Anyone care that a gt500 is coming?

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
I'm reading the thread in the 500 board and it almost seems as some are laughing and looking forward to a price drop in the 350... Of course non of the people that are making such comments own a 350 so it's almost like they are saying crap to make themselves feel better? I for one don't care what the 500 brings, it will not be worth the $60k markup over my 350 and I absolutely LOVE everything about the 350... Is anyone looking forward to actually selling the 350 to get into a 500? Or do we all understand the special characteristics of our cars that will probably never be recreated?
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm so sick and tired of speculations. We don't know much about the GT500 except for what we saw in the teaser which doesn't mean anything yet nor truly indicative of the prices of the GT350 used market. People can word vomit all they want but whatever will happen will happen. Who knows, maybe the GT350's will even level off or go back up again because customers who pick up a GT500 also want a GT350 to complete their late model collection. There hasn't been two Shelby cars available so close to each other that were worth a damn since the 60's. That Shelby GT thing in '07...yeah we can kinda forget about that one lol. Not exactly Ford's finest hour.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It is great for Ford. I may steal some parts from it. Other than that, I will not be able to afford one unless some of my business ventures really take off...Even then I doubt I will make the money that I feel I should be making.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I am happy that a GT500 will come. But I will be keeping my GT350. My 11 was in fine order when I sold it. I could have waited for the GT500, but I decided to get the 350 because of what a driver's car it was.

Will the GT500 be the same ? Not sure, but if it's on par then so be it. If that is the case it will be a GT350 with more power. If the need arise it has been proven the GT350 can handle power as well. Power is cheap, power can always be bought.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Speculation on my part, but I don't see the GT500 being a track day special like the R is... I'm assuming it will be more of a straight line / drag car / GT cruiser?

Even if it were a track car (road coarse) , I don't see me dumping my GT350 R for one (at least right now). I'm still adding parts to it for the upcoming race season.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Nope - happy with the GT350. Keeping it and looking at other things to add to the stable, rather than another Mustang variant.

I had considered trading it in on a base R, but the window for a new one of those has pretty much closed, since there will likely only be a few more built once production resumes in the spring before federal law requires them to produce all remaining '18s with back-up cameras (and by extension, the full electronics package).

So, since I'll be keeping this one, it's time to look at other things that would be fun to have in the garage - like an early '60s Ford Country Squire wagon! Maybe a Grand Sport Corvette, too, at some point.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
It is great for Ford. I may steal some parts from it. Other than that, I will not be able to afford one unless some of my business ventures really take off...Even then I doubt I will make the money that I feel I should be making.
This I am hoping for some parts we can use, aside from that I am curious about it in the same way I am curious about any new car.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Not interested in owning one - but if they make it track worthy - I'm assuming they're going even further with weight reduction. It'll be interesting to see if that's the case and if so - if any of those parts can be transferred to the GT350 for a reasonable price.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm assuming they're going even further with weight reduction. It'll be interesting to see if that's the case and if so - if any of those parts can be transferred to the GT350 for a reasonable price.
Dat hood doe...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm reading the thread in the 500 board and it almost seems as some are laughing and looking forward to a price drop in the 350... Of course non of the people that are making such comments own a 350 so it's almost like they are saying crap to make themselves feel better? I for one don't care what the 500 brings, it will not be worth the $60k markup over my 350 and I absolutely LOVE everything about the 350... Is anyone looking forward to actually selling the 350 to get into a 500? Or do we all understand the special characteristics of our cars that will probably never be recreated?
You don't even know what the 500 is at this point. Why would anyone sell theirs until more was known?

If it turns out to be better than what I have for the track, I will consider selling one of my R's for one. Heck, maybe even keep both of them.

I'm not doing anything until there is more information.

Nobody knows enough to make a good decision. (At least anyone who is talking).

Sponsored

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
If the GT500 is just a supercharged CPC as widely believed...I am already yawning while thinking about it. Truth is as Nastang pointed out we just don’t know what it is going to be. I am very picky and love everything about my R so it is highly unlikely *any* car is going to make me start running the math for selling, trading, etc.

Side rant - I am also MUCH less likely to put another $70-100k of my money into a company that is converting their entire lineup to electric....ewwwww! The only electric car company I support is PowerWheels. If Ford does actually do that I’ll be sure to drive my 1970 Buick Skylark more often to help bring balance to the force.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
dont care at all, i love my 350. would be nice if some lightweight parts were interchangeable though and not crazy expensive. i honestly feel sorry for anyone that wants one cause the dealers are gonna be impossible to deal with. the 350 will probably be my last ford cause it sucked so bad

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
And another thread about this haha.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm very excited about the GT500. It will be fun reading reviews and watching videos about it. And of course bragging rights in the most important conversation topic of my life - Camaro vs. Mustang.

I can't see myself buying one, though. I'm just not a supercharger person. They are cool, but I'm not that interested... at least not for big bucks. Before I bought the GT350 I did look at the older GT500s. There are some cream puffs out there that make great power and would have cost me less than the GT350. I just couldn't pull the trigger. I had to have the GT350.

I'm not interested in trading up to a GT350R, either. I think the GT350 is a great value - lots of fun and great on the track. I don't need carbon fiber wheels to enjoy a car.