Sponsored

PP2 is up on configurator.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
And if you did it at home you'd have to pay full price for Cup2's, the struts and springs. Also the lip, wing, wheels....

Struts are not the same, the share the GT350 part humber. So do the springs and front swaybar.

PP2 basically adds much of the GT350 suspension to the GT. With wider wheels and wider/better tires. It would cost you more than $800 to do any of that yourself.
well, we're not talking about a home DIY solution are we? It's from the factory and I still stand by my point that the extra things doesn't make this a good deal without the recaro seats. And I'm not sure how you can see if a part on fordparts.com is for PP2 or PP1, I can only see it says what year it is for, and if I search for #18124 for example, there're a lot of different ones that shows up. Could you explain how to use fordparts.com? Every time I go on there to find parts it just takes forever because it's so messy.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Look for the word Platinum in the 2018 parts.

Still dont see what your getting at. If your not comparing to what it would cost YOU to buy and install those parts than you are doing it wrong. Of course it costs for less, but it's not like they are selling a car at cost. So your point seems rather dumb. The price difference is $810. With having improved/different swaybar, struts, springs, added lip, special spoiler, wheels, better tires, and (possibly) better steering ratio is not worth $810, but some (imo) shit seats are, then you're just kidding yourself.

Last edited:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look for the word Platinum in the 2018 parts.

Still dont see what your getting at. If your not comparing to what it would cost YOU to buy and install those parts than you are doing it wrong. Of course it costs for less, but it's not like they are selling a car at cost. So your point seems rather dumb. The price difference is $810. With having improved/different swaybar, struts, springs, added lip, special spoiler, wheels, better tires, and (possibly) better steering ratio is not worth $810, but some (imo) shit seats are, then you're just kidding yourself.
Why should I compare it to installing them myself? We're comparing new cars to new cars from the factory, and your point seems dumb to me as well. I'm saying compared to PP1, the PP2 will be a really good deal if it DOES include the recaro seats and the price difference is $810 if you do PP1 + magneride, and it's not as good of a deal if it doesn't include the seats. Like I said before, because it is from the factory, the cost of different parts are lowed to minimal, and you can't really do the calculations using retail price either even though that's the numbers we have, and there're no installation costs either, so $810 for those different parts isn't that great.

Also, I don't see Platinum anywhere if I search for the part number, and I've clicked on all the parts that showed up.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION] Cloth Recaro seats are included. Here's a screenshot from my cotus page. It's only on 401A premium PP2 that you have to pay for leather recaros.
Yeah, I’m talking about GT premium all the time, and this even proves my point, if you have the same package where on one trim it includes recaro but don’t on the other, it makes it not that great for the value for the trim that it doesn’t.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The challenge for me is actually being able to drive one before I buy. I know I could order one and put a deposit down, but then I could lose the deposit if I don't want to buy the car.

It will likely be a $500-1000 gamble. Also at this point I might be better off ordering a 2019.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
No A10. It deletes the A10 when you select the PP2. Just an observation.
This was known long way long ago. It's a track oriented car (like the 1LE). While you can track an auto, most people will want this for the exclusiveness of having a manual and track performance handling options, which is not using a A10. At least they still offer the PP1 in auto tho:thumbsup:.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Very cool to see the PP2 on the build site. But mother of god those satin nickel wheels are so good looking.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The challenge for me is actually being able to drive one before I buy. I know I could order one and put a deposit down, but then I could lose the deposit if I don't want to buy the car.

It will likely be a $500-1000 gamble. Also at this point I might be better off ordering a 2019.
Dealer deposits should be fully refundable.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Likely you won't if you just go to the track once a year. The Cup 2's are not good tires to daily. They won't last long and they are very sticky and pickup/throw tons of pebbles, etc.

PP1 is provably a better option for you. Just add magride.
Well, to be fair, the PP1 tires pick-up/throw tons of pebbles, and don't last long either.

So, there's that.

I noticed that configuring a base GT with PP2 automatically adds 300A, which is a bummer.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well, to be fair, the PP1 tires pick-up/throw tons of pebbles, and don't last long either.

So, there's that.

