Sponsored

█ 15-16 Ford Mustang GT350 Style Front Bumper Conversion | Lips | Trunk Spoilers █

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
No problemo. The install isn't too bad. I just learned not try and tackle something like this late on a Sunday again. lol

A few notes:
*If you go pre-painted, be careful when putting the bumper on and installing the grills and such. Mine kinda rubbed off on the very tip of the corners where it mates up with the fender. This was right out of the box too. They were very well protected but they still managed to rub off easily. Also had a small area flake off when we installed the turn signal grills. Luckily I had some touchup paint. No, the consumer shouldn't have to worry about this but I want to be as open and honest with my experience.

My contact with Ikon did let me know when I first reached out, right after receiving the bumper, that they have been looking into the reported paint issues and is one of their top priorities to fix.

*My kit came with a few extra pieces and screws but I didn't use any of that. Looking at those extra pieces, it's possible they've had a few revisions since so there's no need for it any more. **This was confirmed by Ikon that you don't.
Sponsored

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That looks really really nice. Thanks for going to the trouble of taking and posting all of these pictures. The more I see this the more I think I want to go this way instead of fixing or replacing my factory bumper cover.

I've been trying to get a close look at the grill area near the turn signals. Is it open to the void underneath the headlights / in front of the wheel Wells?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I must have forgot to reply, apologies! But yes, behind the side grills, it is just open space.

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No worries at all, I appreciate the reply and all of the pics youve taken the time to upload.

I am trying to think about how this space could be either used, or blocked off.
The factory PP bumper has the air channel to create the air curtains over the wheels. How much it matters that that is missing on this is debatable, probably dosent do much of anything at all.
The actual GT350 has some coolers behind there.... or at least I think it does?
Maybe a train horn on each side would work out well.

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Awesome detailed writeup.

Really would love to replace my messed up factory bumper with this but it'll come out to almost $2k by the time conversion to Canadian dollars, shipping (I have a method that should be quite cheaper than through Ikon which is quoted $1k to ship to Canada), tax, duties and not to mention paint since I'd do it here. Maybe later on. Guess new OEM for now.

Looks too good!:cheers:

Waldo2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
How's color matching? Interested in a ruby red gt350 front bumper

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
How do we order and receive this pricing for the GT350 style front bumper?

Mpacheco36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Grey GT
Can't see this product on their site at all. Did they take it down to work on the paint issues perhaps? Or do you have to call directly to order? Seriously considering this but definitely want piece of mind.

Sponsored

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I believe I got their information over from their website. Shot em an email and got a response from a member of their sales team a few hours later and once I was ready to order they sent me a PayPal invoice. Here is their email. [email protected]

As far as paint I am not sure. I'll be looking at their GT350 rear bumper conversion here shortly and planned on reaching back out to them on that.

Mpacheco36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Grey GT
Just shot them an email. Hopefully I get a reply soon. I want this on my car within the next few months after I finish my suspension build

Mpacheco36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Grey GT
I believe I got their information over from their website. Shot em an email and got a response from a member of their sales team a few hours later and once I was ready to order they sent me a PayPal invoice. Here is their email. [email protected]

As far as paint I am not sure. I'll be looking at their GT350 rear bumper conversion here shortly and planned on reaching back out to them on that.
If you don't mind my asking how much did you pay for the painted option?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I believe it was $825.