Sponsored

ATTENTION ALL - MUSTANG6G SOFTWARE MIGRATION THIS WEEKEND!!! - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Dear Mustang6G Members,

We are very excited to announce that Mustang6G.com will be undergoing a HUGE upgrade starting this Saturday, July 21 at 2:00AM Eastern Time. The site will be down anywhere from 6-12 hours.

At that time, we will be transitioning from the outdated vBulletin software we currently run to Xenforo!

Many of you may already be familiar with Xenforo as its adoption by online forums has become widespread. If you are, you likely already know that it provides a much more modern interface combined with very practical and user friendly features.

Here is a list of the features and content that will and will not change.

What will be ported over?
  • User accounts & logins
  • Posts and post counts
  • User Profiles (join date, location, vehicle, etc.)
  • User albums
  • Signatures
  • Private messages
  • Subscribed threads
  • Follow (fiends) list and Ignore list
  • "Thanks" (will be converted to "Likes" and the count is retained)
  • iTrader (will be different name, same function)
  • WIKI
  • MOTM

What will be lost?
  • calendar events
  • social groups
  • garage
  • tagging statistics
  • thread ratings
  • user titles

**We ask that everyone please take the necessary steps to save/prepare for the loss of the above features and content**

We really think you will love the look, feel and new features of the new site. Here's a list of all the upgrades (some will be added a few days after the port has completed).

Improvements on the new Xenforo software:
  • New styling, more robust user interface, user preferences and settings
  • Improved mobile version (*we also have a standalone App on the way)
  • Alert system (optional) for when you are mentioned/followed, your posts are liked, quoted, replied, PM received, etc.
  • All new and improved Garage feature with commenting feature (***Note: If you have a Garage profile, it will NOT be ported over so be sure to save your Garage details and images so you can easily create a new profile in new Garage software.)
  • Automatic saving of post drafts so you do not lose a post while composing
  • Drag-drop uploading/attaching of files
  • Batch select/attach multiple files to posts
  • No more image size upload limitations
  • True WYSIWYG post editor
  • Weekly email digest showing most popular threads for the week
  • Improved search function
  • Ability to search in private messages
  • Bookmark posts, garages, media
  • Facebook/Instagram/Twitter links are automatically embedded in posts
  • Sponsor directory
  • Optional dark theme

We’ve done our best to cover all of the bases, but with a data move this size there are always complications so we ask for your patience in the coming weeks as we smooth things out. I'll post up additional items or issues if I missed any.

Please use this thread to post any questions or concerns you have and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks and we can't wait to show you our new look come Saturday!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Jarstang, can you link us to a forum that's running Xenforo 1.5??

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I hope if they're doing a big upgrade they're going to go all the way with the latest stable version (2) instead of 1.5.

I found this list, apparently IGN runs on it. If you want something somewhat relevant to our interests, the last one on the list is V6mustang.com.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Good news. Change is good. I was a fan of material design that Google implemented on Android and their apps. Something different is refreshing

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Will “Thanks” given and received carry over?
"Thanks" will carry over as "Likes" and your counts will be preserved. The # of Thanks you've received will be displayed, but not the # given.

I hope if they're doing a big upgrade they're going to go all the way with the latest stable version (2) instead of 1.5.
The latest Xenforo v1.5 version is as stable as v2, but there are many more add-ons available for it which accomplishes what we want and provides users a better experience overall. Down the line, we will upgrade to v2 as its add-ons market develops. :thumbsup:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Errk, it's pretty skinny. There's a lot of empty real estate either side of the post body.

Edit: IGN different layout. Cool, see what we get I guess. Hey, is a dark forum skin an option?? Charcoal maybe?
Worry not, it's M6G. Dodge Challenger ads will completely fill up any white space.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
How do I save my thread subscriptions and notification settings?? As well as all the other stuff that will be lost.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
How do I save my thread subscriptions and notification settings?? As well as all the other stuff that will be lost.

You could screenshot your subs list and manually sub again after the port.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We're working on preserving thread subscriptions, so hopefully those will carry over as well. If we're successful in doing so, you'll continue to receive notifications for those threads.

You could screenshot your subs list and manually sub again after the port.
Good idea. We'll update here whether we're able to transfer over thread subscriptions or not. Please keep checking back for an announcement so in case we're not able to, you can copy/screenshot your subscription list. But, you may want to do so in the meantime, just in case!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Worry not, it's M6G. Dodge Challenger ads will completely fill up any white space.
We know what someone has been looking at recently...

It's okay, my current ads are for a Jeep Wrangler :thumbsup:
Sponsored