Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
If you want to buy an EV car, then buy it because you like the way it performs or suits your transportation needs. Don't buy one if you think it will save the environment, because it won't. New cars may all be EV in the next 15-20 years (maybe). But It will be years and years before ICE powered vehicles are no longer on the road.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Nasty cost of an EV recall:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/tech/hyundai-ev-recall/index.html

LOL... I’m all for progression, but EVERYONE has to really start looking at the big picture regarding the long term impact of EV’s. I’m currently not seeing the cost savings OR environmental savings.

The other thing is - once an EV battery is depleted and has to be replaced - tell me what owner has the out of pocket cash to replace an EV battery AND at what point will EV batteries still be available for older EV platforms? Meaning, is an EV battery going to become just as obsolete as a throw away component as a mobile phone, tablet, computer or other device where the Manufacturer will no longer support it?
You are probably not to far off.

I wonder if the inventors and engineers that developed the combustion engine sat around the work table and speculated if what they were creating could cause problems to the environment. Probably not as they really did not know that everyone would be using one in the not too distant future. Even if they did, they probably figured someone would come up with a way to correct any environmental damage. Now FF to today....I wonder if the inventors and engineers of EV's sit around and speculate if what they are creating will cause problems with the environment. I believe they have and they know what they are doing will cause problems with the environment, but they also "know" that someone will correct any environmental damage. I really don't think they care as much as some people think or hope they do. They are really no different than anyone else. They are mostly thinking about how I can make a lot of money and move on to the next bright "it" thing. EV's will cause harm to the environment, just in some other way. I wonder if the environment and "climate change" will be able to handle whatever it may be? So to conclude, we better come up with something else other than battery powered EV's as it does not take a genius to know the environment is not going to be helped when millions of used batteries are tossed in a landfill. Just seems that the can is being kicked down the road. Not to mention that ICE cars are a small fraction of the overall carbon footprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.