the perf line, its straight across. Sorry if that is a deal breaker.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Do you have a close up picture of the perforated lines. I have a sub

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
Do you ship to Australia?

Sponsored

RK_NJL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Placed an order on 5 Jan. Do you still have the Block it mats in stock for 2019 with subwoofer?

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
hey there... just wondering what ever happed to the super duper air filter that you were going to make? , that thread has been closed to posts so I am asking here. thanks

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Any chance you might be extending the 10% off coupon?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.