Sponsored

Hood corrosion

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
Why would they not cover it? Isn't corrosion 6 year / unlimited mile warranty?
Just for aluminium parts and for 2016 and above
Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Why would they not cover it? Isn't corrosion 6 year / unlimited mile warranty?
The corrosion warranty is a joke....according to Ford only corrosion that creates holes is covered under the 5yr unlimited miles warranty

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
The corrosion warranty is a joke....according to Ford only corrosion that creates holes is covered under the 5yr unlimited miles warranty
Ask to see the reason for the rejection from Ford..mine was rejected because they said they could not see the corrosion, so we scraped paint off, and brushed the white oxidation out of the pits and took new pictures... I got a new hood. I was also under the 3/36 warranty, not the 6 year corrosion warranty. But I got a new hood with pits from corrosion. Not holes....the dealer should of submitted pictures to Ford, and received an specific reason for rejection. Read that and carefully decipher the wording......

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Update on mine, I was able to fix my alignment problems the dealer installed the hood latch part backwards on the hood causing mis fitting and side torque on the hood warping it...I fixed the latch and it fits now....the missing AC and emissions stickers are on order, and a small amount of paint buffing is needed....

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Ask to see the reason for the rejection from Ford..mine was rejected because they said they could not see the corrosion, so we scraped paint off, and brushed the white oxidation out of the pits and took new pictures... I got a new hood. I was also under the 3/36 warranty, not the 6 year corrosion warranty. But I got a new hood with pits from corrosion. Not holes....the dealer should of submitted pictures to Ford, and received an specific reason for rejection. Read that and carefully decipher the wording......
I will likely call ford before I go through with getting it repaired...but from what I understand corrosion is pretty much covered under the 3yr 36k warranty no matter what. I’ll let ya know what I find out. The lifetime guarantee the dealer is offering me on their repair is tempting.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I will likely call ford before I go through with getting it repaired...but from what I understand corrosion is pretty much covered under the 3yr 36k warranty no matter what. I’ll let ya know what I find out. The lifetime guarantee the dealer is offering me on their repair is tempting.
Just make sure your dealer submits a claim with pictures, then if you get a rejection letter read it carefully. My rejection letter said they could not see any holes or pitting. That was because we left paint intact. After scraping paint off the corrosion and pitting in the metal were clearly visible and I got a new hood. This is Fords way of saving money, deny first claim, put it back on owner to try again.....
Let the dealer work for you, be nice to them, they are the middlemen in this negotiation with Ford, make it known to them you know they did not cause the problem and you need their help in dealing with Ford...
If your dealer is difficult go elsewhere.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
My car is now back at the body shop and getting the hood repainted again. The body shop manager said it wasn't solvent pop, but just dirt in the paint. He wasn't sure if it was just in the clear coat or in the base coat until they rip into it. No ETA no when they will have it done.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I have seen it before. It actually appears to originate from under the leading edge where the seam sealer is.
I was at the body-shop yesterday to get my color-specs measured and they showed me how the hood corrosion starts under the edges/seams indeed. They had 3 replacement hood's in, all owners had the same issue after the passed winter. Before mounting the hoods they will spray the seams with dinitrol since the corrosion can also come back on the new hoods. Making me think that the new hoods are a waste of money this way, spot repair and dinitrol treatment might be cheaper and also have the chance for the corrosion to come back, but at-least the car stays original.

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Welp, I have a 2015 w/ 45k on it and corrosion above both headlights on the hood. The bubbling has started on the top of the hood. Went to dealer, they said they only warranty it if there's a hole straight through the hood. I called Ford and spoke to a CSR. They told me there's nothing that can be done because it's outside of any warranty. The car is barely 3 years old. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm 3 beers in and ready to take a fine drill bit through it an then covering it in salt water.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
15s are SOL cuz they didnt put that clause until the 16 MY

Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I called Ford and spoke to a CSR. They told me there's nothing that can be done because it's outside of any warranty. The car is barely 3 years old. Anybody have any suggestions?
I don't know how to fix your car, but here's how you can get some satisfaction: Drive up to your dealer service area on a busy day. With a can of spray paint, write a message to Ford and/or your dealer on your hood. With a wrench you brought with you, remove the hood and place it in the service line. With the sledge hammer you also brought with you, pound the hood into tin foil. Get in the car, and drive off, hoodless, in a Cars and Coffee style burnout.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't know how to fix your car, but here's how you can get some satisfaction: Drive up to your dealer service area on a busy day. With a can of spray paint, write a message to Ford and/or your dealer on your hood. With a wrench you brought with you, remove the hood and place it in the service line. With the sledge hammer you also brought with you, pound the hood into tin foil. Get in the car, and drive off, hoodless, in a Cars and Coffee style burnout.
Or it the hood is light enough:

[ame]

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I got mine back 2 weeks ago, paint not perfect, the shop said they wanted to let it cure more before working on paint, I was also missing the emissions and ac stickers. So the car has been sitting at home in the garage for 2 weeks, will take it back to shop soon, I am seeing more defects...might need a repaint.

FYI, the emissions label and AC label both have to be ordered through a ridiculously outdated system Ford still uses. The dealer has to fax an order form for the required labels and eventually Ford will snail-mail them to the dealer, complete with hand written VIN on the emissions label.
If you're ever unfortunate enough to need the sticker in the door jamb, they take even longer, and a Ford rep has to personally install them.
You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
FYI, the emissions label and AC label both have to be ordered through a ridiculously outdated system Ford still uses. The dealer has to fax an order form for the required labels and eventually Ford will snail-mail them to the dealer, complete with hand written VIN on the emissions label.
If you're ever unfortunate enough to need the sticker in the door jamb, they take even longer, and a Ford rep has to personally install them.
You can't make this shit up.
Yeah, but there are 3rd party companies that reproduce those labels. You can hardly tell them apart from factory labels.

I can look up the company if you really need me to.

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah, but there are 3rd party companies that reproduce those labels. You can hardly tell them apart from factory labels.

I can look up the company if you really need me to.
Yeah, we use one of them here, occasionally. With some of those companies, you only have to send in a photo of the original to get a copy. Ford is super in the past on this one.
Sponsored