Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Ok. The next generation Mustang will use the Explorer platform. My question is why do this. Just make a 2 door coupe based on the Mach e. I think the answer is that the next generation Mustang will not be all electric. It will continue with ICE, as well as a hybrid, AWD, and BEV models. I don't expect all BEVs until at least 2035 and that date could change.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You should really buy a motorcycle if you are all about straight line acceleration. They produce a lot more acceleration than a car. Plus they are relatively cheap. If I were really into acceleration as a high priority I'd still own one. Even slow motorcycles like my old Vulcan 1500 will give you that queasy inner ear feeling of disorientation.

Cars don't compare.
Recently I made the mistake of looking at, and sitting on, a new Ducati Streetfighter V4. Since I've been repeatedly telling myself I don't need a fifth motorcycle.....but that level of performance for ~$20K is tantalizing.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Was going to post that I read the news recently too, seems somewhat strange that they'd run the same generation (despite a refresh) for another 7 years. But, I guess Dodge's been doing it and they do alright.

I am sad to see that manual transmissions will soon be thing of the past. Never planned on selling my Bullitt, won't ever now I think.

Future is coming, but I'm curious to see if battery production and charger network is going to be able to sustain growth in EV and if it gets more enviro friendly (yes, I know my V8 isn't much better).

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ok. The next generation Mustang will use the Explorer platform. My question is why do this. Just make a 2 door coupe based on the Mach e. I think the answer is that the next generation Mustang will not be all electric. It will continue with ICE, as well as a hybrid, AWD, and BEV models. I don't expect all BEVs until at least 2035 and that date could change.
No......S650 will be an evolution of S550, still utilising an updated version of the current D2C platform. The development on all other CD6 vehicles (including the "original" S650) was cancelled after Explorer/Aviator. S650 then became a heavy refresh of the current D2C platform.

So, yes, the next generation (S650) in 2022 will continue with ICE engines, and likely a hybrid, despite what Auto Forecast Solutions have reported in the original post :)

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
My Bmw is way faster than my mustang. It’s better built. And it easily bores me.
My mustang sounds good, feels good and is generally a way more fun car.
I mean most of us on this forum buy cars for pure passion.
I could be wrong as I have never been near a EV, but would think a real petrolhead wold only buy a EV for transport.
I say that Ford is making a big mistake if they think people are going to want EV cars. But hey, what do I know ......
Only time will tell

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Bmw is way faster than my mustang. It’s better built. And it easily bores me.
My mustang sounds good, feels good and is generally a way more fun car.
I mean most of us on this forum buy cars for pure passion.
I could be wrong as I have never been near a EV, but would think a real petrolhead wold only buy a EV for transport.
I say that Ford is making a big mistake if they think people are going to want EV cars. But hey, what do I know ......
Only time will tell
I'm kind of in agreement with you. I have gotten a '19 Bullitt in Feb last year as my daily, but fun/enjoyment/uniqueness was a must, so it had to be a manual (have never owned autos), the exhaust note is fantastic, as a European the Mustang heritage is awesome and the Bullitt is unique enough.

Wife drives a Niro, a hybrid. Far from EV, but it does go in EV mode sometimes for short period of times. The only time in this car I have fun or enjoy it is if I play a little game with myself seeing how long I can go on EV only. Any other time it's a boring commuter. Which is fine. For a hybrid. That's why wife got it. But not for a Mustang.

By the way, every time we switch cars (I offer her to take the Bullitt to work as often as she wants), she messages me upon arrival to work that "babe I go fast" or "I go vroom" and that the DEA agents that work in her building all always drool over the car. You can't get that feeling with other/EV cars. She's not even a car enthusiast, just has to put up with me. :)

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
I'm kind of in agreement with you. I have gotten a '19 Bullitt in Feb last year as my daily, but fun/enjoyment/uniqueness was a must, so it had to be a manual (have never owned autos), the exhaust note is fantastic, as a European the Mustang heritage is awesome and the Bullitt is unique enough.

Wife drives a Niro, a hybrid. Far from EV, but it does go in EV mode sometimes for short period of times. The only time in this car I have fun or enjoy it is if I play a little game with myself seeing how long I can go on EV only. Any other time it's a boring commuter. Which is fine. For a hybrid. That's why wife got it. But not for a Mustang.

