Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
No more ICE Mustangs by 2028?? Won't happen!!

1) Next generation Mustang will be available in 2022 as 2023 MY. It will have a run of at least 8 years. 2) V8 engine (6.2 liter) and Ecoboost engines will be offered.
3) Hybrid and AWD options will also be available. 4) We'll probably see an all electric Mustang coupe sold along side the ICE models at some point during the next generation.
Four final points. 1) Battery technology is evolving and we won't know exactly where it will be by 2028. 2) By 2028, will the U.S. have an electrical grid large enough to support an all electric fleet. Can we generate enough electricity for our homes and charge our electric vehicles? Today, we don't have the capacity. 3) Like everything else, there has to be a market that wants to buy an electric mustang for it to succeed. 4) Current costs for the Mach-e puts it out of reach for many consumers. Price has always been selling point for Mustang - a performance car for a affordable price.
Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree with you Ace. S650 will definitely have ICE and likely hybrid options.........S750/8th Gen is where we'll see the EV.

As for the source, this is why it's odd they're call this the "next gen in 2028". The source is Auto Forecast Solutions and their job is to forecast who's going to be build what/where/when. So they're a solid source but I think something isn't being reported correctly as we know........or at least we think we know, S650 is coming next year!!

https://www.autoforecastsolutions.com/
I know you're fairly spot on with a lot of things, but with the Mach E released this year, I'd have to assume we will definitely see an EV Mustang Coupe sometime in the S650 generation. Most definitely agree on the hybrid, but I'd assume the EV may come toward the end of the generation as a prelude to Gen8.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know you're fairly spot on with a lot of things, but with the Mach E released this year, I'd have to assume we will definitely see an EV Mustang Coupe sometime in the S650 generation. Most definitely agree on the hybrid, but I'd assume the EV may come toward the end of the generation as a prelude to Gen8.
It's possible we'll see a full EV for S650, but it'll be a lot easier to implement the EV architecture into a car designed for it from the start, ie S750. It'll be a complicated compromise to try and build an EV S650 when it's been designed primarily for ICE :)

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't race, so I don't get gapped. im the slowest driver on the forum, my decisions for wanting things are based on what I want. Lol not because someone in a 1000 hp car passes me. but im sure there are people who would be like oh hell no. brb ordering 1100 hp engine
I'm pretty sure I'M the slowest driver on the forum. Passed by hot-rodding Prius' and subcompacts every day!

Back on topic I'm at the point where my Ecoboost seems too quiet at times, to the point I almost only start it up in Quiet Mode before switching to Normal or Sport. That said, I hope when/if they go full EV for the Mustang, that it doesn't have rattle noise from fit and finish issues inside. As I said before, maybe go Gran Turismo and include an "Active Engine Sound" option that lets you choose what your EV Mustang sounds like inside (i.e. Lincoln/Mercury for Quiet, EcoBoost (I4/V6 for Normal), GT (V8) for Sport, and Shelby (Voodoo/Predator) for Track).

(I wonder if the S650 or S750 will get more "ala carte" customization like the F150...)

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ford motor company doesn’t know what die they’re going to run on a line in 3 weeks and these fools are telling you about the 2028 model year

yeah okay 👌

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, you all know what comes after EV mining has been depleted and has polluted the planet’s landfills....

“GRB” powered vehicles. These will be vehicles with Gigantic Rubber Bands where the owner will have to twist the GRB to max tension in order to propel themselves down the road.

Be prepared for the future of the GRB “whoooooosh”.

:crackup:

vbondjr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mustang GT
There is a part of me that is truly bothered by the thought of electric vehicles, but then again, there's a part of me that isn't. On one side, I'm a traditionalist but as tradition has taught us, change is inevitable. While I would prefer a Factory Paxton Supercharged 1967 Shelby GT350 producing 390hp from the 289HiPO V8, Electric performance is beginning to take shape and if done properly it may not be that bad. I will say this, the Mach E, as it stands, should not be called a Mustang for several reasons. Now I understand that the Mustang is supposed to become a sub-brand for Ford Performance so I expect (and Hope) Ford will do what they did with the Falcon to the Mustang. If Ford is going to do something like that I would love to see a coupe, convertible, shooting brake, sedan, mini-truck and a Crossover. However What they did with the Mach E doesn't cut it. I can appreciate it's styling cues and I actually think the headlights and taillights of the vehicle are very nice but it ends there. I could see the Electric-generation of mustangs taking on a new interpretation of the SN95 (94-98) Body style with cues of the Mach E present in a larger BMW 8-series sized vehicle. DCT units are being tested and built for electric cars which will give the more range and a better driving feel. The other thing is sound and customization. People who buy cars like the Mustang, and soon coming Corvette family of electric performance vehicles from GM want their cars to be their own. These vehicles are bought based on the connection the owners have to them and that's something that should be delivered. If this is the direction that cars are going, then these are the things that need to happen.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
What's going to happen with Ford Performance collaboration with Borla exhaust? And how do you mod an EV exhaust. Fake exhaust noise?

Sponsored

mainemaine89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jermaine
Vehicle(s)
boss 302
with all these ev vehicles coming the drag strip will no longer be any fun

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
The best part will be when you forget why you told the car to take you there :crackup:
:crackup: :crackup: Shit, Brother....this already happens when I'm driving myself!
I'm hoping the autonomous car will tell me what to do once it gets me to the destination...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
well the future is here and when you get gapped by a mach E GT electric we will reconsider getting an electric car.
The thing about the future is it's never quite here. It's out of reach. Please go ahead and tell me when the future actually is here.

There's nothing wrong with wanting an electric car. I don't, but there's nothing wrong with it. I won't street race, but I'd love to see a Mach E on the road course the next time I'm there. And I hope if/when they make hybrid and all electric Mustangs that they are a lot of fun to drive.

An electric Mustang probably won't have a manual transmission, so I'm out, plus no V8 means I'm doubly out, but hopefully they are fun for people who don't care about either a V8 or a manual transmission.

Regarding autonomous vehicles, I think Jeremy Clarksom summed it up pretty well. The creator of an autonomous car should take it to Bolivia and drive it down the Death Road in full auto mode, while he isn't allowed to touch any of the controls. If he arrives at the other end of the road with no poo in his pants, then I'll buy it.
I'd want to see it drive through some blizzards, ice storms and snow filled country roads out on the mid-western prairies as well.

I do not think anyone would dispute a “mustang forum” being upset, reluctant , or resistant to change from a gas v8 to electric. lol. I’m not saying I like it, but guess what? Your future mustang will be electric! Fact.
He doesn't have to buy one. Yes an electric Mustang may be offered for sale. Some of us WON'T be interested in buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.