Sponsored

Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I installed the rear sway bar, then after a couple months installed the front sway bar. Yes, it made more of a difference, but with all the other suspension items that I put on, the front sway bar added to the combination of all those things. I knew I didn't want just a 1/4 mile car (not that there is anything wrong with that), I wanted an all around more powerful, better handling car for turns and twisties. And I can tell you, there is literally NO body roll, NO NVH anywhere, and handles like I'm Velcroed to the road. I'm also running 285/35's on the front and 315/35's in back. Continental Extreme Contact Sport's.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am building an R/T pony myself, and will do the rear bar 1st. myself. Thanks for all the input here. BMR and Steeda have my subframe rigid now. Working on the "roll" now.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
From all the sway bars I had in market 4 different brands steeda was far the best.

Wish I had the steeda on my Shelby instead of frpp so I could upgrade my bushing.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My settings on Steeda bars (typically):

Street --
Rear: middle setting
Front: soft setting

HPDE --
Rear: middle or firmest setting depending on what the car feels like that day (in terms of back end grip/oversteer)
Front: 3rd setting (aka, second from firmest)

Steeda has suggested to me a few times to run my street settings on track now that I have their Dual Rate Comp springs, which I did a few times last year and found that I wasn't body rolling much at all even on softer settings (evidenced in pictures, too). I simply prefer to have a very stiff car on track. I've found the stiffest setting on the front bar is probably only appropriate for a true square sticky tire scenario, as I think it was design to bias slightly toward understeer, which is a preference of many drivers.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have Steeda's progressive springs and pro-action non-adjustable shocks and struts.

I want a very aggressive handling ride on the road. I will track the car from time to time and hit the drag strip some.

Does anyone have a similar set-up and if so, what holes did y'all use?

Not my DD. Purely a fun weekend car and some road trips car is the duty for my GT.

I had something come up this weekend so no installation this weekend. Next weekend hopefully.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Aggressive and progressive don't go together. You need linear. Get the koni or steeda adjustable with bmr handling.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have Steeda's progressive springs and pro-action non-adjustable shocks and struts.

I want a very aggressive handling ride on the road. I will track the car from time to time and hit the drag strip some.

Does anyone have a similar set-up and if so, what holes did y'all use?

Not my DD. Purely a fun weekend car and some road trips car is the duty for my GT.

I had something come up this weekend so no installation this weekend. Next weekend hopefully.

Thanks in advance.
We have tracked the Steeda Progressive springs with the Pro-action shocks with outstanding results at Sebring. This a great all around setup.

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have tracked the Steeda Progressive springs with the Pro-action shocks with outstanding results at Sebring. This a great all around setup.

Steeda Tech

Thanks. Any suggestions on what holes to use on the front and rear sway bars?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks. Any suggestions on what holes to use on the front and rear sway bars?
Front bar, second hole in from end. Rear bar middle setting.

Steeda Tech

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
My results from the Steeda bars.
This was on a concrete runway, so asphalt should be better.

35636345411_665e85f25a_c.jpg
20170309_105407 by chefjpd, on Flickr

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Steed front sway bar. Not nearly as difficult as reading some posts as you would think. You have to think of the bar as being U shaped. Pull and turn, pull and turn. Just rotate the bar toward the middle of the car and it will come right out.

I did it by myself and when the factory bar is finally out it is under the car facing the passenger side. I removed it from the driver's side behind the rotor. I started the new bar from the same position and pushed and turned, pushed and turned. Slid right in.
IMG_0321.jpg

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I read the instructions. I noticed red loctite required on the end link.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
So can the stock front swaybar be removed with front of car on jackstands? ..and if so, how much should it be raised for pulling and twisting?, thx

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So can the stock front swaybar be removed with front of car on jackstands? ..and if so, how much should it be raised for pulling and twisting?, thx
Yes it can. Raised until tires are about 6-7 inches off the ground.