By the way, every time we switch cars (I offer her to take the Bullitt to work as often as she wants), she messages me upon arrival to work that "babe I go fast" or "I go vroom" and that the DEA agents that work in her building all always drool over the car. You can't get that feeling with other/EV cars. She's not even a car enthusiast, just has to put up with me. :)
I think that Kia is boring because it's a KUV, not because it's an EV/hybrid.

If she rolled up in one of these, those DEA agents would be creaming their pants.

s3-1574195742.jpg

For the record, I'm against EV's right now. Battery tech, the infrastructure, etc aren't there yet. I don't have any hang-ups about them being boring though. Unless they pipe fake engine noise into the cabin. That shit is unacceptable :crackup:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think that Kia is boring because it's a KUV, not because it's an EV/hybrid.

If she rolled up in one of these, those DEA agents would be creaming their pants.

s3-1574195742.jpg

For the record, I'm against EV's right now. Battery tech, the infrastructure, etc aren't there yet. I don't have any hang-ups about them being boring though. Unless they pipe fake engine noise into the cabin. That shit is unacceptable :crackup:
Well, if she'd roll up in that ride, she'd immediately be subject to investigation, because drug involvement would be the only way I could afford that.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Misses the whole point of driving a sports car. Yes, it's partly about the car. But it's also roughly equal parts driver, and an EV is going to refine a lot of the driver's involvement out. Zero to 60 in the threes, or twos, is strictly drag racing (and will presumably involve the electronics more than it does the driver). Where's the satisfaction for the driver? Traded away for bragging rights?

No thanks, and FWIW I'd want my DD to be nearly as much fun to drive as the toy/occasional track day car.

Norm
And what exactly involves the driver when launching an automatic right now? Modern cars all pretty much rely on a good launch assist and the driver only has to get the right feeling far they can push the pedal before wheelspin.

Instant Torque of electric cars is insanely fun. Good cornering is fun and also a thing that pure EVs can do pretty good with their low center of gravity.

I had the chance to be passenger in the lower Mach-E model and the accleration is amazing. It's a completely other thing than a V8 that needs high RPMs to be fun. That is pretty much why I don't really like the Coyote that much, because below 3,500 RPM it does not feel like a 400+ hp car.

I am still looking forward to buying a new V8 car this year, most likely the C8. But I am absolutely sure for all the people who drive a more boring engine for their daily (3 or 4 cyl turbos, v6, etc) the pure fun will be much higher in an electric car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Autoline Daily reporting on the "next gen" Mustang again.

They're still claiming the "next gen" won't appear until 2028..........and when it does it'll be EV only!

4m 30secs

http://www.autoline.tv/?fbclid=IwAR2gQpzXHe-v6GAdRafFKcNDF2aY3dZDOM2qYKVwK_sIp0YDKovaUpiTRVw

Something definitely doesn't add up though........S650 should be here in under 2 years ('23MY in 2022).......so why do Autoline daily think we won't see anything new until 2028? The EV bit? I can actually believe that, sadly.
Get your IC 5.0 now before it's too late. It'll end up being a great investment that you can enjoy in the moment. New IC engines will soon be banned and the older cars will be grandfathered in. Take care of them.

Autoline Daily reporting on the "next gen" Mustang again.

They're still claiming the "next gen" won't appear until 2028..........and when it does it'll be EV only!

4m 30secs

http://www.autoline.tv/?fbclid=IwAR2gQpzXHe-v6GAdRafFKcNDF2aY3dZDOM2qYKVwK_sIp0YDKovaUpiTRVw

Something definitely doesn't add up though........S650 should be here in under 2 years ('23MY in 2022).......so why do Autoline daily think we won't see anything new until 2028? The EV bit? I can actually believe that, sadly.
It'll happen sooner than 2028 unless Ford wants to be left in the dust. Get your IC 5.0 Coyote now before its too late. It'll end up being a great investment when IC engines are eventually banned. They'll be grandfathered in and explode in value. Having said that, we all know there's nothing like the sound and feel and smell of a naturally aspirated 5.0. Have you ever cold started a Tesla? point proven.

Also: Invest heavily in EV's, its our near future and it can't be stopped.

Related: Never use quiet mode, it's bad manners to do such a thing to the pony emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.