“Everything has been said…”

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hilarious! Actually, entire car is covered with SunTek PPF. Was thinking to myself, "I've always been worried about bug splatter and bird droppings ruining the clear bra...now this..." LOL.

First thing I did when I got home was to spray off the wheel wells...in the rain...

First hand view of cow agility...what could possibly go wrong...?

[ame]
Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Driving the roads of Fränkische Schweiz ("Franconian Switzerland"--Actually north eastern Bavaria, Germany) rivals driving the Black Forest. Also, FS is known for having the highest concentration of breweries in Germany. The highest of the high is in Aufseßer. Population = 1500. Breweries = 4.

http://www.guide-to-bavaria.com/en/Franconian-Switzerland-Vacation-Travel.html

Frankisch Schweitz Map.gif
Lived in Bamberg as a boy and graduated HS in Ansbach. Spent 9 years total in Germany and loved it. Would love to go back but my German born wife refuses to leave Florida.

Thanks for all the pics and trip reports. Very nice, lots of memories.

If you ever have the time for a short vacation, try getting down to northern Italy. Beautiful, fun area and the drive through Austria is very nice.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Lived in Bamberg as a boy and graduated HS in Ansbach. Spent 9 years total in Germany and loved it. Would love to go back but my German born wife refuses to leave Florida.

If you ever have the time for a short vacation, try getting down to northern Italy. Beautiful, fun area and the drive through Austria is very nice.
Thanks.

Have driven pretty much all of Europe. Been lucky enough to have lived on every continent (besides Australia and Antarctica). Past 13 years has been split between Germany and Switzerland, with constant travel elsewhere. Wouldn't trade the driving (or bicycling) experiences for the world.

Hope you are able to con the wife to come back over for a while.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Beautiful.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What cooler kit are you getting installed? Did you hire someone or DIY? Where did you purchase kit?
Mix. With the help of many who posted here, [MENTION=18362]Side_Pce[/MENTION] , [MENTION=26409]User5.2[/MENTION], [MENTION=26111]1Voodoo[/MENTION] and many others, I put together a mixture of OEM and aftermarket parts.

My initial plan was to install myself, but my schedule was crushed, so julio (another member here) introduced me to a very user-friendly shop that specializes in high end track modifications. I decided to go with them. They did the install using (most of) my parts, along with a thermo switch that kicks in at 80°C.

Only regret is that I bought all the parts during late winter, before meeting and talking to them. Result--ended up with a handful of parts that I didn't use. The most painful were the forward cooler hoses. They tried to use them but determined a better way to plumb--hoses destroyed. All in all worked out well though.

One more minor regret. Although I was involved in the install, I didn't participate step by step. So, for the first time, I have something on my car that I can't completely visualize. Minor, and I'll check it all out in detail when I get around to installing a new splitter, which I will probably do mid-summer.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

Thanks. Is it possible you can post your parts list? Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great work man. Tech pack pride is strong!
Thanks. Will never be thrilled about having to add a cooler considering I don't track often or hard, but I gotta work with what I have...or miss all the fun. Now if we can just Chris to lower the price a bit on that CF wing! :frusty: :D

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks. Is it possible you can post your parts list? Thanks.
Absolutely. Be careful though. As I mentioned, there were several parts that I didn't use, because of the way the plumbing and wiring went (no forward lines and no toggle switch). Nor does this account for fittings, thermoswitch, etc that were actually used. So, I'll include the main threads I read over and over and shamelessly plagiarized as I prepped. I think you've seen them all too. Also, my goal, like several other folks here, was to make the install 100% reversable, as in no holes drilled, etc.

OEM
- FR3Z-7A095-E Cooler
- FR3Z-8310-F Air Deflector
- FR3Z-7D388-A Bracket for Radiator
- FR3Z-7B147-A Bracket
- W709390-S439 Bolt, body to cooler
- W709390-S439 Bolt, body to bracket
- W503293-S439 Bolt, cooler to fender
- W711390-S450B Bolt, bracket to cooler (2)
- W520803-S439 Nut, hex
- 8C3Z-7Z465-A Latch

Aftermarket (all except pump are from Summit Racing)
- RBRacing 03-1034 Oil pump, 2 GPM
- 40/30 AMP 12V DC 5-PIN Automotive Waterproof Relay Switch Set
- 7.5 amp fuse and fuse holder
- Stainless mounting bolts (probably not needed, since no holes will be drilled)
- (2) AN-8 fittings for pump
- Braided Stainless Steel Hose, -8 AN, 20 ft (6M)
- (2) Fitting, Hose End, AQP/StartLite Hose, 90 Degree, -8 AN Hose to Female -8 AN
- (2) Fitting, Straight, -8 AN Male to 1/2
- (2) Fitting, Straight, -8 AN Male to 1/2 in. NPT Male, Aluminum, Black Anodized
- (2) Fitting, Hose End, Tube Adapter, Straight, Male -8 AN Hose to 1/2 in. Tubing, Aluminum, Black

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91660&highlight=transmission+cooler
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89013
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1799632#post1799632

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Birthplace of the Focus RS.

Always in too much of a hurry or too much traffic at the plant to stop and take a picture.

Finally, took the time to do it...plant being closed on Sunday helped.

Ford  DE.jpg

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
nice pics Caballus. I didn't know the Focus RS was built there. :ford:
Sponsored