KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
So I have a question.

The claim is that this saves "almost 30" pounds.

Yet, everything I see shows 21-24 ranges from people posting their weights.

What am I missing here?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
So I have a question.

The claim is that this saves "almost 30" pounds.

Yet, everything I see shows 21-24 ranges from people posting their weights.

What am I missing here?
Kmember with Steeda engine mounts and removal of underbody cladding will net about 30lbs. Front sway bar removal is even more.

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Idc about 4lbs as much as I care about $400 difference between Steeda VS BMR k member...someone want to shed light on that.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Idc about 4lbs as much as I care about $400 difference between Steeda VS BMR k member...someone want to shed light on that.
If cost stands between you and a properly designed structural component that supports your engine and front suspension, I'd recommend staying with the stock unit.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
As stated above, if you stick the subframe on a street car and leave it all stock the the weight savings are minimal. If you stick it on a car and change out some other parts while you are at it, the weight savings add up quick. To clarify, if you go adding all the crap it takes to mount all the factory belly pan, hoses, wiring, and fasteners. Not much weight comes off. If you find good solutions to mounting stuff, and removing stuff, it gets good quick. I would have to go look but with all my improvements I think I was in the 40lb camp.
20200109_223438.jpg
20200109_223346.jpg

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If cost stands between you and a properly designed structural component that supports your engine and front suspension, I'd recommend staying with the stock unit.
Unlike 90% of the people here, I’m familiar with building a car Right and not trying to nickel and dime everything only to complain about reliability but expect fast dependability. Just asking a simple question since they at first production appeared similar, are local in FL but big price difference. Would like to know where the difference is under the “drag” vs BMR since BMR has a very big market for “drag” components with the S550 some of which even they say isn’t needed but people buy the parts anyways. I can appreciate a company saying they make it but it’s really not needed as they did for toe links.

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
I cannot comment on the other offering, but having installed this one and using other parts from Steeda, I have acquired a liking for their components. The materials they use are top notch. And the fabrication is in-between medium to excellent, which for the price is saying alot. Looking at the subframe they are using metal with a high chromoly content, would be my guess as it yields very little and has a stiff rebound quality, like a hardened metal. The tubing looks to be drawn over mandrel not welded seam. I was all ready to add my own structural supports for road racing but after studying it for a week and running some of my own calculations I decided the subframe is more than adequate for what I am going to use it for. My professional opinion is it has more than enough structure for the dynamic chassis loading of the car at 3800lbs. The size and the bulk of the production piece leads me to believe it has requirements to be durable for crashes or unintended load spikes at 3800lbs. 1.5 inch .080 wall DOM in a lattice has 4 times the rotational resistance of the car's mass at 5 feet long and I think the subframe is shorter than that. There are many other factors like braking and impact loading and so on, but upon my inspection it is built extremely well and priced very competitively if you compare it to something similar like the stock subframe. As for the tie rod ends why would you say those are not needed? On a lowered track car they make a huge difference. Correcting the roll center on my steering made cornering a very comfortable affair and I rank it as one of my best upgrades. I am a huge cheap ass, and Steeda was not even on my radar until I ordered a set of LCA Bearings from them. While not originally my favorite design, when I put their metal to the test, it made me a fan and each additional piece after that has delivered the same value prop, and they are gaining favor with me, like a good brew lol

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Unlike 90% of the people here, I’m familiar with building a car Right and not trying to nickel and dime everything only to complain about reliability but expect fast dependability. Just asking a simple question since they at first production appeared similar, are local in FL but big price difference. Would like to know where the difference is under the “drag” vs BMR since BMR has a very big market for “drag” components with the S550 some of which even they say isn’t needed but people buy the parts anyways. I can appreciate a company saying they make it but it’s really not needed as they did for toe links.
You being among the few that build cars right, you can clearly see the design and cost differences. Just as with any part you purchase, consider your needs and budget. Superior construction or cost effective solution, both options are presented!

Sponsored

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’m not an engineer as the one who made the item. I see slight difference in design but still would like the insight of the people constructing it. Never hurts to ask where your money is being invested. Only reason I haven’t bought the BMR at half the price is because I don’t feel there’s enough info. Would like a full tubular setup without needing to do S197 items to make it work like Watson Racing but still considering that setup.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

I wanted to share Team Steeda's latest video with you
Steeda S550 GT/GT350 Mustang Drag Front K-Member, 555-5060

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

First & foremost - we would like to extend a huge congratulations to Nick Fosnaugh and his 2018 10R80 Supercharged Mustang GT!

With the help of Whipple Superchargers, Paramount Speed, Steeda, and more, Nick's car has been the talk of many across the Mustang community for being the first car to break into the 1.1X 60-foot range at the dragstrip.

Check out the full build sheet here - https://www.steeda.com/nick-fosnaughs-10r80-supercharged-gt

& ... yes, you guessed it, this impressive run was complimented by the Steeda Drag Racing K-Member!

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thanks for the write up! Can't wait to see how much farther we can take it.
Nick
Sponsored