Vehicle Showcase

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So, how do I get a set of these wheels; without actually buying a Bullitt?
Likely they will be offered by Ford Racing Parts after the car has been out a while.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
My only concern with the GT350 intake is what it will do to the low end torque.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Autocar says some will be coming to the UK, in the summer and in RHD.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-detroit-motor-show/2018-ford-mustang-bullitt-revealed

They say in the USA it will be priced "well short" of the GT350 price.

So a specced GT350 is around $65k to $70k, so I reckon the Bullitt will be in the $60k ballpark, so possibly £50k to £55k which is damn good for such an icon, that pretty much needs nothing at all doing to it.

Definitely now wondering about waiting out for it.:love:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Autocar says some will be coming to the UK, in the summer and in RHD.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-detroit-motor-show/2018-ford-mustang-bullitt-revealed

They say in the USA it will be priced "well short" of the GT350 price.

So a specced GT350 is around $65k to $70k, so I reckon the Bullitt will be in the $60k ballpark, so possibly £50k to £55k which is damn good for such an icon, that pretty much needs nothing at all doing to it.

Definitely now wondering about waiting out for it.:love:
You're not paying for an Icon though, the Icon is the original, this is more a brand (just to be a pedant).

If you want to add some more fuel to the flame, it could well be fords last manual special edition, with the GT500 speculated to be running the A10 purely.

Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Agree with Manders, looking objectively, this is a marketing shot-in-the-arm to a model in the middle of its life cycle. Sure, it's a bonny colour, has nice wheels and has a mildly hopped-up engine. It's not even an original idea as they pulled this with S197 too.

I still can't not like it though!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
You're not paying for an Icon though, the Icon is the original, this is more a brand (just to be a pedant).
I also agree with Manders... :eek:
Absolutely love it but they'll probably price it too high for what it (really) is.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I also agree with Manders... :eek:
Absolutely love it but they'll probably price it too high for what it (really) is.
Just for fun, I will disagree with young Manders...

Arguably you could say any model after the original is not iconic in the same way. Is my S550 iconic? To me, yes. The 2019 Bullitt, again, to me - yes. It's a modern copy of an iconic Mustang yes, but an icon nonetheless.

:ford:

Damn you Ford, you will bankrupt me one day :tsk:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just for fun, I will disagree with young Manders...

Arguably you could say any model after the original is not iconic in the same way. Is my S550 iconic? To me, yes. The 2019 Bullitt, again, to me - yes. It's a modern copy of an iconic Mustang yes, but an icon nonetheless.

:ford:

Damn you Ford, you will bankrupt me one day :tsk:
The s550 is a mustang. That is a brand of car, and is iconic in it's own right.

The S550.2 Bullitt edition isn't an iconic car, it's a homage to the original. Bullitt is a movie title. In fact the only car that can be Iconic by name, are the ones used in the movie, and replicas of that 68 390 mustang Fastback.

I would argue this point, for any Bullitt edition mustang ever created.

This is, a special edition mustang, and not an icon. If they remake bullitt with a steve mander (rather than a steve McQueen) with a 2018 S550 Bullitt, then sure, it's iconic for that. :lol:.

Neither of this is to say that the name is not iconic, and the car isn't special, but, for it's potential (speculative etc) price, is it worth it, as an icon, no. As a collectors item, and cool homeage, that's down to each individual (TT is currently selling his kidney, kids, wife, (and their non vital organs) and S197 for this lol)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The s550 is a mustang. That is a brand of car, and is iconic in it's own right.

The S550.2 Bullitt edition isn't an iconic car, it's a homage to the original. Bullitt is a movie title. In fact the only car that can be Iconic by name, are the ones used in the movie, and replicas of that 68 390 mustang Fastback.

I would argue this point, for any Bullitt edition mustang ever created.

This is, a special edition mustang, and not an icon. If they remake bullitt with a steve mander (rather than a steve McQueen) with a 2018 S550 Bullitt, then sure, it's iconic for that. :lol:.

Neither of this is to say that the name is not iconic, and the car isn't special, but, for it's potential (speculative etc) price, is it worth it, as an icon, no. As a collectors item, and cool homeage, that's down to each individual (TT is currently selling his kidney, kids, wife, (and their non vital organs) and S197 for this lol)
Haha really [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION]??? I thought he may be interested. I do get your point...I guess the correct phrase would be that these Bullitts will be a tribute to an icon.

P.s. you can't be in the Bullitt reboot movie, no where near cool enough ;)
Sponsored