Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I didn't say without stopping. Stopping for five minutes to fill up doesn't count.
In one go means without having to spend the night halfway through the journey, nor to go for a two hour walk or visit a museum while the car is charging - only to gain 40% more range during that time.
Covered off before but rapid charging is much better than that. Tesla are currently introducing rates of 1000 miles per hour charge rates - so a 20 minute stop would give you 300 miles. If you left home fully charged you would need to stop once for 20 minutes to complete the journey.

Driving for 10 hours with only a 5 minute break isn't my idea of fun. You still need to drink, eat and perform bodily functions even if the car doesn't ! I would suggest that is a pretty extreme journey.
Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
What ICE coupe with 450PS could you buy for $50k other than a Mustang ? (OK other US equivalents if LHD) Probably you will have to wait for a hybrid / EV Mustang coupe.

Mustang can't do 600 miles without stopping !
Your mustang can’t do 700 miles in one go either...
Sure, but that's one fill at any gas station in any direction, along any route. One three minute fill against at least one 40 minute charge. That's assuming you can get to a Supercharger. If not, I'll see you there tomorrow at "normal" charging speeds. Once fast charging networks are rolled out on par with gas stations, I agree with you up until the total trip time. When I'm roadtripping, making good time is part of the fun for me. Leaving at odd hours to beat traffic patterns, taking alternate routes, driving like a bat out of hell, that's my happy place. On a 700 mile trip, my wife and I will stop once, for at most 15 minutes to fill up and grab a snack. adding 30 minutes to that...unacceptable. I've got to beat the GPS time estimate :cwl:

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I didn't say without stopping. Stopping for five minutes to fill up doesn't count.
In one go means without having to spend the night halfway through the journey, nor to go for a two hour walk or visit a museum while the car is charging - only to gain 40% more range during that time.
Likely two 5 min stops vs two 15 min stops..... Such a large time savings.... Again with the misconceptions. It doesn’t take that long at a fast charger and you don’t need a full 0-100% to complete the trip.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If you happen to have a fast charger at the next gas station on your route. And how much range do you gain in 15 minutes of fast charging?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Likely two 5 min stops vs two 15 min stops..... Such a large time savings.... Again with the misconceptions. It doesn’t take that long at a fast charger and you don’t need a full 0-100% to complete the trip.
Move on Zack, move on. Ice cream, pick you flavor.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
@Mikthehun1 GPS also known as "time to beat". I'm the same. I leave work and my phone tells me I'm 30 minutes from home. I make it there in 25ish, part of the game.

Chocolate make me poop so can't have any form of it. Vanilla is my go to for the last 20 years because of this. Never been a fruity sweets guy. Caramel or butterscotch on that vanilla for the win!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.