I noticed that configuring a base GT with PP2 automatically adds 300A, which is a bummer.
The cup2s pick up pebbles in parking lots that you didn't even see - drive across debris/gravel in the road and it'll sound like you have a nail in your tire because rocks will be embedded in the slick (not the groove)... pick up some speed and it'll throw it at your car or the one behind you.

They also only last about 5k mi before it starts getting dicey to push the car hard. I put 10k on a set but they were useless for any hard driving after about 6-7k. That's a new set of tires every oil change.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
For those getting PP2 or wanting PP2, having mine for over a month now and driving 700 miles on it, I'll leave these comments here:
- No regrets buying it, love the car, love the rims (if I was going PP1 with Magneride, PP2 would be worth it for the rims alone).
- Splitter sticks out a bunch, be mindful of where you drive if you plan to daily drive or have a lot of steep grades going in and out of places (pic below of it).
- As others have mentioned, SC2 tires are awesome tires, but awesome when warm, and will do really well on the track. For driving around town or highway, they track the road texture really well, which will give you a work-out if you have some textured roads or ruts in the road, it's the amount of rubber on the ground that makes them grab whatever they can. You'll want to swap tires out for driving around town unless you have pristine roads. They will pick up every drop of sand, pebbles, rocks, and you'll cringe when you hear them hit your car (rock guards would be ideal to add). Tires shouldn't be used below 40F, I think Michelin states to not move it below 20F or they'll crack unless you let them return to 40F or flex them with pressure.
- I've purchased a new set of tires for driving around with, I went with the bridgestone S-04 pole position 305/30/19 all around, traction is great, handles water well on rainy days, handling on textured roads or roads with ruts is excellent unlike SC2. SC2 tires that come on PP2 will hydroplane if there is any standing water, they will do well on wet roads, but not wet roads with a little water depth (it's like driving on ice). I didn't go with the other Michelin options as I have read of tire cracking issues on those in the rare cold days that can happen here (it could be 60 in winter and later the same day 20).
- As others mention, sway bars, springs, wheel liners are all different. I believe even other components on the suspension are different related to the magneride, but not sure if these are same as PP1 with Magneride. I believe the software is tuned different on the PP2 for the magneride, and I recall reading something somewhere or in conversation with ford that there was something else upgraded due to suspension being stiffer (possible bigger knuckles or something else). I tried putting in my VIN, but it doesn't fully bring up all PP2 components, it does more than before, and as others mentioned, it typically has platinum in the description for PP2 parts).

If I had to pick a negative thing so far is that I think they should offer a regular summer tire option versus the SC2 tires. On smooth roads, they grip and hold like a dream and will be awesome at the track, but not something you'll want to drive around town all the time on (plus they'll probably last 2-5k miles). I took mine off at 500 miles and the local dealer asked why I wanted to keep them as they had no tread left (I told them they came with almost no tread).

Again, love my PP2, if I could change 1 thing, I would have put SO-4 Bridgestones, or even the Michelin PS4s or Super Sport tires on it as an option (or standard and make the SC2's the option). Love the square set up.

4D998460-D3A1-478D-9BA1-D5368F99F139.jpg

D282E185-6CAA-4D9B-BC02-A6372C1BD6F2.jpg

Last edited:

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

So, there's that.

The PP1 tires should last 12-20K+ miles unless you are regularly tracking or really abusing them.

The Cup 2's will not last that long and are much stickier. They also take longer to warm up so depending on your climate they may only be good for like 4-5 months out of the year at best.

But I get why Ford uses them. The PP2 is really not meant to be a street car and no there can be no excuses when the magazines test the car that the Mustang did not have the right tires on the car.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
First post here. I am getting ready to order a silver PP2. I was not planning on running the SC2's on the street. I ran Hankooks on my GTO. They are cheap tires, but I would give them decent reviews. They also come in a lot of different sizes. I was thinking staying with the 305/30/19 on the rear, and maybe going with a 295/30/19 on the front for a slight staggered look. You can get a staggered setup like this for about $800 plus shipping.

I do have a question for Infidex. How much extra room is there in the rear. Any idea of whether a 325/30/19 might fit back there? That would be about a 1/2" taller and 3/4" wider. MT makes the ET streets in that size. Might help hook up at the strip a little better.

Thanks, everyone. Already getting a lot of good information here.
Sponsored