Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
b2057ed195b32eccf1280d68d68f0a30.jpg

Just finished watching BULLITT on American Airlines flight!

Can't wait to get back home and get back in the car for the drive home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Darnit..........I was hoping you had the inside scoop on the 2018 S550 Bullitt SE being launched to coincide with the film's 50th anniversary :D

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I've seen the actual movie on DVD and you can pull up various edits of the chase scene on Youtube. I don't know man, the actual movie plot is really slow and the famous car chase looks really dated now.

-- instead of a bunch of fast cuts like we are used to in modern car chases, there are a few fast cuts but way too much time dragged out in long shots

-- sound wise, the cars sound like they're geared really long. In many parts of the scene the "chasing" sounds like listening to someone floor it in top gear at 1000rpm.

-- overall the cars sound slow and look slow in a lot of the shots.

[ame]

watch between 1:00 and 2:00 of that

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've seen the actual movie on DVD and you can pull up various edits of the chase scene on Youtube. I don't know man, the actual movie plot is really slow and the famous car chase looks really dated now.

-- instead of a bunch of fast cuts like we are used to in modern car chases, there are a few fast cuts but way too much time dragged out in long shots

-- sound wise, the cars sound like they're geared really long. In many parts of the scene the "chasing" sounds like listening to someone floor it in top gear at 1000rpm.

-- overall the cars sound slow and look slow in a lot of the shots.

watch between 1:00 and 2:00 of that
As a comparison, there is a modern version of the same chase with a 2013 Mustang GT and a Charger. The cornering speeds, acceleration runs, and the braking is on steroids compared to 1968. Those old tail happy cars wouldn't stand a chance against their more modern versions, even the tail happy Charger!

Argh...cannot embed the video....

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
As a comparison, there is a modern version of the same chase with a 2013 Mustang GT and a Charger. The cornering speeds, acceleration runs, and the braking is on steroids compared to 1968. Those old tail happy cars wouldn't stand a chance against their more modern versions, even the tail happy Charger!

Argh...cannot embed the video....
PS embeds only work on real links, not shortened ones :)

[ame]

Sponsored

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The cartoon Archer just did a bullitt chase scene this season. Awesome car.
Sponsored