CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wanting to lower my 15 GT. I'm also looking at a minimal drop (0.5inch or so). BMR and Steeda have kits to lower my car as much but these springs are linear. I'm not going to track the car and it is a daily driver so ride comfort is important. What I'm seeing is progressive springs generally drop an 1.0" or so. Not wanting that much drop. My understanding is progressive springs are the way to go for comfort. Anyone have the Steeda or BMR minimal lowering springs? How comfortable is the ride?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Linear springs dropped 0.5" by either Steeda or BMR will not introduce a harsh ride. The reason Steeda uses a Progressive for its "street-oriented" spring is because, after a great deal of testing, they found it offers the best ride with stock dampers (shocks). If you don't want to go that low, just slap on your choice of Steeda (my preference, obviously) or BMR, clock all rubber bushings in the suspension, get an alignment 50 miles later, and be happy.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Linear doesn't mean harsh. It's the rates that matter. The SP763 springs will ride extremely well. Lots of very happy folks with either option though.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
These are the Steeda Sport Linears with a 1/4" spacer in the rear (I've got a box with 2 subs and the spare wheel).

Ride isn't harsh at all, I prefer it over the progressive Sportlines I had before.
IMG_20180406_191050.jpg

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
IMO linear springs are the way to go. They provide a more consistent and predictable ride and handling feel. The progressives are a compromise. Like a jack of all trades but master of none. I think you will be much happier with BMR SP763s or Steeda Sport linears. That would be suggestion. If you want to retain as much as the stock ride quality go with the BMRs. If you a little bit stiffer and sporty feel plus slight more drop, go with the Steeda Sports. You’ll likely get a lot of opinion on these subject as there are many spring offerings.

I like that you are seeking a minimum drop. I think that is a good plan. Less geometry change from the stock car plus enough lowering that it will increase handling.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I have the BMR min drop springs that BmacIL mentioned and upgraded to the PP dampers with Steeda shock mounts at the same time. I would say the ride is better than stock because the car is less floaty. Nothing is harsh, it just settles faster after bumps.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Steeda Progressives in mine. Rides great! Much better feeling than stock. I would give you a comparison, but it's been so long, I forgot how stock feels! LOL!!
If memory serves me correctly, with stock a bump would be a bounce feeling with a lot of travel. Progressives now reduce the travel of the bounce, but without the harsh jolting associated with an extremely lowered car.
Just go the 1" drop Progressives. You won't be disappointed.

po4u6FXCj.jpg

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I'm wanting to lower my 15 GT. I'm also looking at a minimal drop (0.5inch or so). BMR and Steeda have kits to lower my car as much but these springs are linear. I'm not going to track the car and it is a daily driver so ride comfort is important. What I'm seeing is progressive springs generally drop an 1.0" or so. Not wanting that much drop. My understanding is progressive springs are the way to go for comfort. Anyone have the Steeda or BMR minimal lowering springs? How comfortable is the ride?
You are the exact person we designed our SP763 Kit for.

Since 2015 when we released them, we have thousands of very happy customers with these springs, feedback is just amazing.

If you have any questions about them please do not feel free to shoot me a call at the office.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the posts. Went with the SP763 springs and PP dampers. Was a hard decision between steeda and BMR.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks for all the posts. Went with the SP763 springs and PP dampers. Was a hard decision between steeda and BMR.
Good choice! There is definitely a good reason that BMR springs are one of, if not the most popular springs for the S550 chassis. :cheers:

Enjoy!!

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Linear springs dropped 0.5" by either Steeda or BMR will not introduce a harsh ride. The reason Steeda uses a Progressive for its "street-oriented" spring is because, after a great deal of testing, they found it offers the best ride with stock dampers (shocks). If you don't want to go that low, just slap on your choice of Steeda (my preference, obviously) or BMR, clock all rubber bushings in the suspension, get an alignment 50 miles later, and be happy.
So drive my car 50 miles or so to settle things out before alignment. Good to know. Thank you.

OP
OP
CEHollier

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have the minimal springs but I do have the performance springs (SP080R)... I believe they are 1.1 to 1.2 in the front and I think .5 in the rear. I daily drive my car and I've been happy with them. Pic attached so you can see how the car sits.
Thank you for the post. The SP763 springs should be very close to yours. 0.5" rear and 7/8" front. Your picture should be a good representation of what my stance should look like. Are your rims 20's?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Progressives are not a compromise. That is wording that was fed to me, too, by a certain someone early in my Mustang ownership and its horsehockey. True long-transition progressives are not MY personal preference (I like dual rate type progressives), but to state they're a compromise is ridiculous considering numerous SUPERCARS use progressive springs, numerous RACE CARS use progressive springs, and numerous high dollar road-going sport-oriented cars use progressive springs. Why, because properly designed progressive/dual rate springs have compliance benefits and improve roll control. And Steeda did enough testing on their progressives to produce a set of springs that gets consistently favorable reviews, even from people that go on track with their car. Compromise my behind... enough with that nonesense.

Learn something:
"For grand touring and high-performance driving, progressive rate springs offer great ride quality and superior handling due to the roll control offered by the springs. This is especially true if a reduced ride height is desired. The initial light rate provides a great ride, while the increased secondary rate assures a load carrying capability unavailable if lowering with a linear rate spring is attempted. Most high-performance driving involves a fixed vehicle package with only one or two passengers and very limited extra weight. This is the ideal situation for progressive rate springs."

https://www.hypercoils.com/tech-tips/linear-vs-progressive-rate-suspension-springs/

TheMark

obsessed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Ignot Silver
Maybe long shot, but any available discount codes for these springs? I’m pretty much sold on using the min-drops with my Ford track pack instead of the Ford springs.

Good choice! There is definitely a good reason that BMR springs are one of, if not the most popular springs for the S550 chassis. :cheers:

Enjoy!!
Sponsored