Not open for further replies.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I received mine two weeks ago and have been meaning to leave a response on here.

This definitely helped out a lot. I have the stock active exhaust on my 18, but with a X pipe installed. Track mode you can hear a lot of the drone coming. After installing this piece it has helped quiet it down a lot and enjoy the exhaust with windows down but no drone! One other thing I noticed is that this piece absorbs a lot of vibrations that come from the rear as well. It makes the car much more enjoyable on long trips. I drive one hour each way for work, thanks to good ole Orlando traffic and this definitely helped make that more enjoyable.

Great product! If you are thinking about getting one, just pull the trigger and you won't regret it!

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I received mine two weeks ago and have been meaning to leave a response on here.

This definitely helped out a lot. I have the stock active exhaust on my 18, but with a X pipe installed. Track mode you can hear a lot of the drone coming. After installing this piece it has helped quiet it down a lot and enjoy the exhaust with windows down but no drone! One other thing I noticed is that this piece absorbs a lot of vibrations that come from the rear as well. It makes the car much more enjoyable on long trips. I drive one hour each way for work, thanks to good ole Orlando traffic and this definitely helped make that more enjoyable.

Great product! If you are thinking about getting one, just pull the trigger and you won't regret it!
Enzo
Thats awesome to hear. Glad your happy. Thank you for the positive comments, the time you took to post them and your business!

Ed

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered mine, can't wait. Convertible owner.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Those tabs are Dovetail locking tabs, I'd cut the dovetail out of the extra piece to fit the voids myself, but I don't have a sub. Nice product,thanks.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Hey gang,
Just a quick post to advise we are currently out of stock of the Blockit Quick & Quiet Mat. We blew out another batch of these rather quickly. We do have more coming in about 2 weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

I do thank you for all your business. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Hi everyone!
I apologize that its been so long since we have been on.
We have a lot of things underdevelopment. So unfortunately its pulled me away from carving out some time and cruising the forums. I hope everybody is safe & well.

We received some emails regarding the Blockit Sound deadening mats. In short, yes they are back in stock. Yes we will have that coupon working for you :like: If you have any questions please contact us directly sales@tkoperformance. PM's are great but as I explained, I might not be able to come on here and answer right away.

I hope everybody is safe & well. Take care!

Ed

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey OP, why not cut the smaller (no subwoofer) mat to size, and just add the extra piece for those without a sub? That zig-zag cut looks like crap even without sub, plus it leaves gaping holes with a sub. That alone is a deal-breaker for me, and it's not needed at all, so tell your supervisor that on the next batch just cut it to size. There's absolutely no need to have it attached the zig-zag way; the extra piece wouldn't go anywhere.

Finally, I also hear the great majority of road noise coming from the front, not the rear, so I don't want to make my already shallow trunk even shallower, at least not now. If I could quiet the front enough that I can hear the rear more, then I'd add something back there.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Hey OP, why not cut the smaller (no subwoofer) mat to size, and just add the extra piece for those without a sub? That zig-zag cut looks like crap even without sub, plus it leaves gaping holes with a sub. That alone is a deal-breaker for me, and it's not needed at all, so tell your supervisor that on the next batch just cut it to size. There's absolutely no need to have it attached the zig-zag way; the extra piece wouldn't go anywhere.

Why? Cost for one thing. These mat requires a proprietary system to infuse each layer so there is no glue being used. (glues don't hold as well and tend to have a toxic smell). Not to mentioned the Blockit is made in the US plus all the raw materials are from the US (not cheaper overseas materials) . So unfortunately we pay a little more for those attributes.
Since Im not going to cut back on quality, to help minimize cost the design we use works.
With the piece in place(non sub) , you can smooth it so the line is not that visible.

1400-10T-mat.jpg

If you correctly cut the the dove tails off (sub)you should not have multiple gaps. Regardless its a trunk. Who's going t see it? If your showing the car, then purchase an aftermarket mat which can cover the entire Blockit mat.

Finally, I also hear the great majority of road noise coming from the front, not the rear, so I don't want to make my already shallow trunk even shallower, at least not now. If I could quiet the front enough that I can hear the rear more, then I'd add something back there.
We find most people complaining about road noise from the rear. This is usually due to the hallow trunk resonating like a drum. Regardless its from behind which is where the Blockit mat addresses.

As for not wanting to make your "already shallow trunk even shallower..." The Blockit is only one inch However if you go to use your trunk, the Blockit compresses down to approx 1/8" of an inch. In the 12 years of selling these mats we have never heard anyone complain that there trunk or cargo space was deemed useless due to a loss of 1/8" of an inch"

But it sounds like this product is not for you. There are so many other products that help reduce sound and vibration. This is just a faster, easier, more unique way. Its not for everyone. Take care

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.