Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Only 12.2% EVs. Don't make stuff up to suit your narrative.

They won't get to 20%. They can't. They don't have the electrical power production or distribution capacity.

I don't like or dislike EVs.
Firstly I CLEARLY stated EV and PHEV - both 'plug in', which comes to 17% - all of which require electricity from the grid.

Secondly, You CANNOT state 'They won't get to 20%. They can't. They don't have the electrical power production or distribution capacity.'

Where do you have the information to make such categorical statements about Norwegian power production, as if they are some irrefutable facts? I know that in the UK there has been a lot of work done on demand by people whose careers depend upon it and have the expertise to make such predictions and I very much suspect the Norwegians may just have thought about it too !

Considering your 'line in the sand' 20% is likely to be exceeded this year things are going to have to come to a shuddering halt very soon :cwl:
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
What's wrong with including hybrids to inflate the numbers? It's like reporting your income as the gross, rather than take home :crackup:
EV + PHEV - both are plug in. Both demand electricity from the grid. :like:

Hybrids excluded as self charging and independent from the electricity supply.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
That can be remedied.

Supplemental stiffening buys you more improvement when you're starting with a structure that isn't as rigid. I have a feeling that 10,000 ft*lbs/degree would be sufficiently stiff for a 2500-ish lb car on street tires and a suspension that was at least tolerable on typical roads.

My real point was that I'd be fine with a 1970's car as long as you threw a bit more power and better cornering capability at it. I wasn't trying to establish a complete set of design choices.

One of my 1970s cars, as modified, circa 1975. I'd still drive something like that, though these days I'd need to install A/C because I don't cope with summer heat nearly as well as I did back then.
Pinto3.jpg

Norm
Is that a Z28 ? An old friend had one of those back in the early 80's

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
EV + PHEV - both are plug in. Both demand electricity from the grid. :like:

Hybrids excluded as self charging and independent from the electricity supply.
I don't know if you noticed, but:

1. I've long since stopped giving a shit

2. This is an ice cream thread now

3. My wife picked up coffee ice cream today!

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Firstly I CLEARLY stated EV and PHEV - both 'plug in', which comes to 17% - all of which require electricity from the grid.

Secondly, You CANNOT state 'They won't get to 20%. They can't. They don't have the electrical power production or distribution capacity.'

Where do you have the information to make such categorical statements about Norwegian power production, as if they are some irrefutable facts? I know that in the UK there has been a lot of work done on demand by people whose careers depend upon it and have the expertise to make such predictions and I very much suspect the Norwegians may just have thought about it too !

Considering your 'line in the sand' 20% is likely to be exceeded this year things are going to have to come to a shuddering halt very soon :cwl:
PHEVs do not have to be plugged in to run. Those are purely vehicles meant to be used for tax purposes.

We've discussed ALL of this before. They've done nothing to increase their production or distribution capabilities.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't know if you noticed, but:

1. I've long since stopped giving a shit

2. This is an ice cream thread now

3. My wife picked up coffee ice cream today!
I know you don’t have Publix up there but if you did............

1614094948078.jpeg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
PHEVs do not have to be plugged in to run. Those are purely vehicles meant to be used for tax purposes.

We've discussed ALL of this before. They've done nothing to increase their production or distribution capabilities.
Complete and utter rubbish !

I own a PHEV - it gets plugged in regularly and does 90% of local journeys on electric. Once again NoVaGT speaks and knows better than somebody who actually owns a PHEV. Priceless.

I suggest you give Norway an urgent call because they must have missed this crucial point - lucky you spotted it. I hear the hold music is really good. :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I own a PHEV - it gets plugged in regularly and does 90% of local journeys on electric. Once again NoVaGT speaks and knows better than somebody who actually owns a PHEV. Priceless.

I suggest you give Norway an urgent call because they must have missed this crucial point - lucky you spotted it. I hear the hold music is really good. :cwl::cwl::cwl:
Ice cream, Greg, ice cream. Get with the program. :giggle: :like: :clap:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Please share the model of your PHEV. The one that has to be plugged in to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.